Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794522 times)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #840 on: July 19, 2012, 09:39:55 PM »
Lmao, syren the only thing you work out is your mouth, hahahaha.

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #841 on: July 19, 2012, 10:03:38 PM »
I hear the same can be said about your ass.
Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #842 on: July 19, 2012, 10:07:08 PM »
Hi, J. Thanks for not being a pretentious ass about it. I just thought it would be nice to actually address each other by name if we are all simming together. In regards to the lack of pubic hair, I take it you are a swimmer or cyclist? I work out too except it's called shopping.  :D

LOL, hell no. I swim to survive and i cycle if my cars broke down.  :D   It's got more to do with reciprocity than anything.

most my shopping is comic shops or done online or at gas pumps or food yielding establishments, i shop at a mortgage company and utility providers a lot to ;p bleh
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #843 on: July 19, 2012, 11:49:42 PM »
Karen, the fact that you didn't dispute J's claim to least pubic hair disturbs me a little. I would have guessed different.  :P
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #844 on: July 20, 2012, 12:15:03 AM »
Nah, shes one of them ultra-hardcore liberal women, all hairy like a sasquatch. French almost.

And as far as my ass, it hasnt seen a speck of physical activity since the XBOX 360 launched, so nyah! Well... no I lie, I guess chasing 3 children around the house all day is actually quite a bit of physical activity now that I think about it. I always wondered how I stay so fit while spending 12hrs a day on a computer, and a lovely diet consisting nearly completely of McDonalds and Taco Bell. However fit being a relative term. Im 6'2" 190lbs but I smoke to much to run more then about 50 feet lmao!

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #845 on: July 20, 2012, 09:29:37 AM »
Dem, darling, I believe he was talking about the guys on the forum. Clearly, it's brazilian for moi. A ltitle drafty but far more comfortable than the alternative.  :-*

And Ramano, no, liberal does not mean hairy. I was just at the spa yesterday afternoon in fact. Being a business woman means we always have to look pretty. It's a double standard but none the less true. Clients prefer attractive people. That's a fact. But in my industry we are mainly up against the gays who always manage to out accessorize us somehow yet they can't pull off the heels quite like I can. We have the leg up on that, no pun intended.  :P Although how you have managed to survive on that diet I'll never know. Whole Foods, sweetie. Check it out.
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #846 on: July 20, 2012, 09:47:01 AM »
Good genes, and an army trained iron stomach. And what you speak of is not food, it is what food eats. Give me a 3lb jumbo burger with bacon, extra bacon, all the condiments, dripping with grease and fat, salted... mmm... thats good eat'in there. You know when you take a bite of it and that greasy juice just goes running down your face and falls onto your plate like a waterfall. Thats the spot.

And also syren, I can tell you have NEVER been to wisconsin before. Around here liberal = hairy, on a near chewbacca level. However we dont have the problem with the gays here. They are terrified to live in this state, I dont believe we have any hate crime laws here. Not that are enforced anyway. Oh, and I heard about that mass shooting out in Colorado, what did I tell you was gunna happen when you keep mistreating your minions!! (Sorry, too soon?)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:52:37 AM by Ramano »

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #847 on: July 20, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »
Oh, and I heard about that mass shooting out in Colorado, what did I tell you was gunna happen when you keep mistreating your minions!! (Sorry, too soon?)

Just one more asshole giving someone a reason to take my responsibly owned firearms away. What do you bet this becomes a distraction on the campaign away from jobs and economy? Oh, and the CO shooter was from CA, of course.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #848 on: July 20, 2012, 02:13:52 PM »
Just one more asshole giving someone a reason to take my responsibly owned firearms away. What do you bet this becomes a distraction on the campaign away from jobs and economy? Oh, and the CO shooter was from CA, of course.

FINE! I will weigh in politically!  GRRR

The idea that politics should be based on prosperity is dangerous in my opinion.  It's upholding the ideal that all that matters is money.  Oh wait, I forgot we're Capitalist.  Money IS all that matters.  Carry on ;p

But that shooting is f'd up.  My bet is he's a disgruntled Chris Nolan detractor.

Regarding firearms, if you want to keep them, you should have to rejustify them based on a premise not relying on a 200yr old document written by slave holders declaring all men created equal when firearms fired 1-3 rounds per minute and before there was a standing national army or local police forces. =)

I do own a couple hunting rifles!  But as far as people crying about automatics, assault weapons etc, give me a break.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:16:56 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #849 on: July 20, 2012, 02:34:22 PM »
"Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State governments, with the people on their side, would be able to repel the danger. The highest number to which, according to the best computation, a standing army can be carried in any country, does not exceed one hundredth part of the whole number of souls; or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This proportion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence. It may well be doubted, whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops."
~James Madison's Federalist Papers No.46

The right to bear arms isn't about hunting, it is about the right of the people to defend themselves against an overbearing and out-of-control government if necessary, you know, the way they did against the King. Never forget, this nation is a Union of States, a representative Republic, and that the States are not to ever be shackled completely to the Federal Government.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:37:26 PM by Dementat »
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #850 on: July 20, 2012, 03:01:37 PM »
The right to bare arms isn't about hunting, it is about the right of the people to defend themselves against an overbearing and out-of-control government if necessary, you know, the way they did against the King. Never forget, this nation is a Union of States, a representative Republic, and that the States are not to ever be shackled completely to the Federal Government.

