Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793955 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1830 on: January 08, 2013, 04:07:14 PM »
Commence IMPERIAL CIVIL WAR!!!*

*Disclaimer: After the Rebel Alliance is thoroughly ravaged.

"The Empire Returns to Endor" Revenge Flashpoint anyone?!? =) After the RA is wiped out it would certainly set the stage politically for GCWIII, and let the future of GCWII be Imperial in-fighting.

Agreed with all stated.  Cannibalize RA with a Flashpoint, at some point in it the Cooperation Level between the Imp groups breaks down, and sours to out right hostility.  From there we conduct business as normal with Imp v Imp hostility across the galaxy until it comes time for the NR's ascent to Coruscant/End Game FP.

It fits a concept that maybe the NR is sitting out and laying low while the Imps weaken each other, then they see a window of opportunity, commence Coruscant Flashpoint (maybe with a battle or two in a push coreward from Mon cal in between the climactic one?)
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1831 on: January 10, 2013, 02:17:09 PM »
wondering, if it's not a whole lot of work on the 'programming' end, is it possible to get the ability to formulate/store post Drafts to an individuals account on the Forum here?

Sometimes I begin writing a bit of a post, end up having to go do something and just PM it to myself or post what I've got to that point, which works ok, but if possible and others would use, a specific Draft Folder feature would be snazzy!

Maybe we've already got that and I'm overlooking it or maybe I'm just being picky in not settling for PMing myself draft work?

If not possible or too much work to add in for little gain, no biggie.

I realize the Labels feature in Mailbox can be kind of used to organize like that, but it's also only present in the Inbox, cannot Label Outbox items, also Labelling does not remove from Inbox, merely allows to view in separate compilation, it all still stays in Inbox and once deleted from there, will be gone from specified Label category as well.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 02:31:35 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1832 on: January 10, 2013, 02:54:59 PM »
I keep a folder for posts on my laptop and a Word document for each thread I work in. I usually work on posts over the course of many days so I can come back to it if I need to. Then I copy paste it into the hot editor thingy, jazz it up all nice, preview then post it. But I suppose the draft thing would work too.  :P
Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1833 on: January 10, 2013, 03:07:09 PM »
only problem with that is I do sim work on one of three different comps (home desk, home laptop, work desk), so it's getting to be migratory thumb drive territory if it's not an onsite workspace storage solution =)
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1834 on: January 10, 2013, 03:08:16 PM »
only problem with that is I do sim work on one of three different comps (home desk, home laptop, work desk), so it's getting to be migratory thumb drive territory if it's not an onsite workspace storage solution =)

Google Docs or Drop Box would solve that problem
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1835 on: January 10, 2013, 03:26:18 PM »
Alternatively, PM'ing yourself the raw text to keep data in-site might be another preference if you want to avoid clouds.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1836 on: January 10, 2013, 05:40:02 PM »
It would be possible to do but I won't be doing it as it would take a lot of time and effort :)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1837 on: January 10, 2013, 09:01:24 PM »
thank you for suggests Med

clouds?

lazy Chilean =P
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1838 on: January 16, 2013, 07:11:13 AM »
sometimes a tear drop or two of ole irish whiskey in the morning coffee brings a renewed vigor to an otherwise routine weekday-workday grind!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1839 on: January 16, 2013, 12:16:05 PM »
Sorry everyone, I came back from vacation to a swamped desk at work and am fighting it down to something reasonable. I believe Hale has been a bit tied up lately as well.

GCW3 is coming along yet though, and at some point I'll make some story decisions and start writing again...

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1840 on: January 16, 2013, 10:59:55 PM »
Pay no attention to the GM behind the curtain folks!

That should sort out the Rebel Alliance IC/in-game mess. I'll be working on the write-up for the Endor flashpoint this week, but if anybody wants to have at any RA systems in the mean time they're totally "game on". Regarding the Flashpoint, it will serve as a "final destruction of the Rebel Alliance" plus any fringer elements associated with it because there will be a surprise character taking control of everything! It'll be a good story builder for GCWIII. And of course, when it's all over... the Empire will have its vengeance upon the Ewoks... mwahahahah!!!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1841 on: January 21, 2013, 03:50:33 PM »
An SSD at the end of march!

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1842 on: January 21, 2013, 07:27:59 PM »
good thing it can't go anywhere cept Coruscant where there's another one waiting!

and even so, technically it exceeds useable PDF space to be counted in the "Take your Stronghold PDF to Coruscant" Clause unless I overlookin?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:30:20 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1843 on: January 21, 2013, 07:31:24 PM »
its dementat's ssd

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1844 on: January 21, 2013, 10:49:28 PM »
Durrr, oh yeah, brain fart, was remembering it as Hale building one for some reason =)

but it still technically can't be assigned anywheres because of CP limitation yes?  the existing one is only per Unique Bonus?
~J
SWSF 'til Death