Author Topic: Mocha II Talk  (Read 56290 times)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: Mocha II Talk
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2021, 10:35:43 AM »
I think the concept of CSP can be replaced with the concept of Engagement (same idea, SF force engagement, its preventing fighters from attacking other targets). But you know that ;)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2021, 11:36:37 AM »
Shots fired!

LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2021, 04:29:30 PM »
That being said I don't think this set up is bad. It's an interesting twist that you have to dedicate some of your AP to keeping your enemy engaged with you.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2021, 07:30:48 PM »
Not to mention, limits on AP leads to 'tactical creativity' because the ole' dogpile is not an option as it has been in previous games. All in good fun.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2021, 09:01:40 PM »
If a CSP squad is dealt enough damage to destroy it, is it considered engaged/destroyed -- e.g. can I bomb a capital ship the same turn I deal enough damage to totally destroy a squadron on CSP?

Post is half way done will finish in morning.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • Let the rabbits wear glasses
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2021, 11:03:57 PM »
Annnnnnnnd we're simming  =)
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2021, 09:13:54 AM »
Per the new rule, you actually have to send a SF/AUX into the same grid as the CSP in order to engage it.

Capital Ships cannot engage CSP by shooting at them, like I did in my last post.

Other SF/AUX cannot engage CSP by shooting from a distance. They actually have to enter the grid. Although, if you simply wait one round, those SF on CSP will blow up, so it's more of a timing thing.

If you're not in a hurry, you can wittle down CSP from a distance. If you are in a hurry, then you need to send in the dogs if you want to do a massive bombing run.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2021, 10:46:13 AM »
Ok, so to clarify:

- Dealing sufficient damage to destroy a unit does not remove it from the gameboard; a squadron on CSP that is shot down by Cap Ship guns, is still "On CSP" even though it has enough damage dealt in that turn to destroy it.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2021, 10:49:10 AM »
Also - if a squadron engages the CSP, can it fire some of its weapons at targets that are not that CSP? Example, Vulture Droids fire lasers at TIE Int, fire Buzz Droids at VSD?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2021, 11:05:13 AM »
We may need to tweak this a little bit, but per the "How to Blow Stuff Up" section of the rules: 4. If enough damage is done to a ship to make it explode, then it CANNOT RETURN FIRE, EVEN IF it has enough Action Points to do Damage Control.

This applies to every unit, but maybe we can make an exception for SF/AUX and allow them to resolve all damage at the end of their turn rather than at the beginning.

As for engaging a squadron on CSP, per the new rule you cannot "break away" from the dogfight to attack another target. So for example, an X-Wing cannot engage a TIE Fighter with lasers whilst also firing its proton torpedoes at the ISD.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2021, 11:17:26 AM »
Ok that makes sense, something about how Buzz Droids work made my mind loopy (since they aren't like warheads, they are their own little things...). Speaking of which, the wording in the Vulture Droid description - I first took to mean they could deploy Buzz Droids at no AP cost. But then I re-read (last night) and its actually just that Vulture Droids themselves are deployed at no AP cost, correct? Firing buzz droids still costs AP (that the Vulture Droid pays)?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2021, 11:30:49 AM »
Right so normally a capital ship would have to burn 1 AP to launch a starfighter, but that does not apply to Vultures. They can be launched for free. Afterwards, they are on their own AP budget like every other fighter.

Just think of the Buzz droids like warheads with 0 RNG and 1 DMG. Although they are not warheads for the purposes of an attack run. Treat them like firing a weapon (1 AP).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 12:40:35 PM by SWSF Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2021, 07:38:54 PM »
Fighters have no systems? How do Ions work against Fighters?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2021, 08:37:15 PM »
Ion cannons do regular damage vs fighters.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2021, 08:39:15 PM »
For the Rules update, it's clear we need to expand SF functionality, so we'll just put that on the top of the development list.

LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM