Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793823 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1725 on: December 08, 2012, 11:13:37 PM »
I never watched the Clone Wars TV series primarily because I felt the animation was a little cartoonish, but after seeing this trailer for Season 5, I must say I'm tempted. The series began in September, so there's still plenty of time to get caught up. Apparently this will be the final season... and so everything is supposed to tie directly into Revenge of the Sith by the time the finale hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFQRoVlePvg

I think the animation has actually improved since the first few seasons, but the action and story looks legit. After watching all the Old Republic short films and 1313 trailers, why not this one, right? =)
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1726 on: December 09, 2012, 10:02:46 AM »
Originally it had that Jetson's The Movie look with too much contrast or definition between dimensions but it's a little smoother now and the overall content and story of Clone Wars as a package isn't bad.  The tie in sounds nice.  Wonder if there will eventually be any "preview" type animated series to build up Ep 7?
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1727 on: December 09, 2012, 07:14:13 PM »
I've actually heard that with Disney taking over, they're going to make another season of Clone Wars after this current one ends (so much for wrapping things up; money never sleeps).

I know after the prequels, Lucas was all about bringing Star Wars to TV, so it's possible Disney may launch a new SW show with the same CGI animation and storytelling as Clone Wars. If so it's possible they may do an After Endor show for Episode VII.

I'm sure there is somebody in charge who is using the Emperor's pre-determinism to plan the future of Star Wars, but the general public just doesn't know anything at this point.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1728 on: December 09, 2012, 08:09:16 PM »
This may come as a surprise, but I enjoy the Clone Wars cartoons. I have 3 seasons on DVD and hope to get the 4th for Christmas. I'm not ashamed.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1729 on: December 09, 2012, 08:34:44 PM »
-points at Dem and laughs- Haha! You watch a childrens cartoon!

Nah, just playing. I dont personally get down on the animated stuff, but to each his own. Not that I think its childish or anything, but I just prefer live action. Better visual representations, if its a good movie anyway. I think it stems from the whole comic book thing. Animated stuff seems too comic book like to me, and I just never liked comic books. Even as a kid I never watched cartoons. It was either adult movies like Memphis Bell, StarWars, Jurassic Park, things like that, or I just didnt want to watch TV. Too many video games to occupy my time I guess, lol.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1730 on: December 09, 2012, 09:09:24 PM »
"It doesn't matter who we are... what matters is our plan."
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1731 on: December 15, 2012, 06:39:40 PM »
Attention ladies and gentlemen of the Forum: we have a reached an OOC settlement.

In order to transition back to active gameplay, the sim-wide pause will END at approximately 0000 Hours, Monday morning.

Normal Action Day options can be exercised as usual, since they are non-combat related and not under the effects of the pause.

A proposed sim-wide pause has been put on the table to begin on December 21st through January 2nd. Construction and mission progress will be paused as well. Is anyone opposed to this?
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1732 on: December 15, 2012, 06:49:03 PM »
Is the pause being requested due to the holidays? That makes sense since some will be traveling and others may just be busy with all that comes with it. Resuming things full speed after the new year sounds like the perfect jumping off point to integrate new players and get everything back on track.
Syren

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1733 on: December 15, 2012, 09:07:43 PM »
The current pause in-effect was for OOC disputes.

The proposed pause from Dec 21 to Jan 2 is specifically for the Holidays.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1734 on: December 15, 2012, 10:47:54 PM »
Sorry, I hate to bring this up - but I noticed an OOC post by Ramano here earlier tonight that isn't there anymore.

Now I've seen some of what Ramano has said in the past, but the post that is no longer there had no cursing, no insulting.  It was practically polite.  So why isn't it there anymore?
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1735 on: December 15, 2012, 10:52:02 PM »
Sorry, I hate to bring this up - but I noticed an OOC post by Ramano here earlier tonight that isn't there anymore.

Now I've seen some of what Ramano has said in the past, but the post that is no longer there had no cursing, no insulting.  It was practically polite.  So why isn't it there anymore?

You know what?  nevermind.  Tonight, it really seems petty to be arguing over who said what about whom on this forum. I'm going to spend time with my wife.  A 27 year old first grade teacher. Just like at least one of the six adult victims of the Connecticut shooting.

This isn't my fight, but I would hope the death of six educators and twenty first-grade children gives all of us some perspective on what's worth fighting over.
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1736 on: December 16, 2012, 10:24:34 AM »
Start building more mental health institutions.  We diagnose criminality as conscious optioned decision when all too frequently it is something much more beneath the surface.   I make no excuses for the appalling violence and senseless rape of innocence, but letting emotion cloud vision leads to poor judgements and no closer to true understanding.  The lack of empathy in the individuals who've perpetrated these various compounding tragedies over the last couple years, and even since Columbine or even U of T decades earlier, I don't believe is something they choose for themselves.  Ultimately so many of our motivations that we believe come from articulated choice come from deeper within and we don't have the complete control over our minds we like to think we do.

I was off work Friday when all this was unfolding, brought tears to me eyes literally.  Sad Sad Sad.  One couldn't even begin to formulate words to describe the despair and horror.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:26:07 AM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1737 on: December 16, 2012, 01:26:41 PM »
I have a close friend who was shot at (wasn't killed) in the Virginia Tech incident as well, so I'm all too personally aware of the lateral effects of violence. Sometimes there just isn't an answer or an explanation, and there's no need to try and make sense out of senselessness. Scientifically and psychologically, we may understand how it happened, but emotionally there is no comprehension as to why.

I remember an OGF deleting some of my thoughts on 9/11 on the old SWSF, but I'm just glad we can use this forum to express these thoughts, so thank you for sharing yours.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1738 on: December 16, 2012, 04:30:36 PM »
Hale is just mad at me for continuing to point out how many contradictory statements he keeps making in rules that were and how they are to be interpreted now. So any post I make is being deleted by him, including this one in a short time im sure as well. But then again, people normally dont like it when you point out the fact they are being a complete Mitt Romney, not remember what they said and when, then denying its existence when shown, but hey, such is how politics works. Here or at the white house, its all the same.

But either way im about to prove a point on Monday, and then Hale can listen to the "I told you so" until the end of time. Or he goes insane and has me banned, which ever comes first. All things considered, kinda looks like thats what he's shooting for anyway. I guess whatever, wouldnt be the first time. Like I said, I wont be a silent submissive slave, if you dont want my opinion, then you dont want me here.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1739 on: December 16, 2012, 04:46:49 PM »
And no, im trying not to acknowledge what happened in CT, cause if I do, I think the entire human race would be in danger. That one is just simply too much...