Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794683 times)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #465 on: June 24, 2012, 06:31:47 PM »
If you can afford it, yes sir. As Hale said, if you can build it, it will come. Keep in mind though, being NR, you are relegated to only rebel tech. Ok yes, thats kind of a hamstring, but the fighters are nice and shit, you get me as a team mate, which, as we all know, if you can tolerate my mouth, this will be fun. ;)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #466 on: June 24, 2012, 07:46:24 PM »
Yes. One shipyard you are good to go.

Keep in mind... if you only have 1 Shipyard and somebody nukes it... you're going to be slowed down for a while since they all take 7 Days to build. Even if you plan on rebuilding your PDF with stock capital ships, that'll be 7 Days for the Shipyard + 7 Days for the stock units.... leaving you wide open for 14 Days....
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #467 on: June 24, 2012, 09:21:20 PM »
No I know, I was just curious about functionality - - So all Independent tach is off limits to me? Excluding Space PDF I'm guessing? like Omegas and Sigmas?

BTW - New calculators are almost done :D
I will be putting them up on my server this week. I need to so a alot of data entry.. anyone that wants to help wiht that let me know :) its copying numbers from specs to a text file. not that hard... ;)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #468 on: June 24, 2012, 09:24:29 PM »
Yes, everything independent is off limits with exception to the PDF facilities which anyone may use.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #469 on: June 24, 2012, 10:40:00 PM »
Ooohhhh colors....

Galactic Empire: Imperial Tech only
Imperial Remnant: Imperial + Indy Tech
New Republic: New Republic Tech only
Rebel Alliance: Republic + "Rebel" (Indy) Tech
Trade Federation: Trade Federation Tech + Indy Facilities
Hutt Syndicate: Independent Tech only
Hapes Consortium: Hapan Ships + Indy Facilities
Corporate Sector Authority: VSDs, Marauders, and CORVs + Indy Ground/AUX/Facilities
Independents: Independent Tech only
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:42:56 PM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #470 on: June 25, 2012, 11:01:06 AM »
You know what is missing are the Ssi-Ruuvi :P

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #471 on: June 25, 2012, 11:03:29 AM »
Not in our timeline yet. We got about another year before the first crashed ship is discovered, another 2 before they actually make an attack. And we dont personally like the SSI because they're ships and weaponry is too godmode to be used in a game. Theres nothing we have that could survive an ion onslaught from even a small SSI ship. Perhaps around January if we are still going strong the Vong might make an appearance as a GM controlled race we can all team up against, but no SSI.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 11:05:08 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #472 on: June 25, 2012, 11:05:32 AM »
Yep that's always been the problem with them.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #473 on: June 25, 2012, 11:08:23 AM »
Its the heavy SSI ions they use. Its just too game imbalancing to allow usage of them. In games like this everyone basically ignores system power on ships because lets face it, a wing of Y-Wings or an ISD are the only things with enough ion power to actually be feared. I just dont see a way to balance their stuff to work in game without hamstringing them to a point they are unusable. And lets face it, you take away the ion power and its just not SSI anymore, now its Vong with crap tech, lol.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #474 on: June 25, 2012, 11:11:30 AM »
I think with the ion damage going shields>armor>systems their tech could be more reasonable. Isn't that how its set up now?

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #475 on: June 25, 2012, 11:17:37 AM »
As I understand it, ions here bypass shields and only effect systems.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #476 on: June 25, 2012, 11:20:28 AM »
Yes thats true was thinking of VS starfighters (considered mandatory damage i believe)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #477 on: June 25, 2012, 11:36:46 AM »
Yes that is correct. SFs take everything as manditory damage.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #478 on: June 25, 2012, 11:42:17 AM »
A quick question hale, Stunned vessels receive no return fire correct? Not disabled, I mean I hit them one time with enough ions to take out their systems, thus making them stunned.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #479 on: June 25, 2012, 11:44:44 AM »
You guys are all wrong! lol j/k

Please reference this religiously: http://www.swsimforum.com/index.php?topic=615.0

Ion Cannons, Planetary Weapons, and Damage
1. Ion Cannons hit Shields first, then Systems, then Hull. Ion Stunning has been removed in favor of a more traditional approach. The new values for a Capital Ship's Systems = Length/2. Starfighters and Auxiliaries will not have Systems values, thus all Ion damage will be treated as mandatory damage against the Armor.

2. Considering planetary scale weapons eject large volumes of energy, they are capable of plowing straight through a ship's shields and hitting a target where it hurts: Planetary Ion Cannons impact a ship's Systems first and then Hull. Planetary Turbolasers hit Armor first and then Hull. A player firing a Planetary Weapon can scale back the energy of the attack by any percentage if the desired effect is to DISABLE rather than DESTROY.

3. If a Capital Ship's Systems or Armor reach 0, that ship is DISABLED. A disabled ship's shields are immediately reduced to 0. If a ship's Hull reaches 0, it is DESTROYED.

4. On the turn a player's ship becomes DISABLED, they may: Move, Fire Weapons, Launch Craft, and/or Abandon Ship as final actions for that ship. Hyperspace movement is not allowed. Abandon Ship involves sending the crew via escape pods to the planet below (they will arrive on the ground in the next round). Crew = Length/10 = # of Fleet Trooper Squads. If a crew Abandons Ship or fails to Repel Boarders before it's DESTROYED (with the Hull is still intact), that ship becomes DERELICT (UCR=0), and can be tractored away.

5. If a Starfighter Squadron is DESTROYED, that Squadron may Move and Fire Weapons normally as a final action.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM