Author Topic: Flashpoint Cantina (OOC)  (Read 158090 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: Flashpoint Cantina (OOC)
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2019, 04:24:45 PM »

Give in to optimistic outlooks!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #241 on: December 23, 2019, 09:41:03 PM »
I had an idea the other day but got high and forgot. God, it's nice not having kids. Anyway, what if you all created a massive storyline that allowed for flexible involvement but, should there be an incursion, you could default to the battle rules you created. Kind of like a fabulous hybrid that would keep it interesting, give the arc nuance, and satisfy both types of simmers to some degree while providing space when life gets crazy. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #242 on: December 24, 2019, 09:06:41 AM »
^^^ That has been my most recent dream... only I wouldn't even have "rules". Just story line the battles. Storyline everything. Coordinate a bit. Its a different thing, but it lets us have the sense of command, battling, etc... and be able to invest in the STORY of the battle than number crunching and not having time to even enjoy writing up those battle story posts.

Like, each of us picks a faction or join up in a faction, and start storylining, have battles, etc. Just its all story and honor system. There was once a sim like that in AOL towards the end. Can't recall what it was called.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #243 on: December 24, 2019, 12:55:47 PM »

TRATE was SL/Honor only and at end.  It was Tannerss, Dravin, Ariakas maybe.

We should pick up at end here of Rise Sky.  Like 10yrs later...

And we go.  Basic/Simple clean slate.  That seems the obvious to me anyways.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #244 on: December 24, 2019, 01:03:21 PM »
Oh Rise of Skywalker.

Yeah I don't know if I can get into the tech and stuff in that time period if I'm honest, but i am open to it. I need to see the movie still, trying to see it this week or i'll end up having to wait until its on video somewhere.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #245 on: December 24, 2019, 01:36:36 PM »
What I hate is all the tech in the new movies, those massive star destroyers etc. It has just got silly. I love the tech from the SW books and guides from my childhood (who could guess)... so all the AE time period tech especially :)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #246 on: December 24, 2019, 04:34:47 PM »
Also I feel very responsible for this game sputtering out. I apologize for that. I feel I am often at fault for not being active enough when we break out with something, leading to total atrophy of the game within weeks. :(

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #247 on: December 24, 2019, 09:13:31 PM »
Do not be so hard on yourself. Adulthood is not always conducive to extracurriculars. The important thing to remember is that we are all here because SW means something to us. Always has, always will. We do what we can to indulge in our creativity but there must be space for the inevitable ebb and flow. I am certain we can find the right balance. Aaaaaand I'm done being sentimental. :-*
Syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #248 on: December 25, 2019, 03:26:26 PM »
Thanks syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #249 on: December 26, 2019, 08:48:24 AM »
GOING TO SEE STAR WARS TONIGHT AT 6!

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #250 on: December 27, 2019, 08:53:39 AM »
BUT to its credit it did spark something of the excited wonder in me and makes me want to write in the universe again...

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2019, 02:00:25 PM »

Ok.  How many years after Rise of Skywalker are we picking up at?  Total Honor/Story?  No limit to the scope of our main chars?  Limit 1 Player/Writer to 1 Faction?  Whats it gonna be boyos?
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #252 on: December 28, 2019, 03:58:58 PM »
I dig, maybe immediately after. I am clueless on tech and will focus on force character

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #253 on: December 28, 2019, 04:22:46 PM »
Well the benefits with a post-ROS story is that we can literally make it whatever we want it to be.

I thought it would be interesting if one ISD escaped Exogal and the story could basically revolve around this ISD holding various planets hostage.

Maybe the story vignette could be "The Last Star Destroyer."

We could also do the In the Eye of the Storm story and just pick characters and go with it.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #254 on: January 02, 2020, 06:57:36 PM »

How long after ROS you guys leaning?  I'd like to go somewhere around 50-100yrs.  Some period where we can just say Poe/Rey/Finn are long since deceased and can fill in with whatever.  Something that conceptually gives the NR time to reestablish itself and possibly grow in to something that could be characterized as the stagnant behemoth the Old Republic embodied in the TPM days and earlier.

As far as the story, rather than peg something as specific as Last Star Destroyer or Eye of Xim in title and all that, maybe just choose the time and let it rip.  If either of those angles are what you want to write from/at, go for it.  We should maybe start at a more basic level though like, if you want a SD with a planet killing laser, you have to write all about getting/finding/acquiring it. Then maybe others are writing about their knowledge of you and trying to figure out whats up and disrupt that, and then once you got the SD and take it to a planet, well by then you've got your Last SD story and it all came about in the natural order of co-op story telling and on it goes?

I dunno for sure, thats just my thoughts right now.  I know I just wanna write though!  Have been thoroughly enjoying the back and forth with Grey so far.  A larger collective could only be even sweeter.
~J
SWSF 'til Death