Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794376 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1905 on: March 01, 2013, 11:16:45 AM »
Wake up, Wake up, Wake up! It's the First of the Mooooonth!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1906 on: March 01, 2013, 11:02:29 PM »
Those Tier 1 unit ISD-IIs don't come cheap. lol
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1907 on: March 02, 2013, 11:59:43 AM »
its' the bells, whistles and gammas that really bite the wallet!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1908 on: March 09, 2013, 10:09:39 AM »
Hey thank you to everyone who made it out to the Flashpoint. I know we all had some IRL stuff to take care of, which really prevented an in-depth joint SL opportunity... but nonetheless these events will surely echo into GCWIII!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1909 on: March 12, 2013, 11:52:28 AM »
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/02/battle-of-hoth/

a nicely worded and illustrated dissection of the Battle of Hoth!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1910 on: March 12, 2013, 05:16:49 PM »
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/02/battle-of-hoth/

a nicely worded and illustrated dissection of the Battle of Hoth!

On a similar note, imagine if the first Death Star hadn't been the only imperial vessel at Yavin IV.  Or, if it hadn't been there at all.
A dozen star destroyers would have reduced the rebel base at the Massassai Temple to rubble.
And maybe sending out a FEW more TIE fighters during the dogfight

Oh, and how about, not creating an exhaust port that if hit by a proton torpedo, would cause a space station the size of a moon to explode.
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1911 on: March 12, 2013, 06:30:23 PM »
That's what happens when you outsource labor.  ;)

Also, I got married in Mexico. Did I not mention that? With the exception of his best friends and the girls, you are the only ones that know. Take that traditon. Ain't nobody got time for that! Once this joyous news spreads, there will be familial outrage. I expect weeping and gnashing of teeth. At least my boss will stop throwing shade my way now that they passed civil unions today. Go nuts! Like, literally. And I didn't have to deal with my sister's sniping. Bonus. Just sun, sand, good friends and a five star resort. Elegant yet low maintenance. I feel I'm growing as a person.
Syren

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1912 on: March 12, 2013, 06:44:16 PM »
Well well well, looks like somebody found her Han Solo.  ;D Congrats!   :D

Eloping is the norm for our generation, so all the haters can suck it!!!

Best wishes to you and your new Mister! We are honored with your EXCLUSIVE announcement to the Forum vis-a-vis Family.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1913 on: March 12, 2013, 07:56:46 PM »
Oh, and how about, not creating an exhaust port that if hit by a proton torpedo, would cause a space station the size of a moon to explode.

Proof that humans are the dumbest sentients in the galaxy!

Rakatan slaves  ::)

Also, I got married in Mexico. Did I not mention that? With the exception of his best friends and the girls, you are the only ones that know. Take that traditon. Ain't nobody got time for that! Once this joyous news spreads, there will be familial outrage. I expect weeping and gnashing of teeth. At least my boss will stop throwing shade my way now that they passed civil unions today. Go nuts! Like, literally. And I didn't have to deal with my sister's sniping. Bonus. Just sun, sand, good friends and a five star resort. Elegant yet low maintenance. I feel I'm growing as a person.

Congrats Karen! For all your talk I knew womanly instinct would take over and you'd submit to the way of things one day! ;)

I hope you didn't eat the stew! it's full of liquified people over there  :o

Re: Eloping.  Yes, should me and my Earth ever wed this will be preferred method.  For me personally it'd be more romantic anyways when it's just the two of you and your boundless love!! mmmmm  :D  .  Not to mention I've grown quite averse to traditionally expected social performances through the years. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:12:00 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1914 on: March 12, 2013, 09:21:12 PM »
Thanks! Eloping was def the way to go. My parents are dead and his, while lovely people, are all crazed for some insanely elaborate ceremony with all the bells and whistles. Usually, I would go for this because I'm a giant attention whore who never refuses a chance to capitalize on an opportunity for presents I don't need and will inevitably return for other things. But we both work in highly demanding positions that I'm not about to compromise to plan a day of madness because why? We're supposed to? Fuck that noise! I did not claw my way to the executive level just to suddenly bow before social norms. I'm a conceited bitch who fell in love with a giant computer geek and somehow, the fairy tale works. Plus he tolerates my Star Wars obsession and has listened to my very valid complaints against the prequels and grounded fears about the upcoming sequels and proposed spin-off movies that threaten to rape my very childhood yet again. The notion of seeing wrinkled fat Leia and meth face Luke onscreen is enough to make me do something irrational. If Han gets botoxed to shit and doesn't act like a giant blowhard, it might work. I stress might.

This is what IT-Guy has to contend with. The passing mention of Lucas and his rooster neck droop sends me into a state!

The point is, love prevails. We made a command decision and went with it. His friends were awesome and supportive. Mine played right into type. Melanie was my maid of honor despite killing me in the storyline. Kimber got lost twice in our own resort. Valerie slept with at least two locals, one of the groomsmen and three of the staff, perhaps all at once in some tequila fueled Mexican orgy.

And I would not have had it any other way.
Syren

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1915 on: March 13, 2013, 12:11:46 AM »
Gratz on all the happy-happy-joy-joy stuff!  As for the impending drama, good luck, and may the Force be with you.  Also, don't sweat the new Disney movies.  Now that I know Luke and Ben Skywalker are in it, Im more convinced than ever that the movies take place after the last of the books and that the series is in good hands.  It WILL be better than the prequels, and, lets face it, it really can't be better than the original trilogy.
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1916 on: March 13, 2013, 07:46:12 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_sequel_trilogy

Seems to be a good compilation of info including references to the ORIGINAL plans for movies 7, 8 and 9 back in the 80s by Lucas as well as numerous points mentioned since the Disney acquisition.  Since Lucas retains Creative Counseling input on the next 3, I firmly believe it will stick somewhat to the original 7 8 9 plan.  I don't think the Extended Uni content will even be considered in terms of weaving it in to the overall storyline content, while they may keep the timeline removed enough to leave the Extended Uni Novel content room to breathe, I don't think any of it is going to play much of a role in the story the movies are going to tell.  At least myself I hope they don't anyways.

Lucas may have got bought out of ownership from the profits for a one time lump sum, but he did craft the first 6.  I don't think Disney is going to stray too far from the original intent.  It will be Star Wars, so it will be good regardless.  Even if there's 10 Jar Jars and 20 droids Vader built and forgot about! *grumble grumble*
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #1917 on: March 17, 2013, 01:29:29 PM »
Congrats! Married life is awesome Enjoy it.

Also.I am still here and will be waiting till GCW III to play since I am dealing with a very ill father. I figured why dive in now when I can wait for the fresh start?!?!
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1918 on: March 17, 2013, 07:48:17 PM »
Check this out!

Was the destruction of the Death Star an inside job?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m__ya_-G0Y
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #1919 on: March 18, 2013, 07:31:29 PM »
Haha someone sent that to me yesterday, hysterical!!  ;D