Author Topic: Flashpoint Cantina (OOC)  (Read 158080 times)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: Flashpoint Cantina (OOC)
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2019, 10:40:55 AM »
I'm sorry! I think i can post today though!!!!

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #226 on: December 15, 2019, 11:07:56 AM »
Okay, obviously I have not been able to keep my word on making updates even to a pretty simple little battle. I just don't have the time to be involved in anything anymore, no matter how much we streamline it, it seems. Any turn-based thing is just going to be too difficult as with family stuff and work I am squeezed. I might be able to squeeze a thirty minute window a few times a week but at a time when I am exhausted and just don't want to do anything but read a book or something else that requires very low amounts of mental effort.

I would like to still be involved in star wars universe and this forum somehow. I may try to start writing storylines and anyone is happy to join into them, if I ever even manage to do that. But for the foreseeable future I don't imagine I will be able to be very active here. I am sorry :(

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #227 on: December 15, 2019, 01:57:20 PM »
I claim victory at Kamino!

Is no sweat brosama, writing is kind of ideal anyways it feels like even though I just started with GreyJedi.  Hope to post again there tonite as soon as I hear back from him on some plot.

Start writing and I'll forgive you. ;p
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #228 on: December 18, 2019, 05:54:26 PM »
I feel you Hop. It's OK. I'm currently in stay-at-home-dad-plus-job-search mode so this forum is often the last thing on my list as well.

Things just aren't the way they were 8-9 years ago with respect to activity levels and engagement. We seem to lack the critical mass for a robust gaming experience. Maybe an honor sim will have to suffice.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2019, 07:30:21 PM »
The last few years (since ~mid 2015) have just been a bear. Changed careers. Two kids now. Lots of other life bullshit. I used to have a pretty slack day job, working from home, easy enough to get online and post in battles. Or I didn't have kids yet. Now after kids are out for the night, wife wants my attention (the nerve!) and I'm usually so shot mentally that I don't feel like making a post. Working on rule sets is different -- no pressure to post in 24 hours, etc. I find that pressure actually makes me avoid it, since I am already tired and not in the mood, and feel bad for not being active, and once I miss a day, two days... its like what's the point and I give up.

I don't know if there is a solution for me to be more active in terms of game design; i think its just life at the moment?

Its weird cause with game building, I have a lot of fun and find time. But its different... the windows of time are smaller usually and scattered, I also tend to get very obsessive when I dig in and then my wife DOES get pissed eventually.

It would be cool to have a game where we have truly async build up, organizing, etc... and a battle is a sort of set it up and let it play itself out.

I once worked on a game engine that took star wars units and made them battle sort of like units in Civ 3. I should pick that up again maybe... you set up your fleets units and their instructions (like fight to death or retreat before death if possible, etc) and dump them at a planet, and the battle is automated and posted all at once. The game then becomes empire management, strategy in terms of deployments and unit pairings, etc., and writing.

I don't know, though. That is so far from simming roots that I really do miss. If we could ever figure out a game with one ship per player I feel like I could totally do it. But the game would move so slowly itd be unbearable.

/end whining rant

Also, good luck on the job hunt Hale!

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2019, 11:36:34 PM »

It just took me 9 days to get my next bit up with GreyJedi but I finally did.

I didn't have any particular hankering for 19ABY but its what he called out so whatever, I just went with it and its fun and slow paced and completely hassle free.  Not having rules or tangible losses to think about is quite liberating.

Im fine without a numbers game, but you can get the old simming fun without that as soon as you're interacting with someone crafting a tale.  Words are way sweeter than numbers.  Someone might mistake my meandering for literary intelligence where as my math too easily proves otherwise.

