Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794641 times)

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #420 on: June 22, 2012, 12:22:29 PM »
Haha I appreciate the the bones, Hale. And that's what she said too.

Believe me, I really did crunch the numbers. Best fleet available for total capital ship + SF damage output is 6 novas and like 2 hetrinar squads or something, but that just seems stupid. As of now my most balanced fleet is 1 Battle Dragon, 5 Novas, and 1 squad of Miy'tils.

I'll see what an extra CP does when I'm home tonight or tomorrow and have the spreadsheet I made (nerd). I like being at a disadvantage in turbolaser power because that's canon, but the Hapans always had those shit-your-pants scary fleets of Battle Dragons. So yeah, I'll have some sort of princess-admiral charged with leading an expeditionary force that's sort of unpopular with their isolationist culture, so it's poorly funded and supported, which'll explain the lack of prestigious ships.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:24:01 PM by Erasmar »
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #421 on: June 22, 2012, 12:30:41 PM »
Base Delta Zero: The Imperial Way of saying "Fuck You"

Can I ask a question about this picture... well a few actually. First off, why would you use a picture of earth for a star wars graphic. 2nd, why would the imps be bombarding africa, and lastly, what the hell is blowing up like that in the middle of the indian ocean? Theres no land there to facilitate explosions of that magnitude, and turbolasers dont blow up in water. They just instantly evaporate it to steam. Well, not sure about a "turbolaser" per-say as we dont have anything on earth even close to compare it too, but I do know what happens when you fire a 2Mw cutting laser into a pool of water and its not explosive. Excellent if not expensive way to create a heavy fog bank though.

And Erasmar, your not taking into account 1 thing, all that extra firepower from the 6 Nova's means nothing if I can kill all your ships in a single post. Ask hale about that, im good at it. ;) You are gunna want to look into staying power as well.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #422 on: June 22, 2012, 12:39:10 PM »
Ok, by all means you do what you will, but this would be me if I had the Hapans and 24CP to use for a fleet.
1 Charuba fleet carrier
2 Hapan battle dragons
1 Nova battle cruiser

The CFC alone makes sure you dont get ghosted in the first post, carries 21 squadrons of fighters, and would pump out 1800 damage in just ship board firepower ontop of it. Which is enough alone to kill just about any ship in the universe under MC-90 in size. But thats just me.

Then save the 6 NBC fleet for PDF, OUCH!!!

In an attack on Coruscant that would give you access to 1 CFC, 2 HBDs, and 7 NBCs. And with a bit of SLing im sure you could aquire the usage of the 3 MC-90s im gunna have in the frey. Oh yes hale, I found it. With a lv7 leader I have 1 MC-90 in my fleet, 1 I will build for PDF, and the 1 Endor gets for PDF as I will be able to use my full PDF in an attack on the SSD = 1 VNSD, 2 HFFs, 3 MC-90, mwuaahahahaha. (Yeah thats 38 squads of fighters and almost 200 aux craft, HAHAHAHA!)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:45:49 PM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #423 on: June 22, 2012, 12:55:55 PM »
First off, not my graphic.
Secondly, Africa? Could be a random-ass planet for all we know.
Thirdly, the turbolasers could be blowing up the sky itself creating a turbolaser induced-fusion air-firestorm, not necessarily the ocean.

Lastly, Ramano is right, and we have the Mocks to prove it. A Fleet with fewer bigger ships is tougher than multiple smaller ships. This game is high-damage all the way, so shit will blow up often... which is why I'm planning on retreating often in my ISD-II, lol.

The Battle of Coruscant will be epic, and the SSD can certainly hold its own, but it's not invincible... nor is it defenseless. You'll have all the normal platforms plus any GE Player Fleets in the fray. Including a temporary GE/IR alliance... that's another Fleet in there too. The main weakness of the SSD is the UCR 1, which effectively cuts all of its attacks on the bigger capital ships down to 1/3rd what it can do.

