Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794538 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1935 on: April 07, 2013, 11:14:50 PM »
HOW DO WE KILL IT? ;p

can't wait for transition! IIs been great, III promises to be pinnacle with the continuity and game developments.

Battle of Coruscant is bound to last a long time I'd think.  But when are we potentially looking at for release of III finished content/launch ready if a date/frame is even predictable?
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1936 on: April 08, 2013, 12:28:11 AM »
With a Mid-May end date with the Death Star III, chances are we might have the Battle of Coruscant on May 15th... at which point GCW:II will freeze and the next two weeks can be used for BoC. The Endor FP lasted roughly a week and half all things considered, but this promises to be more of an SL-driven even than combat-driven, so I'd like to afford people with the most time to participate in the finale. That'll also give Greg and I some time to put on the finishing touches to Episode III. If the community was ready, we could do a soft launch of III as early as June 1st to allow transitional SLs to happen before an "open season" on June 15th. I'll open up a separate thread for the Battle of Coruscant discussion, considering we need to kill off a bunch of major characters, the Death Star, and give everybody the ending they want for their characters and what not.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #1937 on: April 08, 2013, 11:11:57 AM »
Can't wait for CSA to come around in EPIII.
I might just start sooner if I have time. We shall see!
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1938 on: April 08, 2013, 01:04:20 PM »
Hmm....sounds like I need to get writing!
- Ranes

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1939 on: April 08, 2013, 01:20:16 PM »
I think you overestimate Coruscant's chances...

I'm looking forward to a rebirth of the Mandalorians ;-)
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1940 on: April 08, 2013, 07:31:39 PM »
Schedule sounds great Hale, thanks for a solid update! Looking forward to the Battle and a fresh start!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1941 on: April 10, 2013, 07:51:17 PM »
I remain in the midst of the migration and launch of a new big site on the network, and as I'm the guy in charge my hours are unreasonable still.

I am still here though and plan on being part of it all! Looking forward to read the big battle at Coruscant.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1942 on: April 10, 2013, 07:58:17 PM »
Lego Star Wars cartoon. Just saw an episode for first time. Its actually pretty cleverly done and pretty entertaining!  Alright Jabbas involved now, its damn entertaining!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1943 on: April 10, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »
Ok, 5 mins in to a second 'sode.  If u guys havent caught this shit yet you seriously need to check it out.  Almost like PG13 version of Robot Chicken SW done w Legos.  Each scene gets better than last.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1944 on: April 12, 2013, 09:32:18 AM »
The wife is going out of town from Sunday-Wednesday for business so i'm all alone in south america a few days... you know i'm going wild... and going to try to program a basic version of the empire mgmt app in those four days!! woohoo!

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1945 on: April 12, 2013, 11:14:12 AM »
Wheee! Yay for alone time!

Also, my posts look strange after that site hickup. There are all these question marks and symbols and it looks generally horrible. Is that something on my end or the site end?
Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1946 on: April 12, 2013, 01:54:16 PM »
That happens to me sometimes when I edit a post in a browser (i.e. IE) that it was not created in (i.e. Firefox), at least that seems to be the dynamic of it.   Some tech savvy shit to do with language I guess.  It seems that the ?s replace double spaces after a period and sometimes apostrophes.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1947 on: April 12, 2013, 04:52:34 PM »
When you write posts in WORD or some other place, characters such as: " are often generated in stylized form - not basic ASCII chars... whatever. When you paste it into the form here and submit, the web doesnt have support for that quote character from word so chaos comes out instead.

When the DB issue happened, it repaired itself, and any such chars that maybe were okay before probably had something similar happen to them.

My recommendation in future is write posts in Notepad or some other simple, no "Rich Text" editor, then paste it in... I'll look into this though, might be simple adjustment I can make to fix it.

Can you send link to an example?

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1948 on: April 12, 2013, 05:48:39 PM »
This is how I write my shiz:

I have a MS Word file that I write out drafts in then tighten them up as I go along. Once I'm finished, I open up that hoteditor link (http://www.ecardmax.com/hoteditor/) and paste it in. Then I stylize the crap out of it and copy/paste it into the forum, preview it to ensure it looks so niiice then post as usual. Up until last week, it worked like a charm. There was never a problem with the text converting the symbols (like quotations, commas and punctuation) into the forum itself. Now it just looks shady. I'm not doing anything differently on my end so I was just wondering.
Syren

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1949 on: April 12, 2013, 05:52:52 PM »
Example: My last post in Refuge.

Do you see on it on your end? There are ? in the place where comma's and quotations should be. Everything else looks fine. It's so strange.
Syren