Oh I don't hunt.  I just shoot.  If you work it out economically it's cheaper to buy your food at a grocery store anyways.  Hunting license, cleaning, etc.

And that term "completely" you use in referencing Federal Power over States is interesting.  I wonder what it could be expanded upon to mean?  That the Fed Govt can trump State law in "extreme common good" instances, extreme, common, and good all being defined by Federal standards of course?

I partially agree with you that State law should precede Federal.  But there's just a lot of problems with that as well.  Inevitably, you'd end up with total polarization from state to state,  even more so than now I mean.  In the long run, you'd have states warring with each other because of the steep divides that State dominance would create.

I disagree that a Representative Republic is the FAIREST way to run a democracy, although Direct Democracy is logistically unmanageable (though those same problems enter Representative Elections as well).

The Constitution. . it had some good ideas, but we like to think we invented this whole revolution/democracy thing.  Consider the ethical contradictions between the specific language of the document and it's authors, and regarding the 2nd Amendment itself further consider the difference in the world of 1791 and today.   The forefathers could never have imagined the country the USA is today from it's humbled beginnings back then.  I hesitate to say it for fear of being misconstrued as espousing the ideals myself but from an extreme perspective, do you think they would have written the 2nd Amendment in the terminology it was written in now if the slaves were already freed?  They didn't consider that.  Do you think if the 2nd Amendment were never passed, that it would ever get passed today?  Even in a 100% Congress/Senate of EITHER Party?  The current state of America?   no way.

I'm not willing to give up my guns either, but I'm not going to lie to myself and be under any illusions about the whole issue either.  That's like honestly believing we are a just upright country because we say so.  I don't know, no matter how you slice it, Manifest Destiny seems like some bullshit from the Indian Native American (whatever we decided they are to be called for time being!) perspective.  I guess since they'd have never built NYC or huge corporatations or Wine Country or more importantly and dear to my heart the Blue Moon brewery we did the right thing though. That being said, I'm super happy to be here  :D  I'm just not going to kid myself that everything I/We have isn't at someone elses expense.  C'est la vie!

BESIDES, we should all really be directing our Contempt at that dirty Expatriate Greg!  You should have just moved to Texas if you liked the Chilean Flag that much!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:15:06 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #851 on: July 20, 2012, 03:24:03 PM »
And GameStop, because I traded in my xbox360 bout a month ago and now I see they offer double trade in values for limited time on systems.  >:(
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #852 on: July 20, 2012, 03:34:41 PM »
Yeah USA is fucked. That's why I don't live there.

Total illusion. Everything about the USA is one big illusion - in terms or rights, state rights, the entire political process. USA is a Corporate state nothing more or less. It suits that Corporate state to keep the populace entertained and beguiled thus our continued illusion that we are so enlightened. Not to discount personal comfort - the USA can afford a great deal of it - but personal comfort is already less than what it was and will be less still. And when Americans stop feeling comfortable enough not to care about anything, and start really giving a shit -- well that will just be scary.

Suckers.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #853 on: July 20, 2012, 03:40:56 PM »
Yeah USA is fucked. That's why I don't live there.

Total illusion. Everything about the USA is one big illusion - in terms or rights, state rights, the entire political process. USA is a Corporate state nothing more or less. It suits that Corporate state to keep the populace entertained and beguiled thus our continued illusion that we are so enlightened. Not to discount personal comfort - the USA can afford a great deal of it - but personal comfort is already less than what it was and will be less still. And when Americans stop feeling comfortable enough not to care about anything, and start really giving a shit -- well that will just be scary.

Suckers.

I agree but it's about the same anywhere.  The global motivation.  You can live same life as you live in Chile in US, i could move to some remote semi tropical USA plot of land and not bother turning on the news. It's all about the perception you choose to have, which is inevitably all voluntary.  We're both bastard children of Europe ;p    So you enjoy your coffee and your cocaine and bask in running away from the glorious illusion!, I'll enjoy my . . . coffee and cocaine and soak up the familiar insanity as opposed to insanity in spanish that I can't understand! =D

jk btw, coke sucks ;p   Coffees great though.  it keeps me having a job more or less!

I presume you own a coffee bean farm. =)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:44:17 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #854 on: July 20, 2012, 04:15:05 PM »
Yes, yes masacre in Colorado. Ug. The entire city is up in arms which, yes, it's a tragedy but it's a city. People get shot like, every couple of minutes. It only gets media attention because a) it was all at one time and 2) minors were involved. Something like 12 dead, 38 in local area hospitals. My friends in California were freaking out wondering if I was okay but I'm like, let's be realistic here.

1) At 1am any day during the week I'm asleep. I have a career. One which starts early in the morning.

2) It's Aurora. I wouldn't be caught dead there.

3) I never go to opening night/ midnight showing of anything. Too many people. I need my theater to be virtually empty to enjoy a movie otherwise I just wait for the DVD.

And lastly, everyone around here is acting like their best friends or family were gunned down when, in reality, they knew no one involved but feel compelled to get all deep and introspective which I have very little patience for. My minions all arrived safely at work today. I push them hard but they are well paid. So they can just shut the fuck right up or be unemployed. That's the way it works.
Syren