Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794581 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: OOC Chat
« Reply #2235 on: July 28, 2014, 05:50:06 PM »

RotE small scale traditional style game could be cool.  Maybe with a more abstract galaxy at play, aside from player bases or something.  Only two factions, Empire and Rebel cells.  Using Special Character Units kind of like was at work for last GCW to get other things done or as modifiers.  Maybe have simple random GM facilitated missions once per month to help spur action, have reward tie ins or something,  some high ranking Imperial dignitaries shuttles making a run being targeted.. a rebel supply convoy trying to break through to reinforce some indigenous fighters against IMperial occupiers.

Mentioned scale sounds fun.  With whole galaxy alive in background for tie in/spec mission use, we just build game around players small strike groups or whatever.  Maybe develop a system where Rebs have to contiuously work to keep base location secret, but imp players have some mechanic to work towards discovery.  When discovery happens, big battle over reb cell base.  No matter who were to win the larger battle, presumably rebs have to flea after and find new base.  This is then the basic dynamic driving game, destroy and rebuild.  Rebs build up base but try and keep secret (maybe larger base gets harder to keep secret), Imps have to locate and destroy somehow.   Could tie the Gm Spec Missions in to this, earning cred somehow for discover/stealth or something.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2236 on: August 09, 2014, 06:58:00 AM »
- Ranes

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #2237 on: August 09, 2014, 11:48:39 PM »
I swear somebody is ripping our games off!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2238 on: August 10, 2014, 11:29:36 AM »
son of a bitch.

Looks incredible.  Have been rocking X-Wing Minis hard for last week non stop.  Battles are simply amazing.  Looking at the game pieces they have shown for this, it runs almost exactly identical.  This will definitely be epic.  Hope that licensing goes through, with how great X-Wing Minis seems to be taking off I don't see why they would not go forward with it.

Anyone from SWSF who gets this game, we need to seriously get a plan together to block off some vacation time so we can all get together somewhere and have a little long weekend tournament amongst the ole diehard crew.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2239 on: August 10, 2014, 03:36:27 PM »
Oh, there's no doubt that I'll be getting it....  :D

I won't be state-side for another year at least, though.
- Ranes

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2240 on: August 11, 2014, 12:22:45 PM »

Anyone from SWSF who gets this game, we need to seriously get a plan together to block off some vacation time so we can all get together somewhere and have a little long weekend tournament amongst the ole diehard crew.

ROFLMAO! Yeah I can see it now. Political arguments, a drunken fist fight, and Syren trying to flirt with everyone there. Oh yeah, and at some point we might... MIGHT... actually get a game going. It would be a perfect physical representation of our old battle simming days HAHA!! But alas, my fandom for Star Wars has all but vanished since learning Disney now owns it, J.J. Abrams is directing the new movie, and George Takai is going to play a jedi master. Its heresy of the highest degree. Star Wars is ruined and not worth paying attention to anymore.

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #2241 on: August 11, 2014, 03:18:19 PM »
I'm married now but that's a lovely theory. If SW is so uninteresting to you then do us all a favor and drop fucking dead.
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2242 on: August 11, 2014, 04:13:55 PM »
I'm married now but that's a lovely theory. If SW is so uninteresting to you then do us all a favor and drop fucking dead.

Lmao, you first toots.

And besides, then I would miss out on all of our ever so lovely conversations. lol

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #2243 on: August 11, 2014, 05:20:59 PM »
That's sweet. You know you missed it.
Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2244 on: August 11, 2014, 10:09:00 PM »

Well unfortunately neither of you were going to be invited.  Both are excluded under the No Women clause*.  :D  (*no offense Sy)

I like my gaming atmosphere sausage heavy.

SO ANYWHO

Ranes, it'll take at least that long to build up a respectable fleet in Armada anyways! FFG can be pricey, but well worth it!

The B-Wing for FFG X-Wing Miniatures has a skill level 8 Sullustan pilot for it's premier ace.  Made me think of your GCW char and arc!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2245 on: August 12, 2014, 09:39:23 AM »
That's sweet. You know you missed it.

-sighs- ... not really.

-retreats back into lurkerdom-

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2246 on: August 13, 2014, 02:58:23 PM »
Ranes, it'll take at least that long to build up a respectable fleet in Armada anyways! FFG can be pricey, but well worth it!

The B-Wing for FFG X-Wing Miniatures has a skill level 8 Sullustan pilot for it's premier ace.  Made me think of your GCW char and arc!

Yeah, when I picked up the B-Wing and saw that it was an instant favorite just for the flavor.  I'm hoping to get some free time again to work on that arc a bit, if only as a set of writings.

The Armada fleet doesn't even have a release date yet, so I guess there's no hurry on it... ;)  I'll be in Texas and maybe some time up in the Denver area some when I get back to the states.  Possibly the DC area some, too.
- Ranes

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2247 on: August 13, 2014, 08:14:23 PM »
The Armada fleet doesn't even have a release date yet,

from an article on it

"The starter game set retails at $99.95 and comes with three painted capital ships, ten squadrons, attack dice, tokens, cards, and a maneuver tool and ruler. The release date is “early 2015″

http://star-wars.suvudu.com/2014/08/fantasy-flight-games-brings-out-the-big-guns-with-star-wars-armada.html

Scale of the CRV is off a bit, too close to FRG, needs slightly smaller.  But it's not bad at all. I hope squads are actual three dimensional pieces and not tokens, it looks like they may be pieces from some promo photos.  The SD in starter set is a VSD in my diagnosis with those fins to the super structuer, so ISD should be quite bit bigger =D

$100 is a bit but honestly, I'd buy two of them for the value on models and two sets of rulers and such.  FFG clobbered it out park with XWing Mini for me, Armada looks to be even more articulate and incredible.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 08:19:31 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2248 on: August 16, 2014, 11:06:30 AM »
That game looks sick!

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2249 on: August 16, 2014, 11:59:48 AM »
Two sets of Armada for sure.

Oh, by the way...  http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=271&esem=2  My comment was "Damnit, there goes the budget...."
- Ranes