Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794716 times)

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #495 on: June 25, 2012, 09:55:52 PM »
I avoided NJO for a long time for the same reason, Hop. I finally gave in, and the second time around it interested me more. I'm on the last book now, finally. Already bought the Dark Nest trilogy to read next. If I trusted George Lucas to not mess it up, I would love to see the X-wing series animated and produced like the Clone Wars stuff.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #496 on: June 26, 2012, 09:03:15 AM »
My sister is getting married on Friday, so my activity is going to wain a little until Sunday.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #497 on: June 26, 2012, 09:55:58 AM »
I think I'll give in and start the series then once I finish rereading the X-wing and thrawn books. There are a shit ton of those NJO books at least.

In other news I suck at making a post format (thanks for letting me steal everyone :D). I can't seem to find something that looks nice, is easy to read online, and easy to work with offline when preparing the post. stupid styling tags are annoying.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #498 on: June 26, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
FYI I am working on a WYSIWYG editor so you dont see tags just the styling in the post-writing box... along with my calculator however I am waiting until specs are finalized to release the calculator.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #499 on: June 26, 2012, 02:30:49 PM »
Fuck it, I'm in.

It looks like a one player one sim deal, someone care to catch me up a little with what's going on in terms of style/direction and what options are open for roles?
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #500 on: June 26, 2012, 02:59:14 PM »
Trade Fed or Indie, or I guess we are letting some people double up as Imp Remnant has both Gall and Hale in it so... I guess its open field. What you want to play that existed in 4ABY. (No SSI)

GallPizi

« Reply #501 on: June 26, 2012, 03:38:49 PM »
Just saying, STILL HERE! Dad is having a major surgery right now so I am still not "here" but yeahl

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #502 on: June 26, 2012, 03:45:25 PM »
best wishes to your padre and family Gall.

I was hoping Jay would pop in here! Woot!

Its one player. There's a basic RPG part to it (you have a player character, see end of spec files) that can become more badass by doing shit (which Hale is finishing up but mostly missions via SL like diplomacy or other stuff I imagine). Combat is simple and I have a calculator to help. You build facilities to increase your income from the base paycheck you get each month. You spread to other planets, consolidate, harass enemies, eventually try to conquer Coruscant or I believe there is one other aspect.

So yeah. Lots SL room if you want it, fun battles with smaller fleets (and smaller ships), simple but effective combat (not all out simulation but theres quite a bit to be tactical and creative with, especially in choosing targets and how you attack), tools that reduce some of the mathematic aspects for you, a basic economy built around facilities, more nuanced planet lists, etc... fun times I think.

The tough part will be starting and getting all your ducks in a row, after that it shouldnt take crazy amount of time to be plenty active.

GallPizi

« Reply #503 on: June 26, 2012, 04:03:44 PM »
Thanks. He is getting his stomach taken out to get rid of the "c" word but yeah. Also, I would like to say if it wasn't for me bothering half of the people involved, this probably wouldn't have gotten off the ground as soon. So, gome!

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #504 on: June 26, 2012, 04:09:13 PM »
I wish you and yours the best with that gall, and if its not too awful can I ask a question... how does he survive after the surgery if they take his stomach out? Im sorry but this intrigues me as to how they are pulling this off... ? And please dont misunderstand I am not under any circumstances calling you a liar or insinuating anything of the sort, I just dont understand how this works out?

And yes, if you would rather not talk about it, I will totally understand, ive been there.

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #505 on: June 26, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »
Fuck it, I'm in.

It looks like a one player one sim deal, someone care to catch me up a little with what's going on in terms of style/direction and what options are open for roles?

Could also double-up with me for the Hapans. I'm treating the Queen Mother as an NPC and just controlling the fleet of Gallinore, in a sense. You could be the leader from another world in the Cluster and we could either be rivals or working toward the same thing. Either double-up the defenses/facilities of Hapes, or create to different planets, not sure how that would work.

Just thinking outside the box. A Galactic Hapan Empire!
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

GallPizi

« Reply #506 on: June 26, 2012, 05:16:01 PM »
I am excited to go through the rules over the next few days and really sink my teeth in.  That being said.
They take the stomach out and pull up a piece of the small intestine and attach it to the esophagus.   You can't eat big meals or too fast but you live and eat what you want(Again, slowly,lol) No disrespect taken. I am a Nursing Student and an EMT so aside from the personal factor involved here I actually am curious in how it all works and would be watching it if they would let me.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #507 on: June 26, 2012, 06:30:22 PM »
Fuck it, I'm in.

Thank you to everybody who helped answer this question, but I'm the fucking Editor-in-Chief around here, and *I* answer the questions!  ;) lol, j/k

Actually Jay, you let me know what you wanna do, but this is the current setup:

Episode II: Twilight of the Empire | Factions, Worlds, and Players
Galactic Empire: Coruscant [Dementat]
Imperial Remnant: Bastion [GallPizi, Hale]
New Republic: Mon Calamari [Hoppus]
Rebel Alliance: Endor [Ramano]
Trade Federation: Mustafar [---]
Hutt Syndicate: Nal Hutta & Nar Shaddaa [---]
Hapes Consortium: Hapes [Erasmar]
Corporate Sector Authority: Bonadan [---]
Independents: Tatooine [---]
Outer Rim Coalition: Vergesso Asteroids [---]

The game model is "one-player, one-world, one-sim" although Gall and I are doubling up for the Imperial Remnant, however I might have my own Stronghold elsewhere just to make Bastion a tad more conquerable, lol. The factions are a conservative interpretation of the canon post-AE timeline, with the Trade Federation thrown in the mix for 3rd party balancing. Outer Rim Coalition is going to be an NPC sim that I'll use as the GM for various events, but for the most part, what you see is not necessarily what you get.

If you have an idea for a cool character or Stronghold, let me know and we can make it work. I've scoured the databases to include just about every kind of capital ship a player could want, and every faction (more or less) has their own version of the DREAD, so there's a lot of flexibility in terms of what you want to do. If you want to piggy-back off somebody else like Ramano or Hoppus per se, and let them manage the Stronghold while you simply collect your paycheck and do what you want, that's also an option. Independents are limited on tech but have the most flexibility in terms of Stronghold location (Tatooine is listed, but it's an "intergalactic amnesty" kind of state that anyone can visit and do shit on).

I remember in AE you had the Sovereign State of Eriadu... so if you wanna do something similar that's cool.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 06:34:01 PM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

GallPizi

« Reply #508 on: June 26, 2012, 06:34:16 PM »
So, how will Hale and I being on one side work? (Reminder, I have not read the new updates to rules so this may be a dumb question)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #509 on: June 26, 2012, 06:40:58 PM »
Every planet can only have (8) facilities that you can build on it. I imagine we can share usage of said facilities, but not the income they produce. Or simply divide Bastion in half and say G-1 and G-2 is yours, and G-3 and G-4 is mine. PDF could be controlled by either of us. Both our fleets would share space.

Kinda like being room-mates now that I think about it =) But the more I start pondering how to get around this problem, the more I'm inclined to simply shack up elsewhere. In Episode I, my character was at Chandrila, so perhaps I could return there for continuity's sake and to remedy our issue...

We'd still be "one the same side" but the way this game works that doesn't even matter. We could both be independently attacking other targets at the same time and not give two spits for each other. lol
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 06:43:04 PM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM