Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794571 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1980 on: May 11, 2013, 06:49:48 PM »
The following factions are player-backed:

New Republic
Sith Empire
The Mandalorians
Imperial Remnant (potentially someone will actually play as Thrawn, which could be exciting)
Coporate Sector Authority
Hutt Empire
Trade Federation (new and improved, with no more droids)
Hapan Star Consortium

So basically a full house. Although to be realistic... and not to discourage anyone. "Active" participation usually drops to 2/3rds of what we start out with. Sometimes running a faction can be time consuming, so if you'd prefer a more peripheral SL-only role, or one of NPC support, I'd be more than willing to find a spot for you!!

The general theme of the galactic battleground will likely be a large-scale outer rim focused conflict, with only the more traditional factions vying for Core control.

Also, a great deal of canon characters will die in the Battle of Coruscant, so essentially we are making a full departure from where previous sims have ventured. Now that JJ Abrams has carte blache to rewrite canon, all of us can throw the books out the window.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:52:41 PM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #1981 on: May 11, 2013, 09:32:50 PM »
I AM SO EXCITED.

/nerdgasm

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1982 on: May 12, 2013, 01:10:55 AM »
Also, a great deal of canon characters will die in the Battle of Coruscant, so essentially we are making a full departure from where previous sims have ventured. Now that JJ Abrams has carte blache to rewrite canon, all of us can throw the books out the window.

I have to say that anything Abrams does will probably upset a slew of people - a part of me thinks the safest bet is to actually make the thrawn trilogy into movies, and just cast other people as Luke, Han, Leia etc.

Or go about, what, 30 years? 50 years in the future? Past where the books are now, taking them into account, sure, but only as a backstory. Luke would be alive, but old. Han and Leia - they may be alive too, but old, retired.  The movies should cover uncovered time.  Otherwise, star wars history will have two separate dimensions - the books, and what George Lucas did to destroy the universe.

Worries worries worries.
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1983 on: May 12, 2013, 06:53:06 AM »
What they should have done was film Shadows of the Empire to re-cast and establish new actors, then immediately roll with films taking place directly after (or a couple years after) Endor. BUT it is what it is now.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1984 on: May 13, 2013, 09:58:16 AM »

The general theme of the galactic battleground will likely be a large-scale outer rim focused conflict, with only the more traditional factions vying for Core control.

Oh i think the Hutts would fancy a Coreward caravan of destructive demonstration!  8)
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1985 on: May 13, 2013, 10:14:40 AM »
Dont know if they'll have the resources with the Hapans crushing them under their high heels... ;)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1986 on: May 13, 2013, 12:53:24 PM »

Muchacha iggy kaka! Boonswala!

Aw man, you don't want to know what he just said =)
~J
SWSF 'til Death

LordMaligan

« Reply #1987 on: May 14, 2013, 12:51:38 AM »
Who can I be ? :(

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1988 on: May 14, 2013, 01:54:02 PM »
Whatever you want!

In GCW2, we had multiple players for the same factions operating at one point.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1989 on: May 14, 2013, 08:33:41 PM »
Ooo, I so want to pop on it!  Bit steep though.  Classic Original Piece of Extended Uni literature.  If only it were a first edition mint of the actual novel signed!

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=24351375

Maligan, you can embody a Hutt Clan (Kajidic) if you were interested.  Basically be a part of the Hutt Empire (Granee Huttuk Kajidic) I'll give you one of my start up worlds to use, Gamorr specifically.  You could be Barona of it! LEGIONS of brutish hog armies at your command!!!!  8)  You can attack anybody and I'll back you, ESPECIALLY Gregoppus!  ;)  (don't rile up NR tho! ;p) 

Just a suggestion.  Go out on a limb and try anything though!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 11:11:18 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

LordMaligan

« Reply #1990 on: May 15, 2013, 12:33:57 AM »
An imperial faction ? You mentioned needing someone for a scourge squadron role

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1991 on: May 15, 2013, 09:26:55 AM »
That's right.

Imperial Remnant, Scourge Squadron, and Warlord Zsinj were initially planned to be NPC factions. Somebody has stepped up to play Thrawn no less, so if you wanted to take the helm of Oversector Outer... that would be cool.

Zsinj is off limits. Destroying him will be one of the first Flashpoints of GCW3.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1992 on: May 19, 2013, 12:19:26 PM »
So, on a non-SW related note - I fell into Continuum on Netflix and now I'm obsessed. The second season starts on June 7th on Syfy in the US. Anyone else fancy this as much as I? I am always drawn to shows that have a plot line unlike anything else on TV (a la X-Files, Lost, etc) and Continuum certainly fits the bill. Highly recommend.
Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1993 on: May 19, 2013, 05:09:39 PM »
Well on a SW related note!!!! You guys are spending either too much time with the family, at the bar or at church!  Less pandering to your base and more writing some BoC shit!

Never seen Continuum though.  But Game of Thrones has been fantastic, from Season 1 Ep 1 to Current.

I hate me some Lannisters!

~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1994 on: May 19, 2013, 06:35:44 PM »
DOSE FUQING LANNISTAHS!!!
LUCIDIUS HALE