Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793537 times)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1080 on: August 24, 2012, 02:11:31 PM »
I almost felt as if I was reading your autobiography, lmao.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1081 on: August 25, 2012, 09:24:52 PM »
Ok so anyway, back to game issues... How the fuck do I attack a planet now? Say for example I didnt own bakura and wanted to attack it, how do I do it with this stupid ass mission system? Like I dont care about any missions, I just want to go do something that doesnt take a 3 week long SL, or any SL for that matter. Basically im bored and I want to blow something up, and I dont want to end someone elses fleet doing it. And without any of the other NR people here, I dont have to worry about keeping to a story and can just play the game for what it is, a turn based RTS.

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1082 on: August 26, 2012, 01:27:21 AM »
Invasion mission.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1083 on: August 26, 2012, 09:50:36 AM »
Dem is correct, Invasion Mission reads as follows:

INVASION
Mission Requirements: None
1. Take your Fleet to a non-Barren World.
2. Once you move your ship to the C-Ring, the System will be fully alerted to your presence and will send out a galaxy wide information report (x2 hyperspace). You are now free to move about the System and engage neutral units at your leisure. As the "Mission GM" you will now take direct control of the PDF forces and post for them as you would defend your own world.
3. Once combat has begun, refer to the following time-table below for mission results. Players are required to write storyline post in addition to fulfilling the other requirements of each Milestone in order to complete this mission fully.
Milestone #1: Destroy all units that make up the PDF (if any) and deploy your units to the Ground to build a new facility.
Milestone #2: Once a facility has been completed, the system can now be declared under control of your faction. News of this exploit will travel the galaxy at x1 hyperspace.

This is literally what you did when you attacked Bespin... the only thing that changed about the whole process is we've given it a name. You don't have anything to worry about. =)
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1084 on: August 26, 2012, 06:45:02 PM »
I know but it shouldnt be named. Its so bad ass it doesnt need a name, lmao!

But thank you for clearing that up.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1085 on: August 26, 2012, 10:20:27 PM »
Heya Dem, can I ask a favor of ya? On the 30th, can I get you to run the PDF for the planet im about to attack? Ill make the thread and everything when I exit and you can go ahead and take over from there if you would please. Im bored, and attacking myself doesnt seem that fun.

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1086 on: August 27, 2012, 01:24:53 AM »
Ok
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1087 on: August 27, 2012, 06:04:41 PM »
Okay bitches new Star Wars video game... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQyGu4EqZsU

Web documentary: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/1313/

I don't know how I feel about this one. Looks too Action/Adventure for me. I suppose LucasArts is hoping to bank off a game built around non-Force users and such since KOTOR is going strong. If that's the case though, why not bank making Battlefront III? or Republic Commando II? I could be mistaken though, because I really liked Star Wars: Bounty Hunter just for it's non-Jedi action/adventure (plus, playing as Jango Fett was badass). And let's not forget Shadows of the Empire...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:32:00 PM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1088 on: August 27, 2012, 08:08:25 PM »
Ew, below coruscant? That's where all the poor people live! If they want to break into new markets they should turn Vogue empire and alive into a game. All the action of Mara's saga combined with the fashion and high drama of Vogue empire. Girl nerds would clamor for that shit and No game story line has focused on imperial socialites or replica droids as complex as Mara. The fashion aspect and supreme scandal of Vogue empire would convert girls and most gays into star wars fanatics. Just saying.

The graphics are pretty tight though.

Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1089 on: August 27, 2012, 10:20:01 PM »
If you really want to capitalize on the SW game market, you need an SW based game in the era after RotJ, based from the KotOR game style, and give it an open expansive explorable universe with at least 60hrs worth of questing, and an intricate crafting system.

If you got the programming know-how I got the game set and ready, and I will only ask a meager 1% of gross sales. Im not greedy. -shrugs-

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1090 on: August 27, 2012, 10:56:14 PM »
Web documentary: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/1313/

Been tracking that game for a minute, as I understand it's content is meant to stroll much closer to a 'mature' fan base than any SW game work prior, hence the Coruscant Underworld setting, ripe and seedy.  I'm psyched for it personally!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1091 on: August 28, 2012, 07:55:23 AM »
Its gunna end up a Starwars based Halo game. And its gunna have the bugs of a Bethesda game. I wouldnt expect much from this one, it hasnt been getting very good reviews from the major game magazines, and anything by Lucas Arts lately has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1092 on: August 28, 2012, 11:40:45 AM »
Yeah the thing is, from all the buzz generating on gaming forums related to Star Wars... I've noticed there's been more of a demand for Expanded Universe content rather than protracted GCW-era settings. I think Kare Bear is right though, if we're going to open up Coruscant to a game setting, there are so many other possibilities. I'm just as excited about 1313 as the next fanboy, but I got a couple questions for LucasArts:

1. Why not bring back Shadows of the Empire? With the success of the Force Unleashed, the inter-Episodic GCW-era timeline is just as ripe as it was in the 90s when SOTE was first introduced. Imagine replaying those classic SOTE levels with current gen gaming tech. From the looks of what 1313 is about, I'd rather play as Dash Rendar doing the same fast paced run-shoot-cover gameplay involving the just-as-relevant Coruscant-based criminal underworld anyway.

