Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794612 times)

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1995 on: May 19, 2013, 07:42:12 PM »
I loooooove Continuum, definitely one of the best Sci-Fi shows to come out lately.  I watched the first couple episodes of Defiance.  I guess that one is also a video game?  I thought the characters/actors were really cool, but they were stuck in this really awful story.  Next season looks like it's going to be full of fun genre shows like SHIELD and Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1996 on: May 19, 2013, 10:19:41 PM »
I dont watch much sci fi series on television but i read a lot of them in comic books. Saga has been something special.  Anyone thats ever found a graphic novel theyve loved should check out the trade paper back compilations.  Buying the comic book issues would be prohibitively costly at this point.  Its a gripping story line.  Two members of separate species that have forever been at war, male and female, fall in love, somehow breed, both sides want them dead because of what they and their hybrid offspring represent.  Blends sci fi and fantasy elements.  Tells the unfolding tale from many angles.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

LordMaligan

« Reply #1997 on: May 22, 2013, 09:39:02 AM »
Would love a game of thrones type sim RPGs.   The books are great.  Rich in background

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1998 on: May 22, 2013, 06:22:30 PM »
I went through a major Spartacus binge, just to discover Vikings when I was done. I will have to look into this Continuum.

Sorry about my lack of activity on the board. I've just been aloof lately. Seems I'm either at the work, gym, or playing SWTOR.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #1999 on: May 22, 2013, 08:47:48 PM »
I recently got back into TOR! And it has definitely sucked away some time I had put aside for writing.  I've been playing mostly Republic side on Ebon Hawk.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2000 on: May 23, 2013, 08:39:20 PM »
Video games bad.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2001 on: May 24, 2013, 10:41:01 AM »
::evil eye::
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #2002 on: May 24, 2013, 11:53:32 AM »
Is it still 15.00 a month?
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2003 on: May 24, 2013, 03:16:28 PM »
It went F2P with some paid options.  My temptation is to grab SWG and go play on the emulation server.....  But seeing as I'm already so busy as to not be able to write a bit into the BoC plot....  I'm thinking that might be a bad idea.
- Ranes

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2004 on: May 24, 2013, 08:27:49 PM »
Writing is free!  And a mind enhancing creative outlet!

I got bored w TOR after first couple months.  Generally not in to MMORPGs though, ever since FFXI I had an aswesome Tarutaru and his name was Phallus.  I got to level 12 and some GM douche sucked me in to a censorship against scientific term dungeon and stomped my character out so I called him a nazi and refused to ever play again.

I MISS YOU PHALLUS!  :'(
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #2005 on: May 24, 2013, 10:03:48 PM »
TOR went F2P and has actually done pretty well since making the switch.  You can enjoy the majority of the game without having to spend a dime.

And I'm going to start my writing riiiiiiight........ now. :D

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #2006 on: May 28, 2013, 12:21:37 AM »
Yeah so planning the Battle of Coruscant around Memorial Day Weekend... bad foresight on my part y'all!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

LordMaligan

« Reply #2007 on: May 29, 2013, 12:09:22 AM »
Did we decide how I will fit in ?

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2008 on: May 29, 2013, 01:28:21 PM »
Gang Bang rules dude.  Get in where you fit in.  You are responsible for your own safety and performance and any lines you may or may not cross. =)

BUT SERIOUSLY, thought you had stated Imperialist leanings and Hale had mentioned a need/room for Scourge Squadron?  (i.e. Residual Imperial faction in the Outer Rim!)

That'd be cool and nice to have some lingering Imperial representation besides NPCs which would be expected in the Galaxy!  But you can basically do whatever you want.  Pick an angle your comfortable and excited about "embodying" through the transpiring of writing and gameplay.

Me -> Hutts
Hale -> NR
Hoppus -> Hapans
RanesDsane -> Evolved Trade Fed type faction
Dementat -> Mandalorians Rise
Rinny -> Freelancer/Scoundrel/Scrapper/Opportunist Type (I believe)
GalPizi  -> Corporate Sector (last I was aware).
XCal -> Sith Imperialist Faction. Byss, Korriban etc. (last I knew)

Hale also mentioned someone was going to embody "Thrawn", who was previously set to be an NPC so present in the Galaxy anyways.  Then you had flirted with Scourge Squadron.  But like I said, if you have second thoughts about Imperialism, you can do anything that somebody else already directly isn't, or if you want to be involved in a faction/with somebody else, hit one of us up PM and see if one would be interested.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:53:38 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #2009 on: May 29, 2013, 03:11:46 PM »
IF!?!?!IF!?!?!??!?!
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!