Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794294 times)

GallPizi

Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #315 on: May 26, 2012, 11:24:10 AM »
No worries Ramano. Holiday Weekend,  moving into a new apartment, finishing classes, and father with cancer equals a silent but here Gall!

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #316 on: May 26, 2012, 11:37:37 AM »
Well dam, im just saying, do you have any idea what I just went through to clear out my summer for this. I got 3 kids for fuck sake. How many carpools had to be set up, summer school schedules planned, babysitters set up. I mean, you asked me to play, I made a commitment to play, but if im the only one thats gunna be into this, no way dude. I got a life now and way more important things I could be doing. As I said before, simming isnt like sitting down and playing some video game. If you half-ass it you end up half-assed, and walked all over by everyone who actually is putting 10 minutes into their faction.

Listen, I got a group of friends here in town we play D&D with, and if I wanted to sit around arguing about when we are gunna play, I can do that there, where I can throw an over-sized d30 at anyone not paying attention. If we want to play, then come on and lets do this. If not, and people are gunna show up maybe once an income period to collect and make a build post, then say so now so I can get back to my real life that could probably use more of my attention. Im not here for a game thats only going to be given as much attention as a facebook clicky. I got facebook clickies for that.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #317 on: May 26, 2012, 11:41:10 AM »
And im sorry to hear that Gall. I hope he has a quick recovery, or painless end. Preferably the first. Fortunately, simming is a good way to escape when you need to take your mind off it. Trust me from a person who went through this very thing 12yrs ago. But yeah I wish you the best with that either way.

And way to make me feel like a dick for complaining about inactivity! (lol, thought that might brighten your day a bit. ;)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:44:24 AM by Ramano »

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #318 on: June 01, 2012, 09:29:35 AM »
So... are we ready to go or do we wanna finish the mock first to make sure everything still works the way we want?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #319 on: June 01, 2012, 10:16:59 AM »
The responsible adult in me says: "finish the mock so we can make sure the game still works". So let's do that.

In the meantime, I'll start populating the TOTE thread with planets and schtuff like that.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #320 on: June 01, 2012, 10:32:02 AM »
-Does the happy dance-

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #321 on: June 01, 2012, 09:00:38 PM »
Question... for continuity's sake from Ashes of the Alliance, would ya'll prefer: 1) to have your original planet as your Stronghold, 2) pick a new Stronghold for yourself from the planet list, or 3) Stick with the current setup.

Let me know what the consensus is. The game is still flexible.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #322 on: June 01, 2012, 09:26:55 PM »
Uhh... as im already working on my start out SL, I think we should stick with the current setup.

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #323 on: June 01, 2012, 11:54:20 PM »
Stick with current.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #324 on: June 02, 2012, 12:12:57 PM »
I added some yummy new units to the mix:

Starfighters:
1. Elite X-Wing Squadron... for you Rogue Squadron fans.
2. Elite TIE Interceptor Squadron... for the 181st.
3. TIE Fighter Mark-II ("TIE/F2")... and this was added for balancing purposes. It's a stronger and more powerful, but less maneuverable version of the TIE Fighter that can replace the TIE Fighter for onboard compliments (ESCs, VECs, NEBs, etc). It costs twice as much as a regular TIE Fighter (40 KCs), so you can't go completely hog wild on them.

New capital ship:
1. MC90

That should be it for specs and shit for now. Gonna be busy this weekend so I'll be adding content to the TOTE thread come monday while participating in the mock as much as I can.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #325 on: June 02, 2012, 04:39:41 PM »
Umm... With the amount of fighters that imp ships carry, the T/F MkII will not be a stock unit im hoping?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #326 on: June 03, 2012, 08:18:23 AM »
TIE/F2 is NOT a stock unit. You have to pay to play with those.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #327 on: June 03, 2012, 09:28:47 AM »
ISD I
CP Cost: 19
Damage Output: 1140 + 1000m tractor power
Fighters: 7 squadrons
Aux: 48
Troops: 1000 squads, 60 GAVs, and a Base

MC-90
CP Cost: 23
Damage Output: 1050 + 1000m tractor power
Fighters: 8 squadrons
Aux: 34
Troops: 1000 squads, 50 GAVs

Can someone please explain the logic behind why the MC-90 being a smaller less capable ship costs more command points then an ISD I? At worse case scenario for the MC-90 shouldnt it be equal, or more so, less then an ISD? I just dont understand 1 fighter squadron and a few shield points making up all that difference.

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2012, 12:15:28 PM »
Adding that rebel fighter squadron is the equivalent of adding a frigate. That would be my reasoning. The ISD has a "fixed" compliment of TIE Fighters, which basically suck. Unless... Hale, is that a mistake? Do the ISD's carry only TIE Fighters, or are we free to mix the variants of TIE?

On another note, I share some of the questions raised by Ramano in the simulation. My opinions are as follows:
1) The hull integrity thing is kind of unnecessary. Clear the field sooner, or lower the hull points significantly.

2) ION damage for Fighters and Auxiliary should be treated as mandatory, same as lasers. Clear the battlefield sooner, save time. I like that they don't have "hull" points the way capital ships due also.

3) Fighters should get a return fire at least with dogfights. Call it "winners damage" if you will, but they wouldn't just sit still and be vaporized without dishing something back to their attackers. I think this good for dogfights only. Just consider the difference in scale of weapon between a capital ship and a fighter.

4) I agree on proton bombs not being allowed in dogfights. If someone wants to develop a mine tech down the road, that is fine (and up for voting). Bombers shouldn't inflict more casualties to snubfighters than other superiority fighters.

5) I'm torn on the post limit thing. If we want to keep people involved, we need to allow a little slack. Notes or private messages should be used to inform the party if you will not be able to make the deadline for a post, and civility would allow agreements on short recesses. However, if a conflict between parties in agreement, they should be able to post as swiftly as they are capable.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:30:13 PM by Dementat »
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2012, 12:33:32 PM »
And lastly... Ramano, if you have all this time for posting, how about beautifying your posts a little. It is like reading a freaken legal document!   ;-)
(\/)ighty RE