Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794254 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #285 on: May 11, 2012, 04:32:46 PM »
Okay I need to take a roll call:

Who is going to play as which faction? Read the rules to figure out what the differences are, but your choices are:

Galactic Empire, Imperial Remnant, New Republic, Rebel Alliance, Independent, Hapes Star Consortium, or Trade Federation (reborn).

If anybody wants to go Independent with a unique character story, I might consider drafting up some unique specs for a unit or two as part of your faction. Independent Hero Units are just like the Imperial and Republic counterparts for now (Army/Navy/Leader/Force-user), with faction-specific ranks naturally.

I still need to draft up the rules to make the galaxy "automated", so hopefully I'll get those finished this weekend.

Thanks,
Hale
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #286 on: May 11, 2012, 07:02:20 PM »
Count me in: Rebel Alliance

Ill have to work up a fleet later, quick question maybe you can answer before I start working everything, How many QFBC can I have in a single fleet. It says no more then 7 of any 1 ship, 23CP, uhhh... you really gunna let me run 5 with an extra 3CP to use up?

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #287 on: May 11, 2012, 09:26:09 PM »
Ok, heres my ideas for a fleet, the first one is the one I want, as I cant see anything stated in the rules about it being illegal, but I should say, you have no hope if you let me take this. And im sure ive misread something that hale is about to correct me on. ;)

Hammerhead-class Frigate (HHF) x5
Cost: 400 KCs
Production Time: 4 Days
Length: 315 meters
Hyperdrive: x2
Shields: 315
Armor: 315
Hull: 180
Systems: 96
Speed: Fast (2)
Maneuver: (2)
Weapons:
12 Heavy Turbolasers (120)
12 Laser Batteries (36)
2 Concussion Missile Launchers (4)
1 Tractor Beam Projector (100m)
Onboard Craft:
1 A-Wing Squadron
2 B-Wing Squadrons
2 A-Tran
40 Infantry Squads
Notes: Capable of entering the atmosphere and performing planetary landings.
3 B-Wing Squadrons
1 Republic Naval Officer

And after Hale explains to me where I missed why the previous loadout is illegal this:
Venator-class Star Destroyer (VNSD)
Cost: 1457 KCs
Production Time: 14 Days
Length: 1140 meters
Hyperdrive: x1
Shields: 1140
Armor: 1140
Hull: 640
Systems: 340
Speed: Slow (1)
Weapons:
10 Dual Heavy Turbolaser Cannons (200)
50 Laser Cannons (50)
4 Proton Torpedo Launchers (12)
Onboard Units:
(8 Starfighter Squads)
2 A-Wing Squadrons
6 B-Wing Squadrons
30 A-Tran
(500 Infantry Squads)
300 Republic Assault Trooper Squads
200 Republic Vanguard Squads
Notes: Capable of entering the atmosphere and making planetary landings.

Hammerhead-class Frigate (HHF) x2
Cost: 400 KCs
Production Time: 4 Days
Length: 315 meters
Hyperdrive: x2
Shields: 315
Armor: 315
Hull: 180
Systems: 96
Speed: Fast (2)
Weapons:
12 Heavy Turbolasers (120)
12 Laser Batteries (36)
2 Concussion Missile Launchers (4)
1 Tractor Beam Projector (100m)
Onboard Craft:
(3 Starfighter Squadrons)
1 A-Wing Squadron
2 B-Wing Squadrons
2 A-Tran
(40 Infantry Squads)
40 Republic Assault Trooper Squads
Notes: Capable of entering the atmosphere and performing planetary landings.

1 B-Wing Squadron

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #288 on: May 11, 2012, 09:46:29 PM »
And for my 2000KC of buildings I would like:
1 Rebel R&D Center -1000kc (1000left)
1 Rebel Comscan Outpost -300kc (700left)
3 Rebel Cell Base -600kc (100left)
1 Rebel Shipyard -100kc (0left)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #289 on: May 12, 2012, 09:40:03 AM »
If you recall one of the FAQs from last time, I stated that out-of-factory on-board units could be no higher than Level 3. Since (under the Rebel Shipyard) A-Wings are a production Level 4 and B-Wings are production Level 5, rolling out the VNSD with 8 B-Wing Squads was a big no no. You can read the FAQs yourself.

