Author Topic: Andor  (Read 28106 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: Andor
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2022, 06:48:11 PM »
So I got to being interested in whats up with a tribe of children on the planet Kenari and looked up Wookieepedia before I got my own ideas too entrenched, and best they say is the tribe of orphaned children was the result of various plunderers stopping by to presumably trash pick mining infrastructure/equipment.

I hope we get a better formed flashback than that description!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2022, 08:32:28 AM »
Happy belated Andor day. We have guests, so kids are sleeping with us, so I haven't been able to watch it yet :(

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2022, 04:32:19 PM »
Really loving the show so far. So good to be back on Coruscant.

It's definitely a slow-burner, but in a good way. Unlike Kenobi which could've perhaps been a cinematic release, Andor's episodic flow is very justified since there are so many interesting angles and characters.

Also, this may seem odd.. but Major Partagaz (the ISB commander) is one of the healthiest work supervisors I've ever seen in a story. Sure, he's working for the Empire and is a bad guy, but professionally he's top notch. Great blend of being tough yet fair and supportive.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2022, 10:59:19 AM »
  I try to enjoy it all but I do not have to try for this gravy.  Ep 7 casts a great post heist climate and sets the table for escalation.  With 5 more episodes to go in S1 and an S2 between R1, Tony Gilroy will have created an amazing character saga and GCW chapter.

The ISB focus has been pretty awesome, I would have thought that dude higher than a Major but he is pretty dynamic, and this whole shift and defining moment in the Rise of the Rebellion is good story stuff.  Cassian will have become a mythological hero of sorts by the end of R1.  This dude has not been shown to carry an ng/ml of midichlorian but has done as much for the Alliance as the divine blooded Skywalker, without any of the grave setbacks (yet) !

« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 11:01:06 AM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2022, 06:57:02 PM »
Watched it the other night. It's wonderful stuff. Love the ISB focus. Love the Cassian character. It's wonderful stuff. Can't wait until Wednesday. 

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2022, 10:06:17 AM »
One more day until Andor day! I'm going to be sad when this season ends.

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2022, 03:19:41 PM »
I am too. So sad. Enjoying this ride. 

Compelling and complex characters? A glance at the galactic stage under Imperial control without focus on the Force? A fully realized lesbian relationship without being heavy-handed or exploitative about it? Political and familial drama? Here. For. It.

Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2022, 05:59:32 PM »
Ep 8 was good continuation.  I will say it is not my fav episode of series thus far for Cassian window portions and that while overall the direction is cool, some of the specifics about the imprisonment are just like 'really? nice boots guys', but still overall the net this series casts is by far the best entry in the modern catalogue to me.

It looks like the young zealous CSA investigator with the insufferable mother is going to get some redemption.  This guy was a tool up until this episode and now I'm excited for his next move.

I have seen a lot of newsfeed highlights claiming that Andor is the worst viewership thus far.  If true this is final straw for any semblance of relationship between me and humanity in general. ;p
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 06:13:54 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2022, 06:36:05 PM »
Yes, but that is only because most people have no taste. They want it easy, mindless, fun - but after the past few years, I cannot blame them. Such things do have a place but should be balanced with something slightly more cerebral and stimulating. Star Wars is expansive which naturally makes it complicated. The prison stuff is likely to influence his full turn and involvement with the Rebellion. It is also interesting that they highlight the cost of resistance - both through credits to fund this effort as well as the loss of life. I've read comparisons of Luthen as the Rebellion's Palpatine, knowing the price but plowing ahead anyway because they both believe it is justified. Right does not always mean good. It adds a nuance to the group presented to us as children as the "good guys". Also, does anyone else feel like Vel is totes Luthen's kiddo? I'm getting vibes.

Fear not though - it is already greenlit for a second and final season which links it to R1. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2022, 09:23:40 PM »
I enjoyed that episode, did a wonderful job of communicating the anxiety and panic of the incarceration. You know next episode is going to pack a punch.

The boots were a bit silly, but its easily forgivable. There's so few goofy/hammy bits in this series compared to all the entire prequel trilogy, obi wan, mandalorian, and boba fett. Its intense but its still star wars.

If this really does have the poorest viewership that's super disappointing.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2022, 09:23:49 PM »
Also Bix is a babe.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2022, 11:15:28 AM »
Also Bix is a babe.

you noticed the dynamic movement in that chase scene too huh? ;D
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2022, 11:29:39 AM »
I've read comparisons of Luthen as the Rebellion's Palpatine, knowing the price but plowing ahead anyway because they both believe it is justified. Right does not always mean good. It adds a nuance to the group presented to us as children as the "good guys". Also, does anyone else feel like Vel is totes Luthen's kiddo? I'm getting vibes.

Luthen gets it.  Revolution is dirty business.

I didn't catch any offspring vibes between Vel and Luthen.  I think Kleya came to be in operation with him through some sort of turned tragic relation.  Perhaps he saved her somehow.  But her pushing Luthen to cut the Fennix/Ferrix link was clutch and gives her good strength/influence, the fact she plays a larger role as well being a contact and sort of spy/emissary for him is of note to.  Shes more than just an ancillary of Luthens at this point for sure.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 11:31:26 AM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2022, 05:28:32 PM »
Bix is a babe. Andor is no slouch either. 

What I noticed about Kleya is that she was one of the only people to hold sway over Luthen so that relationship is deeper than it appears. You may be right with the tragic backstory or perhaps it is the other way around - maybe she saved him somehow. Either way, stalking around Coruscant in a scarlet hooded cape and heeled boots is literally the only thing I have ever wanted to do as a child. Secret meetings and cute outfits? Shiver me timbers. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2022, 09:25:09 PM »
God I love this show.