Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 792932 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1140 on: September 22, 2012, 08:54:54 AM »
Troy... classic movie. I love the kung-fu style zoom-in they do on Odysseus when he's visiting Achilles for the first time.

Speaking of Troy, I used that movie as inspiration to interpret your character as "the Achilles of the Rebel Alliance". You don't control him. You just unleash him.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1141 on: September 22, 2012, 09:15:14 AM »
"The one you face, he is the biggest man ive ever seen. I wouldnt want to fight him."
"And that is why no one will remember your name"

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1142 on: September 22, 2012, 10:51:50 AM »
Oh, it would take much more than the God's to strike me down.  ;)
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1143 on: September 24, 2012, 09:27:55 AM »
Ok, so I have a question about the missions. What happens if im not able to meet a milestone by the date it supposed to be achieved at? For example, for milestone 4 at Thyferra I have to build an RSOB, however, even if started today (which it wont) it still wouldnt be finished by the 27th. So what happens then?

Edit: And an addendum to this question. When I do finally complete milestone 4 it says I get a free upgrade to my commander. Do I HAVE to take that upgrade or can I just take the 1000KC as the only upgrades left for my hero are economy based, which I dont need.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 09:29:26 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1144 on: September 24, 2012, 10:18:31 AM »
Meeting a milestone requirement is an "A+B" scenario. You need both A) the minimum time requirement & B) whatever the Milestone requires you to do (such as building something). You have to take the character upgrade - as the only way to get the bonus cash is to already have your character fully upgraded.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1145 on: September 24, 2012, 10:52:40 AM »
Gotcha, thank you much.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1146 on: September 26, 2012, 10:53:30 AM »
Does anyone else think the Delta class multipurpose base costs way too much for what it offers? All in favor of dropping it to like 100KC cost so its actually usable?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1147 on: September 26, 2012, 11:03:27 AM »
Deltas can be built in 3 days, which means you can take over a planet quickly. They offer ComScan and income generation, and the ability to upgrade into an Ops Center/Underground which allows unit production and extra defense. If anything they should cost more. =)
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1148 on: September 26, 2012, 02:11:15 PM »
Yes, but for game mechanics that actually mean something, it carrys 100 troops, and has almost no staying power.

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1149 on: September 26, 2012, 03:39:50 PM »
They also give you the ability to have another 100 squads, 1 fighter squadron, and 10 vehicles as RGF, so they do have value.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1150 on: September 26, 2012, 03:42:02 PM »
No they dont, cause you can only have 4 of those pod facilities per planet, and im quite sure you already have more then 4 buildings. However if you dont, you should probably not tell me that haha.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1151 on: September 26, 2012, 09:21:56 PM »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1152 on: September 26, 2012, 10:29:43 PM »
Like many other advanced research projects, im sure by the later stages of this, under-funding and limited man-power will render it inoperable and left to rot by the wayside, like so many other "starwars" level projects.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1153 on: September 26, 2012, 11:32:18 PM »
Yeah to me it seems like these agencies get this huge check to explore the technology to some extent where they say "okay, we did some tests... and it looks like you won't be able to get what you want how you want it, so we can bang out some new experiments and reports by friday if you want but as of now we're out of cash and human resources" ... and then the congressman says, "alrighty then, well thanks for trying. at least we spent some good taxpayer dollars keeping you boys employed and making America look scientifically advanced, even if a patent for nothing came out of it".
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1154 on: September 27, 2012, 06:53:51 AM »
Half the time the money doesnt even go for what they are designing. You have any idea how many "research projects" dont really exist and they needed the money for some other covert thing.