Author Topic: Mocha II Talk  (Read 57328 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: Mocha II Talk
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2021, 11:16:56 PM »
@Ramano
I don't think this game is built for players who want to do solo ops. It's meant to cycle quickly via the campaign system.

Maybe we could set up some sort of campaign where you play an independent faction that we're all working against, or you could play some special solo role as a rogue TF commandant or something.

If we expand the universe to include neutral systems, then I'd open up a Common tech tree. It's conceivable if you wanted to play some pirate, you could utilize common units and have your own system compared to the main factions with more bank.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2021, 11:54:36 AM »

If we expand the universe to include neutral systems, then I'd open up a Common tech tree. It's conceivable if you wanted to play some pirate, you could utilize common units and have your own system compared to the main factions with more bank.

Yes.

We can keep it small still though!  50 or less worlds on a whole galactic representating map using either squares or hexes to measure HS movement =D  (thus helping the potential issue of many ships in 1 grid space because they can't all be everywhere at once or quickly!)

Worlds value besides any potential $GC could be simple basic shit that plays in to unit specs, battle performance. i.e. control Thyferra, Infantry Unit types get + some Durability from Bacta.  Control Bespin, Capship Turbolasers deal + some amount of damage. Control Eriadu (massive industry) get some free support units you can use that auto replace at that location when dead, i.e. 6 TIE types squads or 4 Other type or some shit.  I dunno, get creative tho.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2021, 05:58:26 PM »
Add to my list of asks: no shield banks. I would prefer being able to convert AP into +2 shields or +1 hull/armor (so recharging shields is less expensive damage control). 

This is fun! I thought I didn't like the AP system but that hasn't been the case.

I would also agree SFs and AUX need some adjustment in damage output. I think a lot of that could be fixed with simplifying attacks (Dogfight Attack, Bombing Attack vs individual weapons). Also Vulture Droids kinda suck because with 4 AP the buzz drones are 100% useless if not free to deploy, since 2 AP to bomb, 2 AP to fire 2 Buzz Drones, which do same damage as the lasers (or less? need to check).

I will try to post tomorrow! Wooooo

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2021, 08:40:16 PM »
I like the shield banks thing as is.  It does cost 1AP to raise them so.  Also 1AP to be 2Armor or Shield? So then a ship has how many AP?  Because 1 Armor or 1 Shield with AP values where they are does not change much given that most ships have less than 10 AP.

So first you'd have to raise AP to do that and then it throws off AP to attack with weapon counts on a ship.  If a ship has like 20AP at least so it can do something meaningful with a 1AP = 1-2Shield Point scheme but it has 6 weapon emplacements and how many AP to move, then the whole thing is thrown off.  If I have 20 AP I'm always able to move and turn a shitload and fire all my 8 weapons n shit.  And then for 1AP to charge something like 5-10 shields, well you're half way to a Bank for a lot of small ships n shit already.. 

I would almost consider this tweak though involving both shield banks and movement..

Heavy Cap Raise Shield Bank costs 2AP
Heavy Cap Movement Costs 2AP
Heavy Cap Maneuver Costs 1AP

Light Cap Raise Shield Bank costs 1AP
Light Cap Movement costs 1AP
Light Cap Maneuver Costs 1AP

this makes light caps extremely tactical and mor evaluable.  while it costs the Heavy Cap 1 more AP to raise a bank now then before, it costs it 1 less AP to move forward, so it is able to get around the game board a little bit more (assiting in lessening the tendency to lump together)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 11:22:49 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2021, 10:46:25 PM »
Well you could potentially fix that by simply removing the end game mechanics to make it a persistent game, small uni size. Perhaps 20 planets or so. But yeah definately some neutral units.

As far as the ap system, im cool with whatever you guys want to do. I like the system, though it will take some getting used to, so either way im good.

Starfighter weapons though definitely.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2021, 07:49:58 AM »
Make shield rating higher ditch banks. Banks encourage dogpile

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2021, 09:02:36 AM »
OK, these are some good points. I will take them into consideration.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2021, 11:21:29 AM »
QUESTION:

How do we handle weapons fired at SFs? For examplee, Eid fired 8 CMs and 3 droid squadrons. Should I assign 3, 3, 2 CMs hitting each? Am I obligated to spread that damage?

My choice would be that "1 weapon cant hit two targets" but wanted to get clarity here.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2021, 01:02:47 PM »
QUESTION:

How do we handle weapons fired at SFs? For examplee, Eid fired 8 CMs and 3 droid squadrons. Should I assign 3, 3, 2 CMs hitting each? Am I obligated to spread that damage?

My choice would be that "1 weapon cant hit two targets" but wanted to get clarity here.

Sorry for any lack of clarity on my part but I specified it was 3 at 2 of them and 2 at 1 of them, unless that is understood and I misunderstand the question.. but I don't think I have 1 weapon hitting two targets either, though 1 Awing is firing 1 CM at 1 target and 1 CM at another, but is within their AP fuel and I hadn't noticed a 1 unit 1 target per turn clause anywheres

"They spend 2AP ea to fire 8 total CMs, 3 @ VultureII V & VI and 2 @ VII who are attacking friendlies in E2.  UCRs 8vs5 = 1.0 multipler.  3CMs (9pts) @ ea target V & VI, 2CMs (6pts) @ VII"
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 01:05:44 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2021, 02:03:35 PM »
Oopsy, just quick reading and I didn't pay close enough attention. I will try my hardest to get a post out at some point today, but we are packing to drive back to Boston, two kids, etc. I might be later tonight.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2021, 04:34:47 PM »
Make shield rating higher ditch banks. Banks encourage dogpile

Not trying to argue simply offering a 2nd opinion, i kind of like the shield bank idea. It gives more the impression of deflector screens like SW uses and not global shielding arrays like they use in star trek. Remember, when the SSD was taken out in RotJ it still had near full shields except for that 1 failed deflector screen. However, i would suggest a moderate hull increase on the ships so that we can actually utilize it. Currently its so easy to kill a ship you never even get a chance to use more than 1 bank.

Or another option could be the utilization of more than 1 bank at a time.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2021, 04:48:34 PM »
QUESTION:

I would suggest not worrying about it at all. We are literally talking 3 damage on a group attack. I guess a piece of debris from the first squad exploding hit a fighter from the next. Lol Its splitting hairs for the sake of another rule. This should be more a common sense thing. Provided you arent trying to combine damage on fighters in different grids, and they were all attacked as a group, a little carry-over is to be expected.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2021, 07:03:07 PM »
If we do a uni again here just fyis I would not be doing NR.  Either Impwarlord or 3rd party like Hutts.

Overall, I'm really liking the gameplay and execution.  Aside from the universally backed SF tweaks, it's all pretty tight
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2021, 09:22:31 PM »
Ok posted if there are errors please someone fix them with my best interests in mind :P I will be on the road pretty much all day.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2021, 09:37:18 PM »
Ahh, something we havnt addressed yet, fighters without a mothership? For example, i havnt done the math but im pretty sure at least 1 of my pbc just went poof. My other ship has no room to hold them, so... ?

Also, just something for discussion, should ships get a partial action on their death post? No movement or damage control obviously, but going out in a blaze of glory so to speak.