Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793887 times)

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1395 on: October 29, 2012, 11:42:38 PM »
Yes, Red Dawn and the Cabin in the Woods were both shot then put on hold when MgM went bankrupt. It also stalled the latest Bond flick. But now that they got it sorted out, Cabin was already released, Bond set to do so next month and Dawn a bit later, if not into next year. My step father is in the industry so I keep up with the trades so I have superficial yet somewhat insightful knowledge when I ring the house on occasion to check on him.

Wishing everyone on the east coast the best. IT-Guy stupidly flew into Richmond yesterday for a business trip he thinks he's going to complete there, DC and NY. I told him to scrap it and go next week but noooo, someone had to be a professional. Now he's trapped and I can watch my DVRed General Hospital without the color commentary. "Oh look, it's the hospital...that is general." This girl loves her soap. Just the one. I used to watch it every afternoon with my mother when I was little and never stopped. Made the mistake of watching the Walking Dead yesterday evening and freaked myself the hell out all alone in the house. Slept with the bedroom door locked. IT-Guy teased that I'm less scared of zombies than I am of someone setting my closet on fire. True. *sigh I love that man.
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1396 on: October 30, 2012, 06:35:49 AM »
Hes not going to NYC. That place is utterly devastated. No transit service, 3 mil people without power, half of manhattan is under water, a dam break and levi breaches, and currently queens is burning to the ground and both airports are under water.

No, you cant get into NYC right now.

However, did anyone get any info on the building that collapsed? I heard about it last night, now nothing?

Edit: As of 6:32am est time the director of FEMA has warned everyone to stay away from NYC and New Jersey, it will take days if not weeks to get things up and running again.

Edit Edit: All plane and train service into DC is suspended as well, so he's not going there either, lol.

Edit Edit Edit: Yeah, not sure if anyone wants to know this one but the New Jersey Oyster Creek Nuclear Power Facility has issued an alert due to its pumps being submerged by storm surge. If anyone is in that area, might be a good time to get out before it ends up another Fukashima.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:53:55 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1397 on: October 30, 2012, 08:30:38 AM »
All clear in Virginia.

Richmond should be safe for IT-guy, it's literally a city on a hill, so all the water runs into the James River sooner or later. Richmond has some great restaurants so if he's stuck there and likes food, Urbanspoon it!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1398 on: October 30, 2012, 09:18:44 AM »
Well being in Richmond he should be able to catch a flight home if he dont want to be there. They didnt get hit very bad and should have the airports operational again.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1399 on: October 30, 2012, 09:20:39 AM »
IT-Guy teased that I'm less scared of zombies than I am of someone setting my closet on fire. True. *sigh I love that man.

Now, imagine a zombie breaking into your home and he sets your closet on fire!

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1400 on: October 30, 2012, 04:42:43 PM »
Disney just bought Lucasfilm for $4Billion.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 04:44:17 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1401 on: October 30, 2012, 05:05:57 PM »
HELP ME OBI-WAN KENOBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1402 on: October 30, 2012, 05:31:11 PM »
full story, apparently Disney is aiming for one new SW movie per 2-3yrs after launching Ep 7 in 2015.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/30/technology/disney-buys-lucasfilm/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

i dunno.  how much worse than EP I could any SW film get?

There were those 2 Ewok/Endor oriented movies that I think were in co op with Disney, at least they aired on Disney infrequently anyways.

Ep 7, THE RETURN OF CINDEL
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1403 on: October 30, 2012, 09:47:27 PM »
Heya Dem, in regards to the Eriadu populace... its not like we just base delta zero'd the planet lmao. Its a targeted bombardment of a military installation, so unless Eriadu is one of those massive planet cities, I highly doubt we are "setting communities ablaze with their indiscriminate fire." My men have better aim then that hahaha!

On a side note, this shit is great. We need to figure a way to institute propaganda bonus's or something. Perhaps maybe Hale just take a more "action/consequence" position on SLs. Do like a real D&D DM and be like: "Ok, realistically that BMIC would be located inside a city. You just basically blew it off the earth, imperials on the planet are broadcasting it planetwide (or at least assumed from his SL) and as such a consequence happens." Could be anything from mission objectives now take longer time to complete. Or perhaps the people are so angered by it a small militia raises up added to the defense. Any number of things really, would be at GMs discretion.

We would just have to make a gentlemens agreement that, if we go this route, the GMs consequence rulings are UNCHALLENGEABLE. You may whine about it lightly, but you may not argue against it, ask for a ruling against it, or do anything other then cry like a beat child if you get fucked up. Cause lets face it, watching a person cry about getting fucked up is mildly amusing. Not to mention it would put a solid emphasis on storylining with our posts. Any SL could reward or punish you due to your actions, or lack there of. Thoughts?

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1404 on: October 30, 2012, 09:52:47 PM »
i dunno.  how much worse than EP I could any SW film get?

The Ewok Adventure... the prosecution rests. And yes, that was the Disney one. Oh... I sense disturbance in the force. A darkness on the horizon. As if an entire galaxy cried out at once, and was suddenly... disgusted...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:54:59 PM by Ramano »

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1405 on: November 01, 2012, 10:03:59 AM »
So can I get a time frame on how long people are planning on Chapter 2 lasting yet here. Im not trying to start a big storyline to have the game over in a month...

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1406 on: November 01, 2012, 10:37:41 AM »
Realistically, 2~3 months. Commence big Storylines!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1407 on: November 01, 2012, 11:32:37 PM »
Umm, im not sure what you know about complex SLs Hale but it will take me that long just to chapter out him discovering his powers...

And I apologize for my absence as of late, IRL problems and halloween there limited my availability. With all due respect, my children are more important then a game lol.

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1408 on: November 01, 2012, 11:39:16 PM »
It's good to know that SOMETHING is  :P
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1409 on: November 02, 2012, 08:28:36 AM »
Yes yes, its unfortunate I know but as I said, im not a kid anymore and thus responsibilities tend to get the better of me. Damn these reproductive organs... lol