Author Topic: Andor  (Read 28103 times)

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
Re: Andor
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2022, 11:06:53 AM »
Agreed. 

Interesting twist on the Mothma fam connection. Syril is turning out to be quite the stalker/simp. I am getting major Tarkin vibes from Dedra's office twink. 

Excited to see how this all plays out. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2022, 03:31:16 PM »
aw man, big big episode of awesomeness

Dedra and Syril 4EVER!  I didn't see that very nicely cut-in waist line rear view coming when she finished soaking up his clever flirts and strode on.

The thickening of Vels ties was very interesting.

It's definitely a strange tone from Mothma to this point from what I would have expected given how central and figurehead she becomes later in Alliance and NR.  Shes more like the 'Opposition' vs. a Rebel yet.  She also seems very human, timid and unsure, not a rock but an eventual benefactor of acts and courage the less known real heroes, cool contrast to her somewhat otherworldly presence in ROTJ (at least I always thought she sort of spoke and acted apart from a typical 'base human' in the galaxy in her screen time there, distant like she lived in another world/galaxy inside her head)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 09:36:56 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2022, 03:49:39 PM »
Any guesses as to what they are building on Narkina 5?

Death Star components? Probe droids?
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2022, 10:30:47 AM »
DS components would seem most story probable, I don't remember if he had knowledge of the DS in R1 already before becoming tied to Jyn but if so, the factory prison would be a good tie in either way- a place that he somehow caught a glimpse/found out about the DS or an unkown tie in that he ends up helping destroy what his incarceration helped him build.

If he gets out of the Factory Prison without some kind of grand discovery or a-ha, it leaves the whole stretch kind of pointless other than to vaguely illustrate the repressive means the Empire goes to which is fine and dandy, but to be the only point of it? nah

when I first saw the components they build though I wanted them to be parts of ATAT drive or leg joint assembly or something, but they def have that Probe Droid torso look
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 10:32:21 AM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2022, 06:57:56 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOO!

It gets dirtier and dirtier.  I love it.

What a great climax and resolve for the prison to. "One way out."

The jewel moment though, Luthen and Lonni scene.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 07:00:22 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2022, 09:05:19 PM »
So goooood. Love the irony too — i cant swim. All about sacrifice in this one. Hits in the feels

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2022, 06:02:33 PM »
Oof, yeah. That exchange between L&L was...enlightening, to say the least. Also, leverage your kiddo to finance the Rebellion? Choices, choices, darling. None of them easy. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2022, 09:44:57 PM »
So fucking gooooood and only one more episode in the season!!!! They need to do all future star wars like this. Please god please

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2022, 09:26:59 AM »

BAH.  I am not thrilled about a starship with lightsabers.  I feel like that was one lazy/geek move that veered from the rest of the tone and feel of the show.

OTHERWISE, still amazing.

Do you guys think Saw is really not going to help Kreegyr somehow??  I chuckled when Luthen referred to Benthic as 'Tubes', recall him being referred to as such in a comic issue before.  Always nice to see that these show runners are given the same resource material to build/borrow on that we have been consuming.

Seems like Ep12 is going to be centered around the Spellhaus raid and Maarva's funeral on Ferrix.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2022, 09:31:09 AM »
Yup, show down and conclusion at Ferrix, and this between the prison and what he finds at Ferrix, he becomes completely radicalized to the cause.

I really wish that all Star Wars were in this vein going forward. Give me endless stories without Jedi, please. Give me Wraith Squadron but handled like Andor. Give me anything.... that isn't the dogshit of the prequels and final trilogy.

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2022, 06:12:28 PM »
Yeah, the lightsaber starship threw me and lends credence to the whispers that Luthen is somehow connected to the Force. I was hoping they would not go there, considering R1 was about the grit behind the mission, but modern SW cannot help itself sometimes. It has to feel like a Star War or it's not a Star War. The emotional pull for me in this ep was Vel's realization that her involvement in Aldahni now has very personal and tangible consequences/Mon understands the Empire's tyranny may be worth risking alienating her fam. Lots of emotional gravity that I hope sets up a solid finale. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2022, 09:05:42 PM »
  Easy killer!  It's all part of the Universe!  It can't all be Han and Leia ESB dialogue or "I am not your failure Obi-wan" moments.  Silver linings abound sir- truth be told, Hayden Christensen released me from feeling annoyed by bitchy ANH Luke.

I saw in rumor blurps about Luthens potential force connection, but I was interpreting the genesis of most of that to being the apperance of starfighter lightsabers in this episode.  Given that Jedha was mined for Kyber crystals and Saw was on Jedha (if not now, by R1) and Luthen is always talking to Saw, I spose it stands to reason that he could get ahold of some easily.  I do hope they don't give him force touch.

BUT- I don't think it lines up with his character.  He's dark and cold and grimey and willing to get dirtier and has already sacrificed himself for the cause, if he is Forcie, he's certainly No Jedi!

Agree totally that the new deep dynamic of Mothma's role now in the Rebellion is very cool.  It's much more real than to simply say she's this epitome of ethics and morality and has the best interest of good people at heart and she's this paragon of virtue senator.  Nope, shes been bank rolling the Mujhadeen since day 0.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2022, 03:11:16 PM »
Well, shit. Let me roll over and light a cigarette because I am sat.is.fied. 

Again, maintain my position that not all SW shows should be like or be the same - there is a time and place for swashbuckling space adventures and culty wizard antics - but it should be balanced with shows like Andor that bring both context and nuance to such a grand universe. There needs to be emotional gravity to anchor the stakes in the realities around the larger, galactic narrative. And Andor delivered on that consistently. 

The post-credits scene was clutch and should serve as a whetting of the appetite for a final second season that will bridge the gap to R1. 

*chefs kiss

Loved it. 

Syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2022, 08:30:53 PM »
Holy fuck. So fucking good. Goosbumps. Great finale. Love this show. So many wonderful actors in this, the writing is wonderful.why does it have to end

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2022, 08:31:36 PM »
Also soundtrack was so good!