I would encourage you both to just pick literally ANYTHING to write about in 19ABY to form an infant joint story uni.  But otherwise, I mean pick any time and write as well.  Arc yourselves in to whatever me and grey are writing, we don't have a ton of direction laid out other than we're now heading in to the Old Jedi Temple on Coruscant by force of pursuit.  Who knows what comes next!  Only GreyJedi for the moment! =D
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2019, 11:53:37 PM »

Come New Year, we could maybe plan to launch a joint story campaign that takes place after events of Ep IX. ;p

That'd be pretty sweet imo.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #232 on: December 19, 2019, 08:19:17 AM »
A post-IX sandbox might work.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2019, 11:40:50 AM »
  Come Midnight-ish tonite I'll already be doing mental cartwheels over the potential character interests of a Post Skywalker Saga Galaxy!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 11:43:23 AM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #234 on: December 19, 2019, 01:14:13 PM »
I am hoping to get out and see the movie next week or possibly Sunday.

I don't know anything about 19 ABY star wars. The original Trilogy and up to +5 ABY has always been the time period I am most familiar with.

But it may be a good thing. I will read what y'all are reading, and see if I can plop a character or two into that world and see what happens. Also, point me/tell me about 19 ABY :P

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #235 on: December 19, 2019, 03:01:42 PM »

*SHRUG*  Best I could glean from some Wookiee Timeline research is that the New Republic is at odds from within, is a Populist (individual planets) and a Centrist (powerful galactic gov) factions.  There were/was/is at some point actual incorporation of previously Imperial Governors/Moffs/Folks in to the NR Government to try and be inclusive, predictably it seems some/few/many of them were of course working with the more hidden/secretive actual Imperial Remnant elements.

Is hazy on at which point this lingering Remnant in the Unknown Regions takes shape closer to the actual First Order.

There's something called the Amaxine Warriors which come in to conflict wit hthe NR and they are somehow a front of some kind for actual FO/IR activity.  There is all sorts of political and espionage going on, front companies/cartels through which the FO acquires materials/support in their build up etc.

So for 19ABY, any sort of 'canon' interpreted setting Im most comfortable with stating myself is that the NR is as internally fractured as our own great nation while also under assault from the usual exterior forces attempting to undermine the altruistic intents some may actually hold.

Chandrila was the Capitol for awhile, it was then turned into a voted thing and became Hosnian Prime.  I couldn't find much on how long/if this rotates and is continually voted on, so I just referred to it as like a decade-25yr long thing in my writing so far.

Switching Galactic Capitols too frequently didn't make a ton of sense to me but.. shrug.  It's kind of cool to be able to take some of those liberties though and fill in what is very foggy at the moment.

I think basically me and Grey and playing it that the FO really only operates in the shadows and takes great lengths to conceal its existence/strength/involvement/deployments/positions everything etc.  We just decided to tie them in to our initial opening story here for some spice/fun.

The hanging principle at moment is that my NR Intel Services guy is tasked as a counter-operative for FO agents and with gathering information to attempt and show the puppet masters in the Senate/Committees that the FO Threat is Real, pronounced and actionable.

So Phasma swung in to protect their clandestine interest and blow my fingers off.

I understand your familiarity with OT +5ABY, and of course is same with me.  Its were we come from.

Im just trying to avoid getting hung up on too many specifics because it always results in hindering the progress of actually getting further in to the experience (writing).  We can all individually stew for eternity and ho hum the "like ideal ideal" but for me anyway, it works better if I just jump in and start and build up whatever from there.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 03:07:13 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #236 on: December 19, 2019, 04:52:21 PM »
I always try to get involved and life gets in the way. I think things have finally calmed down. I got promoted at work and am
More settled. I literally used a week of PTO to watch Episode 1-8 (plus solo and rogue one) and I want more Star Wars in my life. 
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #237 on: December 19, 2019, 08:01:21 PM »
Very wise post, Eid! I agree about tryin got embrace the foggy-ness of it rather than get hung up on it. I will start brainstorming, try to find some tangent in your universe to get involved in, and see if eventually I can make it hook up.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #238 on: December 19, 2019, 11:52:57 PM »

Just back from EP IX!!!

JJ did us right. He made it all fit together great and there's a nice blend of tones throughout.

Fantastic final chapter!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #239 on: December 20, 2019, 12:23:57 AM »
I don't know that I agree...Or that I disagree. 
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.