For purposes of GCW Episode II, that rule is going to be amended to "Production Level 1" units, given the following specs for the revised shipyard:

REPUBLIC SHIPYARD
Production Cost: 100 KCs
Production Time: 7 Days
Size: 1000 meters
Shields: None
Armor: 2000
Hull: 1000
Upgrade Cost: 100 KCs
Industrial Output: 0 KCs (Military Facility)
PDF Bonus: +1 CP
Production Capabilities:
Level 1 -- AUX, Z-95, Adv Z-95, X-Wing, Y-Wing, Rec Y-Wing, CORV, CGUN, QFBC, NSBC
Level 2 -- MC60, NEB, DREAD, A-Wing, E-Wing
Level 3 -- MC80, B-Wing

So either way, you still have your choice of X-Wings and Y-Wings out of the box if you want a heavy starfighter. Other than that, both your fleets looked good CP wise. I know you really wanted to ravage people with all those B-Wings, so if you're looking to do heavy damage go with the Y-Wings... with Proton Bombs and UCR4, they can do some serious damage to capital ships.

The new Rules set will incorporate all the previous FAQs so you won't have to check everywhere for everything twice over just to find out if something is legal or not.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:49:28 AM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #290 on: May 12, 2012, 10:15:04 AM »
Ahh, yes now that I think about that I do remember that rule. See, this is why I said, you would look it over and tell me why it was godmode, lol! Now, im not arguing the lv1 starting units, but if im already max level on everything, am I still limited to that or in said situation would I be able to start out with A and B-Wings? One of my starting buildings is the R&D Center so im comming out the gate at max level.

GallPizi

« Reply #291 on: May 12, 2012, 01:06:18 PM »
I am going to take Remnant.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #292 on: May 13, 2012, 12:28:06 PM »
R&D Center would get your Shipyard to Level 3, yes, but not the "out of the factory" onboard units produced by the shipyard... those must still be Production Level 1. Here's what you can do to make room for those precious B-Wings: as soon as a VNSD rolls out the shipyard with 8 X-Wings or whatever, simply put those squadrons into your Reserve Forces.

8 B-Wing Squads only cost 680 KCs...
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #293 on: May 13, 2012, 01:19:13 PM »
Fine, no more flaming. Shame though since you tend to be so good at it. And as for free time, it's called a smart phone. I can check the forum from anywhere. I made the satan comment from a board meeting. Disappearing back into my boring storyline now! Ass.  8)
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #294 on: May 13, 2012, 03:53:32 PM »
Ahahaha, I guess I should check things before I start throwing a show together. So am I even able to start the game with an R&D center? I never checked to see if we start with a command center or not. I assumed we did but assumption is the mother of all fuck up so I better check first.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #295 on: May 13, 2012, 09:24:32 PM »
This is Epsiode II, so it's assumed that your Stronghold world is in fact a "stronghold". I'm not sure what the initial starting condishes are going to be yet, but you're probably gonna get a command center + 1000 KCs or just 2000 KCs to plop "instant facilities" on your planet.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #296 on: May 14, 2012, 09:26:25 AM »
Well its kind of important to know cause theres a huge difference between 2000KC and a LV5 Command Center vs 2000KC to build everything. As I look at the command center specs again, I notice you have to have a certain level CC to even have certain buildings. So by your examples both ways tie back to the first as without a CC you cant build anything else. Likewise, your going to have to use your starting KCs to level up the CC to even be able to utilize the full amount of money you have.

Now, are we allowed to level buildings up with out initial KCs or does that have to wait until after start? As I said, we all had pre-set starting bases so I assumed Endor would auto have a level 5 CC, which if that is the case and I still get a full 2000KC to start with, yes then my initial building setup would be fine. If that is not correct, im gunna have to redo it as I cant have an R&D center until the CC is lv5.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #297 on: May 14, 2012, 02:13:52 PM »
I'm wondering if facility upgrades are even meaningful at this point? The only thing about having to upgrade your facilities is that it slows the game down somewhat. But I say let's scratch that idea and just have standalone facilities just to make things simple.

What do ya'll think?

"Out of the box" capital ships will still come with Level 1 onboard units, just to prevent spamming.

LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #298 on: May 14, 2012, 02:58:35 PM »
Im down with that idea, but with that being said, then whats the point of the R&D center?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #299 on: May 14, 2012, 04:38:07 PM »
R&D Center would be deleted, naturally. I might replace it with a different facility.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM