Author Topic: Andor  (Read 28105 times)

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
Andor
« on: August 03, 2022, 04:43:37 PM »
Ok, so. New trailer. Gotta say, for a show I was like whatever about when I first heard the announcement, I am actually pretty excited for this. I mean, it looks visually stunning but also looks to get to the heart of the forming rebellion. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: Andor
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 01:31:28 PM »
You prompted me to finally watch the trailer just now.

Wow.

Very cool and very excited for this.  R1 is some of my favorite material since Revenge and a more common Rewatch for me than anything outside of OT, and this looks like a big ole expansion on that perspective.

Also a 3 episode premiere? NICE.  Movie night.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 05:54:43 PM »
I really enjoyed Diego Luna in Narcos. Wouldn't be surprised if he nabs an Academy award in 5-10 years. 
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 08:36:35 PM »
Holy FUUuuuuuUUUCK! That looks amazing! Can't wait!

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 09:52:45 PM »
May I just say...wow.

Those first 3 are solid, I'm invested. No spoilers, obvi, but some questions. 

Corporate Zone = canon Corporate Sector?

Corpos = canon Espos? 

Also, gritty and compelling, a bit edgier than typical Disney SW property which feels right given the subject. 

Very excited to see where this leads. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 10:29:17 AM »

I got first episode in.  Is awesome.  Gritty 'realistic' presentation.

I do believe the Corporate Zone is a port of Corporate Sector Authority.  I also love the vision of it so far here.  The ship that crashes on Andor's home planet, the look of it seems to be a long cylinder..

Invincible Dreadnought, WEG CSA Sourcebook.

Maybe, maybe not, but it would be pretty cool tie in to see that ship that crashes turn out to be this guy.  I haven't delved in to any of the established lore yet, but seems like maybe Cassian was born and has lived in Corporate Space for awhile.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2022, 10:31:31 PM »
Mon Mothma. I want that outfit, I want that apartment, not so much the husband (I have IT-guy who is pretty cool), all the things. Scandal and subterfuge in the galactic capital. That is what I was wanting to see: live-action Coruscant again with the political trappings and costumes. Love. It. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2022, 10:07:49 PM »
Just finished ep 3.. very good!!

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2022, 01:35:18 PM »
Mothma's fam kinda suuuucks. Outfits on point though - need that whole wardrobe. 

Andor is probs (for me) one of the best live-action representations. I am not going to say that all SW shows need to be the same because that is not true. Tonally, they should be different from one another because the characters are experiencing the events in different ways and from different perspectives. It should feel different but I very much enjoy the sparks of action and the building sense of dread from within the Empire around what they will come to discover is the Rebellion. It does paint the picture that the Empire invaded and stripped these worlds of resources for their own gains, leaving people behind in their wake. Makes sense there would be animosity and rage. It serves as a fabulous picture of various people's "why" when it comes to wanting to rise up against them. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2022, 08:18:59 AM »
Agreed, Andor is really good. Rogue One as well. It like the GRRM take on Star Wars space opera. Also, Andor just has had fantastic actors. Stellan Skarsgard and Diego Luna just lift the entire thing to a new level, but really I can't think of a hammy acting job if I'm honest.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2022, 03:20:08 PM »
All caught up.  Enjoying it A TON.

I think what grabs me the most about it all is it feels like real people instead of characters made grand enough for the stars.  Just the background and sense of unique purpose for each person that appears in a scene feels heavier.  This ISB chick especially feels quite compelling.

One tickle me moment was Mothma dropping Ars Dangor and Ghorman when discussing guest list with her husband.

While I always liked the movie a lot, I did not give Diego Luna the proper credit for his role as Cassian and the character in R1.  But I'm growing to love him.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2022, 12:25:42 PM »
Happy new Andor episode day to all who celebrate

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2022, 09:00:20 PM »
Halfway thru my anxiety is fuuucked

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2022, 09:17:20 PM »
So fucking good, never felt star wars so intensely!

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2022, 09:42:05 PM »
That show fucked me up