But don't you worry... for all the bonuses and shit players will be able to throw at Coruscant... Imperials will have tricks up their sleeve too.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #424 on: June 22, 2012, 01:01:03 PM »
All I know is as hard as im coming in there, if I got prior scans, i'll ghost that SSD in my exit post. Then its just surviving its death post, lol.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #425 on: June 22, 2012, 01:38:40 PM »
Do you hear that sound...?

Yeah... it's the sound of your mouse clicking the webpage to look at the Imperial Specs.

Do you hear that sound...?

No... it's the silence... of you mouth dropping.

...Asshole!  :-*
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 01:46:34 PM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #426 on: June 22, 2012, 02:53:05 PM »
Ok, by all means you do what you will, but this would be me if I had the Hapans and 24CP to use for a fleet.
1 Charuba fleet carrier
2 Hapan battle dragons
1 Nova battle cruiser

The CFC alone makes sure you dont get ghosted in the first post, carries 21 squadrons of fighters, and would pump out 1800 damage in just ship board firepower ontop of it. Which is enough alone to kill just about any ship in the universe under MC-90 in size. But thats just me.

Then save the 6 NBC fleet for PDF, OUCH!!!

Yeah, that's the other fleet I'm looking at. It does have more firepower.

Do I also get the currently listed stock PDF for Hapes? :D I like it.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #427 on: June 22, 2012, 02:59:22 PM »
Wait, i just now thought of something... Hale, I thought you were playing NR. Otherwise its you and gall both playing IR... how does that work?

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #428 on: June 22, 2012, 03:42:04 PM »
I think that exploding ploom in the indian ocean is Madagascar.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #429 on: June 22, 2012, 04:29:12 PM »
**Victory Star Destroyer Mk-II Right Hand**, Victory Star Destroyer Mk-II Left Hand, Charger Consular Cruiser Throbbing Cod...

Seriously now, i've heard of taking pleasure in gaming, but this is rediculous, hes masturbating on the field!! LMAO!!! I tell you what, I get nut in my eye and im gunna be angry hahahaha!

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #430 on: June 22, 2012, 04:34:56 PM »
I thought you would like that, lol.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #431 on: June 22, 2012, 06:14:17 PM »
You know, if your shit is fishy enough to call it a cod... you need to find some cleaner women... I told you to leave syren alone didnt I, look at you now! Got a case of throbbing cod, lmao!

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #432 on: June 22, 2012, 08:37:54 PM »
Galactic Championship Wrestling.

Faction Strongholds and PDF Bonus...
1. Galactic Empire (Coruscant) + (1) SSD
2. Imperial Remnant (Bastion) + (1) ISD-II
3. New Republic (Mon Calamari) + (2) MC-80s
4. Rebel Alliance (Endor) + (1) MC-90
5. Independent (Tatooine) + (2) PBCs
6. Hapan Star Consortium (Hapes) + (1) CFC, (3) HPBs, (3) NBCs
7. Hutt Syndicate (Nal Hutta & Nar Shaddaa) + (1) VNSD, (1) PBC
8. Trade Federation (Mustafar) + (4) TF-DREADs
9. Corporate Sector Authority (Bonadan) + (2) VSDs, (4) MCCs

GE: Dementat
IR: Gall + (Hale)
NR: (Vacant)
RA: Ramano
INDY: (Vacant) + (Hale)
HS: (Vacant)
HSC: Erasmar
TF: (Vacant) + (Hale)
CSA: (Vacant)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:18:32 AM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #433 on: June 23, 2012, 10:08:16 AM »
Woah activity! Let me read and catch up!

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #434 on: June 23, 2012, 11:16:03 AM »
Okay just read through the mock... Count me in on this!

I need to spend some time reading over the rules specs and everything as I have forgotten lots... and I need to choose affiliation and all that. I'll be back later today/tonight posting questions :P

Good to see you're all alive and well!!