Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793818 times)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1695 on: December 02, 2012, 02:26:38 PM »
Not to take anything away from your SL Hale, which was nice, and yes I read all of it. But I have to ask, whats so important about the 20,000 character max? I usually find to take up more then 1000 characters I have to start including inane nonsense that really is irrelevant to the story and doesnt do anything but provide greater detail into details that arnt important to start with. Does it really matter what shade of metallic grey the insides of my ship are? I guess I just dont understand the point behind taking 20,000 characters to say what could have been said in 300?

Again, thats not referencing your SL Hale, im just asking a question and used that as an example. Perhaps i've played too much table top RP in my day where such things do nothing but drag the game out longer, and thus are shied away from.

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1696 on: December 02, 2012, 02:41:12 PM »
Yes, very well done indeed. Loved it. And I've wondered why there are even character limits in posting. Some posts are short, others require a bit more detail or several scenes. I've only hit the limit once and had to break the post up into two. Ramano, sometimes a storyline requires more than just a few lines, especially if its reaching a turning point or climax. Everyone has a different posting style so who cares what kind of descriptive nature someone else has? Why not just sit back and enjoy his story? Jesus. You are impossible sometimes.
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1697 on: December 02, 2012, 03:06:05 PM »
Wow, really. I asked a question. Its probably a good thing we live 2000 miles apart cause woman or not, id have flat knocked you on your ass for that. I was simply asking why it was such a big deal. Is there some kind of achievement for it or something? I dont know thats why I asked. He made it seem like theres something important about it. Way to be a bitch like usual though.

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1698 on: December 02, 2012, 03:44:56 PM »
You type that with the faux surprise like you expect anything else. Bitch is an auto-response to you in general. What can I say? You bring it out in me.
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1699 on: December 02, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »
Well yes, but theres a difference between being a smartass and being a out right duchebag. Im sorry my dumbass question offended you so but perhaps you could get over yourself a little bit and read when a person says, "im not talking about your post". You know, for being such a powerful person with such an important job, you sure cant read for shit can you? Guess public and private school dont differ that much after all.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1700 on: December 02, 2012, 05:21:44 PM »
Well, each of my individual scenes in the finale were relatively short... so to answer you're question Ramano: NO, I don't think it's necessary to tell a story with 20,000 characters when it could have been told in 2,000. The way I saw it was each individual scene was a mini-SL, and as a combination told the larger story. In terms of length, I don't set out to write a whole lot, I just get a creative burst of energy and let the story write itself. That's how us creative maniacs role. I'm a guitarist in a band as well, so I'm well aware of the same logic of: does this song need to be 3 minutes or 6 minutes? Answer: the song needs to be exactly how long the song needs to be.

It's all gravy baby.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1701 on: December 02, 2012, 05:43:52 PM »
Well I was more refering to if something specific happened if you reached a 20k character post?

Online SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1702 on: December 02, 2012, 05:56:54 PM »
20,000 characters is the limit in the size of a post (including spaces) for how the forum software is designed.

There is no logic in your post rambo. Thats like saying you dont understand why people bother writing 100,000 words for their novels because your write 300 word stories on a forum. Nonsense. Each story has its requirements.

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1703 on: December 02, 2012, 06:04:45 PM »
BOOM! Exactly. I love the lengthy ones, especially as it builds. Gets me all hot and bothered.
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1704 on: December 02, 2012, 07:09:15 PM »
Lmao, that was more then any of us needed to know Syren.

And Hop, there was perfect logic in it, you just read past it. I was merely commenting on my difficulty reaching even 1000 word SLs without throwing mundane irrelevance into it.

Online SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1705 on: December 02, 2012, 07:44:54 PM »
.. which was suggesting that anything longer is full of fluff and mundane irrelevance, which came off pretty rude. :)

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1706 on: December 02, 2012, 08:41:19 PM »
 :-*
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1707 on: December 02, 2012, 09:05:21 PM »
That may have been what you interpreted out of it, but I said nor suggested no such thing. A) I was looking for other view points on the situation, and B) was checking to make sure there wasnt something about the boards I didnt know about.

If you took anything other then that from what I said, I apologize but that is your own mistaken misinterpretation. I believe ive made it abundantly clear if I think an SL is boring or pointless I will say something directly pertaining to it. I thought I had went through desperation measures to get the point across that, that was not the case with my comment.

And I was looking for other viewpoints on the lengthy posts like that because I know what my viewpoint is but if you never find out what anyone else's is, then your gunna have a pretty lopsided view of things dont you think?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 09:07:20 PM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1708 on: December 02, 2012, 09:36:27 PM »
Something does happen... you get a little system response that says "Achievement Unlocked: 20k+ Characters Posted, please cut your post into two parts."
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1709 on: December 02, 2012, 09:44:37 PM »
lol, smartass haha