2. Why now?
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1093 on: August 28, 2012, 11:55:13 AM »
Its because the galactic civil war and old republic era's have been done to death. People want to see what happens AFTER the fact now. We need a skyrim type game based around the Vong invasion. That would make a billion $ in sales inside of 30 days.

Edit: Even better, just port over the entire KotOR combat and crafting systems.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:56:45 AM by Ramano »

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1094 on: August 29, 2012, 06:49:17 AM »
Imperial Remnant

User Account: General Lucidius Hale

Account Balance: 142 KCs

Income: +1000 KCs (Rothana Diplomacy Bonus)

New Manufacturing Orders:
ROTHANA*
-0225 KCs [001] Delta-class Multipurpose Base ... Due: 30 AUG 2012
-0080 KCs [001] Imperial Operations Center ... Due: 31 AUG 2012 (construction begins when Deltas finish).
-0400 KCs [001] Imperial Fleet Depot ... Due: 1 SEP 2012
-0225 KCs [001] Zeta-class Starfighter Platform ... Due: 1 SEP 2012

Ending Balance: 212 KCs

Other Fleet Movements/Orders:
1. IPV-1 PDF Fleet deployed to Rothana is recalled to Fleet Reserve Force outside Bastion (ETA 3 SEP 2012).
2. *Newly acquired manufacturing bonuses applied to Rothana.

Not sure how the missions work exactly but dont you have to use that 1000KC for a Sector Palace as is stated here:
CONQUEST (GE/IR)
Mission Requirements: Imperial Officer or Imperial Sith (Sith Lord)
Cross-Class Penality: Imperial Leaders attempting Conquest must take a +2 Day stacked penalty (+2, +4, +6, +8) for each Milestone (i.e. Milestone #4 will require 28 Days).
1. Take your Fleet Flagship to a neutral, non-Stronghold world. Once you exit hyperspace in a Deep Space Zone, perform an Active Scan of the System. Please post locations for the System's units once your scan is completed (24 hours).
2. Once you move your ship to the C-Ring, the System will be fully alerted to your presence and give you a warning. If you move to the B-Ring, the System will consider your presence hostile and send out a galaxy-wide distress call (x1 hyperspace). You are now free to move about the System and engage neutral units at your leisure. As the "Mission GM" you will now take direct control of the PDF forces and post for them as you would defend your own world.
3. Once combat has begun, refer to the following time-table below for mission results. Players are required to write storyline post in addition to fulfilling the other requirements of each Milestone in order to complete this mission fully.
Milestone #1 [5 Days]: Disable all units making up Space PDF. For each platform, capital ship, starfighter squadron, or auxiliary craft destroyed, add 10 KCs to your Account.
Milestone #2 [10 Days]: Destroy all ground units making up the Ground PDF. For each Infantry Squad and GAV you destroy, add 1 KC to your Account.
Milestone #3 [15 Days]: The system can now be declared under control of the GE or IR; Immediately add a "spoils of war" victory prize of 1000 KCs to your Account. You can now start building facilities on the System at will.
Milestone #4 [20 Days]: Build an Imperial Sector Palace on the System. Once you complete this Milestone, your character gets a free ability upgrade (if fully upgraded, transfer 1000 KCs to your Account) due to the experience gained from battle.

Unless your saying you get 1000KC twice for doing a conquest mission, once for milestone 3 and again for milestone 4, which is just confusing. Either way I dont see a sector palace unless I missed it somewhere, and it says you HAVE to build one.

Edit: Also, while we are on the subject, do we see my point now with having all this structure to do anything? This is going to produce confusion and mistakes across the board. We need to just have a simple mission in place for diplomacy and all other actions are dictated by the SL accompanying it. Also, why are there so many rewards for attacking a planet? If anything there should be penalties for taking over a planet violently. This has us basically being rewarded for an occupation, which if we look through history, occupations ALWAYS fail, and they cost huge sums of money. I just makes no sense to me.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 07:02:38 AM by Ramano »