Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794273 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1845 on: January 22, 2013, 12:25:20 AM »
Existing SSD exists as part of the Bonus PDF for Coruscant, yes. Technically, it is the GE's (Pestage and Isard's) SSD, so Dem will have another SSD at Coruscant for himself when shit goes down. As it is, SSDs can only be used in PDF Action or in the Battle of Coruscant... so basically when that happens, we'll need Superman to show up to save the day to stop all the Super Star Destroyers.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1846 on: January 22, 2013, 11:36:05 AM »
THIS JUST IN: Endor Flashpoint --> Players will now be able to bring 40 CPs worth of units to the fight! Cash payout increased to 50 KCs per 1 CP. No excuses now!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:40:30 AM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1847 on: January 22, 2013, 12:01:02 PM »
Is it still a 7 ship limit?
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1848 on: January 22, 2013, 12:13:41 PM »
Let's make it 10. Go big or go home!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1849 on: January 23, 2013, 11:36:49 PM »
When are you guys plotting time wise to maybe go at Endor?  the roughly 60 day window from announcement time is for sure ample, but I won't be ready for at least three weeks, maybe four (at most).

Have to put in the ole first string at Vergesso and finish that (HOPEFULLY!), finish Hutta Diplomacy and build up a replacement fleet for what I send to Endor, cause it's gonna get CRUNCHY as I'm gonna use it as a catalyst to shed a bit of my factional Imperial identity
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1850 on: January 24, 2013, 11:24:53 AM »
I'm feeling late Feb/early March.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1851 on: January 24, 2013, 04:48:55 PM »
I'm feeling late Feb/early March.

awesome, PERFECT for my development needs

"In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment."

The difference between revenge and justice is only in one's mood!  :)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:53:43 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1852 on: January 24, 2013, 05:47:03 PM »
"Revenge is the foundation of justice. Justice began with revenge, and revenge is still the only justice some beings can ever hope for."
    Emperor Palpatine, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (Novel)

Oh yes, and the ISD Punisher will have a big white skull painted on its hull!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:49:07 PM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #1853 on: January 25, 2013, 01:16:03 AM »
All I know is that my account was apparently deleted and I did not do that. WTF!?!?!?
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1854 on: January 25, 2013, 08:12:56 AM »
Greetings ladies and gents!  I've found that I have a bit of time and have decided to join up with the GCW.  I'm talking with Hale right now about roles/setup and when exactly to start (Ep 2 or Ep 3).  With that going on, I figured I should introduce myself a bit.

About Me:  I have an AOL based simming history with Flashpoint and TFL (and one other prior to both that I can't recall the name of).  In all cases, I was with the Smuggler's Alliance and at least fairly neutral.  I also usually ran a corporation within it that did R&D, Construction, Ship Mods and other various illegal activities. ;)

About the Character:  Ranes is modeled off a combination of Talon Karrde and Klaus "Doc" Vandangante (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Klaus_Vandangante).  He's a businessman and starship engineer.  In previous sims, he rose to 2nd in command of the SA (around equiv to a Grand Admiral in the Empire ranks, though technically about them even in the SA ranks), so he has had some tactics/leadership history as well in the past.  Traditionally he's Sullustan and will likely be so again.

Once Hale and I have worked out the details, I'll write a few back stories to establish events and history and give y'all a little info about him.  Looking forward to joining in and having some fun with everyone.

- Ranes

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1855 on: January 25, 2013, 11:12:19 AM »
Good to have you aboard.

It seems XCalibyr will be returning in some capacity as well, likely as my apprentice. Be forewarned!
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1856 on: January 25, 2013, 11:29:51 AM »
Yay! Welcome everybody!

Also, Pizi, how did your account get deleted? No one but the administrator has the ability to do that. I don't think anyone on here currently has that authority. I'm so sorry that happened though, that's terrible.

But welcome back!
Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1857 on: January 25, 2013, 01:02:10 PM »

Welcome Ranes!  Looking greatly forward to your participation!

Awesome that Xcali is returning!

Pizi, inspired for a return?

~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #1858 on: January 25, 2013, 04:19:06 PM »
I am interested.  Actually very interested.   Where do I jump in?
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1859 on: January 25, 2013, 05:23:54 PM »
I am interested.  Actually very interested.   Where do I jump in?

RECAP:

1. Dementat (Darth Algoz) is currently building a Super Star Destroyer and the Death Star III in his hopes to becoming the galaxy's biggest baddest guy. =) In that vain, GCW2 is scheduled to END when the DSIII is done... effectively giving Dem the WIN and relative Carte Blanche for GCWIII in terms of his faction's setup and HQ (other than Coruscant).

2. GCW Hale (Lucidius Hale) is the new Supreme Executor of the Imperial Remnant, also building a brand-spanking new SSD, and has resettled on Hoth in his personal quest to destroy the Rebel Alliance, which should be relatively easy considering...

3. Ramano (Grand Admiral Jason Ramano) quit the game, leaving us to pick up the scraps. Currently there is a Flashpoint waiting to be activated (see FP thread for "RETURN OF THE EMPIRE"). This would be a great place for you to physically return to the galaxy, as we're thinking about having it in a month's time (giving you some time to SL or do whatever).

4. GCW Hoppus (New Republic) has effectively withdrew from the galactic stage and gone silent running until the Battle of Coruscant, mainly for OOC reasons but also IC it works with our story of the NR sitting back and watching the Rebel Alliance get destroyed as martyrs.

5. Eidolon (Admiral Szymon) took over the Maw Installation after destroying Admiral Daala with a thermonuclear bomb detonated inside the docking back of the ISD Gorgon. Both an Imperial Admiral and a member of the Tenloss Syndicate, Syzmon is currently consolidating the corruption taking place in that pocket of the galaxy by expanding to known criminal systems and taking over their operations with the sword (and scabbard).

6. We got a couple new guys who are looking to play. So overall this is a good "intermediary" season to come back or set yourself up for GCW3 since the game is scheduled to end in May. I for one am glad that GCW2 has lasted this long actually. Greg and I wanted to make a sim with lasting power, and while OOC/IRL stuff derailed GCW1, it doesn't seem like that's going to be the case again, especially since we've all come a long way with our characters and the overall story... it's been a real SWSF community investment that is paying dividends.

Hip-Hip Huzzah to all!

*SPOILER ALERT*  ;)

Regarding the future, Greg is going to reboot with the Hapans, while my character is going to shack up with the New Republic in the post-Battle of Coruscant shakedown mainly so we can have a player-driven NR as opposed to a NPC one, but it'll allow all of us to "reshape" the canon continuity as we see fit for GCW3 in terms of the major players. As mentioned before, Eidolon's already done that by offing Daala... but we're planning on having Darth Algoz potentially offing the Skywalkers (or Luke doing some kinda sacrifice to drive Algoz away from Coruscant or destroy the DSIII maybe), Ackbar will be killed, Mon Mothma killed, Sate Pestage killed, Ysanne Isard killed, etc... essentially it'll be one grand reboot. Other big players like Zsinj and Thrawn will exist as NPC elements with their own "pocket Empires".

We're all petitioning Karen to make a cameo in GCWIII, so we're keeping our fingers crossed, even if it's just for a one-off mini-SL-series.  ;D
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM