Author Topic: Mocha II Talk  (Read 57323 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: Mocha II Talk
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2021, 12:46:14 PM »

THOUGHT:  You could allow for spacing out of ships to be also more digestible on the tactical level by reducing Heavy Cap Movement to 2AP and Maneuver to 1AP.  If it's not as costly to move them around, it may allow for more flexible deployment and forgiving movements
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2021, 02:31:08 PM »

DONE.

Felt good to pull that trigger!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2021, 02:34:08 PM »
Do you get a multiplier with a higher UCR ratio? I think 6 v 3 UCR = Modifier of 1.0 not 2.0

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2021, 02:38:40 PM »
I get where you guys are going with that. I do however feel 1 ship per grid is way too limiting. Like for carrier fleets that have 1 carrier ship and smaller support craft. How are the support ships supposed to gain CSP protection. I think 1 player per grid works better.

Also Hale. Im not trying to be a dick but could we please get a proper status on your posts going forward. Shields, hull, location. Trying to pull it together from your actions is difficult. I would greatly appreciate, thanks.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2021, 04:43:00 PM »
Do you get a multiplier with a higher UCR ratio? I think 6 v 3 UCR = Modifier of 1.0 not 2.0

oh ya, wishful thinking, will fix

FIXED.

Instead of 4 Vultures potentially dead it is now possible 2 dead and 1 heavily damaged.  I opted not to additionally use a VCX to finish off the wounded Vulture as it didn't seem fair adjustment in light of the fix being my fuck up.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 04:48:43 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2021, 04:50:53 PM »
I get where you guys are going with that. I do however feel 1 ship per grid is way too limiting. Like for carrier fleets that have 1 carrier ship and smaller support craft. How are the support ships supposed to gain CSP protection. I think 1 player per grid works better.

that is an interesting point raised to keep in mind, with 1 ship per grid space, CSP becomes a much more valuable commodity and shifts the weight of using it for better or worse
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2021, 06:09:16 PM »
Go ahead and adjust it, I don't mind.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2021, 06:46:49 PM »
Ramano, click on the "Unit Status" tab on my post. It has everything there.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2021, 07:09:29 PM »
I still think the scaling won't be that big of an issue once we actually get this game rolling.

If a typical PDF is going to be 1 CORV, maybe 2, and a typical assault fleet is going to be 1 VSD + some support ships (mostly AUX to ferry troops) the whole problem of unit packing and dogpiling becomes irrelevant because there are not enough dogs in the fight to pile.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2021, 07:10:46 PM »
starfighter lasers do too much damage. A light laser should not do as much damage as a torpedo. Could probably lower those values by half or you render warheads pointless. A tie interceptor can do as much damage as a ywing on a bombing run, lol.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2021, 07:13:46 PM »
Ramano,
Under the Support Units and Reloading Warheads section of the rules, it reads: "Once a starfighter/auxiliary is recalled, it must remain onboard its mothership until the next turn."

So you need to edit your post regarding the Vulture droids. Thanks!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2021, 07:18:52 PM »
sorry about that. Thought that tactic seemed a bit too good to be true, lol. All fixed.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2021, 07:26:53 PM »
Yeah the way I conceived the PBC tactics working was that if you wanted to make one a dedicated carrier (with 14 Vultures onboard) you could rotate 7 squadrons in and 7 squadrons out every post to take most advantage of the free launch.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2021, 08:24:19 PM »
Three full rounds.  :o

Huzzah to us all!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2021, 10:15:57 PM »
So what if i wanted to play as like a renegade trade fed pirate? Like as i envision the idea, instead of planetary systems i could base out of a mostly derelict droid control ship. Say something left over from the jedi civil war, derelict and floating to be found in the recesses. Obviously we'd have to discuss some stuff as i couldnt be rolling around in a usable supership, like the weapons are broken and an agreement i wont use it to attack with, but let me know what you think?