Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793471 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1110 on: September 04, 2012, 11:50:02 AM »
If it's CONQUEST you need to follow the Milestones and collect income for your kills. If you don't want to be on a clock (20 days) and don't want to do anything else associated with the CONQUEST mission then you are launching a de facto INVASION of Thyferra.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1111 on: September 04, 2012, 01:52:46 PM »
There seems to be some confusion on language.  May I recommend that the 20 day process be called a SIEGE, to distinguish it from more active battle?
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1112 on: September 05, 2012, 08:17:18 AM »
No no, I want the one where I get paid for attacking the planet.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1113 on: September 05, 2012, 03:56:46 PM »
Then you need CONQUEST. Please read up about it in the Rules section. It follows a step-by-step procedure; so if you have any questions send me a PM.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1114 on: September 05, 2012, 09:17:39 PM »
Yeah, im not sure where the misunderstanding is coming from, ive said at least 4 times im doing the one where I get paid for it and have to wait so much time, thus why I havnt posted moving my ships to the atmosphere yet, I gotta wait till the 7th.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1115 on: September 06, 2012, 10:32:08 PM »
Question, how long can I keep a derelict ship floating around a planet before I either have to scrap it or lose it? Specific example, do I have time to build a shipyard around thyferra and get the 50% salvage credit for those PBCs?

I ask cause I see the thing under salvage, and I assume neutral planets still count as salvage, however I only have 600m tractor power so not enough to tow them to HS according to rules. (Although I fail to see how a derelict ship hull could exert enough force that even 1 standard tractor couldnt pull it around) But, it would most certainly be enough power to keep the burned out hulls in a stable orbit and not let them go crashing into the ground.

So uhh boss, what be the rulin on this one?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:41:09 PM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1116 on: September 07, 2012, 01:13:30 PM »
Under the rules you need full tractor coverage to take it to a planet with a Shipyard or Factory to scrap it (or a planet with Heavy Industry, as the rules say). The ship will remain derelict so long as it has a hull to stay intact. So theoretically, as long as you don't blow it up completely the wrecked hull can float in orbit indefinitely without tractors to hold it.

Keep in mind that pirates and junkers love to visit systems after a battle to check for scraps, so don't leave it there too long. =)
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1117 on: September 07, 2012, 01:38:40 PM »
I was just wondering if I had time to build a shipyard on thyferra before I'd lose the hulls for salvage. And I greatly invite pirate to come try to raid my plunder, I am sorrily low on funds from making sure my hero is built properly for combat. Pirates = extra salvage for my accounts. =)

And pirates dont run around in fully outfitted front-line heavy cruisers either!! Unless of course the Black Sun faction is declaring open war on me. In which case... hmm... unprecedented but... still irrelevant. Resistance is... futile.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1118 on: September 08, 2012, 12:33:12 AM »
Nah if any pirate incursions happen I'll be using the "Outer Rim Coalition" specs. I made em just for these kinda purposes.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1119 on: September 08, 2012, 10:52:02 AM »
-chuckles lightly- Ahh, ok. I always thought those were examples for private aux craft for hero's lmao!

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1120 on: September 08, 2012, 11:42:36 AM »
Finally some sexy time in the gcw! Way to go, Hale. I knew he was going to bang Elena.  :)
Syren

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1121 on: September 10, 2012, 10:59:09 AM »
I think implied sexy time is way sexier. =) Wouldn't want any trashy pulp romance going on in my SLs... lol.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1122 on: September 13, 2012, 01:14:59 PM »
IT'S A TRAP!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1123 on: September 13, 2012, 01:29:21 PM »
Ok, as of my last post the battle was over correct, meaning it was into SL territory before you showed up?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1124 on: September 13, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »
Yeah that's right. Mission accomplished. My presence doesn't "add" to the mission requirements - it's just a "side problem" you'll have to resolve. =)
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM