Author Topic: Flashpoint Cantina (OOC)  (Read 157830 times)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: Flashpoint Cantina (OOC)
« Reply #255 on: January 03, 2020, 12:43:44 PM »
Yeah, I think I am looking for something much much more free ranging. Eid's idea -- long after the last movies, with total freedom to adjust the SW reality, and weave our own stories, would be cool.

I really just want an agreed upon moment in the timeline, and then you can do whatever you want within reason. If you never interact with anyone that is fine. We just all have thing going on in the same reality, and we can converge when we want to, or just keep writing on our own.

I like the format that med and syren have been writing in for the last several years. Each person can craft their own story, which may or may not overlap with anyone else's.

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #256 on: January 03, 2020, 07:48:22 PM »
"Several years" (I.E. since 2009). ;) 

But yes, it is an extremely flexible method for world-building to focus on the aspects of the universe that resonates. The plan is to wrap up this era of our saga by the end of the year (given the real-world time constraints) but I would be open to a presence in a larger scale, multi-player SL. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #257 on: January 03, 2020, 08:45:16 PM »
Wow gas it been that long? Now that I think about it yea! Congrats on that.

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #258 on: January 03, 2020, 10:15:06 PM »
Thank you! Technically, the characters from the Socially Acceptable Monsters holodrama first appeared way back in the AOL forums of the 90's albeit with a much less cohesive narrative. In this incarnation of the forum, I came in at the very end of Med's Federation Chronicles (many forum versions ago) which launched the SAM storyline then Vogue Empire. Now, we're hedging toward the conclusion of the Crimson Covenant. How time flies. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #259 on: January 04, 2020, 11:14:49 AM »
Yeah, I think you have a great thing going. And from following it off and on, it seems like you both can go on for awhile on your own thing at your own pace, but occasionally hand it back and forth as well. I think that sort of loose model would work best, though allowing for folks to pursue their interests even if that sets them further off from other characters. I also don't want to be limited to one character, as I think some have pitched. I'd like to have my own cast of characters, good and bad, etc.

I guess the short of it is something like Grey Jedi all the time is too demanding, handing it back and forth in real-time in the same scene and having to wait on the other person.. i dont want anyone to wait on me since I might disappear for days or a week or more when life gets complicated, as it often does. Occasionally getting into that tight of a back and forth would be cool but i wouldn't want to be that tightly coupled ALWAYS.

I think I'm just gonna start a thread and start writing... some day.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #260 on: January 04, 2020, 12:44:58 PM »
Hop, I totally get your point on the Long Wait in a back and forth between two peoples character that are tied together (Grey probably gets it more since he's usually waiting on me).  When you're waiting on the other person to respond in one scenario/story bit though, is when you have the opportunity to pick up and write with different ones.  Or even go backwards a little bit and write some backstory bit with that tied-down character(s) if you want to focus more on one character/set.

Ideally I think, the ONLY structure required for the whole thing is a Shared Timeline, allowing us to send our various characters arcing through other peoples various characters.

Suppose you just finish a very lengthy co-op story chapter where and another persons characters were tied together very tight through the whole thing and you want a little bit of a break from that intensive co-op.  Take a break and write a solitary story with them, if you're writing solitary then, you could even go backwards in the Shared Timeline and do some backstory on your chars that occurs previous to the agreed Shared Timeframe.

So we create a Folder for story threads.  Maybe post a character bio thread for people who want to do that apart from story development on them for sake of reference.

All the story threads in this folder, for the most part aside from 'Backstory' development, are occuring roughly within the same Time Period in the SW Galaxy.

This in total then is our Shared Story Universe.

Ideally, after awhile of this, we have a few dozen threads and hundreds of posts and Story Chapters/Bits that come to form this Collective Storyverse of ours.

Just have to disconnect ourselves from the rigid framework of the numbers style strategy game we are used to playing with.  Think of it like a Comic Book Universe.  Often times the 20 diff monthly titles Marvel or DC are publishing are all loosely or tightly intertwined.  Heroes/Villiains are constantly arcing in and out of the stories from one Title to the Other.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 12:46:52 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2021, 08:20:15 PM »
I'm ready for another mock!

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #262 on: February 09, 2021, 06:47:26 PM »
Who's interested in playing what faction if all were up for grabs?
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #263 on: February 09, 2021, 11:55:12 PM »
That depends on Hale. He didnt seem very receptive to my idea, but then is now working on the units for it so i like to hold out hope its not off the table. So im not sure.

First choice is a pirate captain utilizing TF droid units. If Hale wont allow this im unsure. Not to say i wont still play, just not sure an SL for what i would want to do.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #264 on: February 10, 2021, 09:09:27 AM »
Yeah Im primarily interested in an mainly independent angle as well.  I have a penchant for Druckenwell Arms Dealer angle and Hutt relationships.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #265 on: February 10, 2021, 09:58:56 AM »
I am guessing I will end up running a corrupt and fractured New Republic, or possibly Imperial. I am flexible. I'd like to make sure the main Imperial and NR factions are present, or at least one of them. Given the setting, it makes sense to have lots of indie variety, and with the corrupt NR angle i have i mind, it would mix well in story world with indies, crime bosses, TF, etc.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #266 on: February 10, 2021, 12:53:55 PM »

Sounds cool Hop!  I'd probably be interested in playing in to your corruption story angle a little with my main duder who is possibly going to be an Ex-Imperial Governor of Druckenwell that now pulls the strings of the Industrial Arms Complex there and has his own aspirations and agenda.

I hope to make use of mostly indep tech but I may try and sweet talk Hale for 1 small Imperial ship to be my Ex Governor dudes like a Carrack or something ;p   that'd be super sweet
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #267 on: February 11, 2021, 01:36:50 PM »
  Sounds cool Hop!  I'd probably be interested in playing in to your corruption story angle a little with my main duder who is possibly going to be an Ex-Imperial Governor of Druckenwell that now pulls the strings of the Industrial Arms Complex there and has his own aspirations and agenda.

I hope to make use of mostly indep tech but I may try and sweet talk Hale for 1 small Imperial ship to be my Ex Governor dudes like a Carrack or something ;p  that'd be super sweet
Why not just play an imperial then? You can do everything you are talking about AND not have to ask for favors. A planetary governor with aspirations of emperorship. With the added SL benefit of doing everything "behind the scenes" so as not to get caught and executed if your lucky.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #268 on: February 11, 2021, 02:55:25 PM »
No favors, just sweet talks ;p

I'd be more inclined to go pure indep than pure imp tho if my uncanny skills of flattery don't get it done.

Although, 10 Carracks would be cool.. but thats pure imp territory so def no druckenwell =(
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 03:11:13 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #269 on: February 12, 2021, 03:07:09 PM »
Sooooo.... what's the list then?

1. Ramano  - Independent/pirate/criminal org?
2. Eidolon - Independent warlord?/ex-Imperial (maybe starts with some Imperial tech)
3. Hale - Was it TF?
4. Me - Looks like a NR angle will work best for me. Not sure how to play it out just yet, though.