Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793970 times)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1380 on: October 24, 2012, 09:29:35 PM »
Ok, quick question about Eriadu. The rules state this:

Logistics
Infantry and Vehicles cannot move from one Ground Grid to the other because these regions represent vast continental zones and as such are "unmarchable".
Ground-to-Ground Combat
All infantry and vehicles must be in the same Ground Grid in order to attack each other.

My question is this, is there ANY plausible way for Dem to attack my forces there in GA-3, other then the BMIC there, without his character being at the planet with its abilities?

Edit: Addendum to the question as every other conceivable scenario is plotted under the combat rules but this, can ships in the atmosphere target the ground?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:38:37 PM by Ramano »

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1381 on: October 24, 2012, 10:19:38 PM »
Atmospheric Bombardment
Capital ships that are in the Atmosphere may fire at targets on the surface freely with a -1 UCR penalty. Ion cannons have no effect on infantry or vehicles.

From the rules. Must be atmospheric capable though.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1382 on: October 25, 2012, 02:15:12 PM »
Hey Med, dont you live in the northern Appalachian mountains in the New England area? I thought I remember you saying something along those lines a while back, and if so, you should start making preparations. If this hurricane meets up with that cold air pressure front over New York your going to be looking at like 10-16 FEET of snow. As a person who lives in Wisconsin and has seen 2 feet of snow at one time, you dont want to be stuck in that, your roof wont hold it. I wouldnt be quite so worried yet, but if that thing makes a turn back towards land you might want to evacuate from that one.

And if your not in the mountains, probably not that big of a deal then.

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1383 on: October 25, 2012, 07:48:06 PM »
Hey Med, dont you live in the northern Appalachian mountains in the New England area? I thought I remember you saying something along those lines a while back, and if so, you should start making preparations. If this hurricane meets up with that cold air pressure front over New York your going to be looking at like 10-16 FEET of snow. As a person who lives in Wisconsin and has seen 2 feet of snow at one time, you dont want to be stuck in that, your roof wont hold it. I wouldnt be quite so worried yet, but if that thing makes a turn back towards land you might want to evacuate from that one.

And if your not in the mountains, probably not that big of a deal then.

I live in the D.C. area.  if we get six inches of snow, the whole world comes crashing to an end. Federal and local governments close.  Originally from NJ, where we at least knew how to walk in 3 feet of snow (my grandparents are from Rochester, so they basically laughed at anything less than six feet).
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1384 on: October 25, 2012, 07:57:29 PM »
I went to school in Geneseo. My Wife is from uruguay but lived in Brighton - I'm from Buffalo. Small world!

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1385 on: October 25, 2012, 08:07:26 PM »
Thats good, just make sure you get the meat taken care of in the fridge in case of power outages, curl up with a blanket at home and all should be well. No real worry of major snow like that except at the higher elevations. But when the news starts talking 10 FEET of snow, I start checking where people live. The Franken-snowicane. Kind of fitting for halloween though lmao.

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1386 on: October 25, 2012, 09:22:41 PM »
Thats good, just make sure you get the meat taken care of in the fridge in case of power outages, curl up with a blanket at home and all should be well. No real worry of major snow like that except at the higher elevations. But when the news starts talking 10 FEET of snow, I start checking where people live. The Franken-snowicane. Kind of fitting for halloween though lmao.

hurricane won't bring cold to DC - only north and mountains.

But we are expecting rain.  and wind.  Lots of rain and wind.
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1387 on: October 25, 2012, 09:22:59 PM »
Snow in D.C. can shut down the Government for a few days? God, please give us a superstorm!
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1388 on: October 26, 2012, 09:46:24 AM »
Post modified at Thyferra. Guess it makes my question about the IPV irrelevant then, lol.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1389 on: October 26, 2012, 02:36:27 PM »
FRAKENSTORM!!! I live in southeast Virginia so it's hurricane party time.

Oh BTW, tomorrow night I'm going to a Halloween party... and totally rocking the cheapo Vader costume! Oh yeah! I'm thinking as soon as I step through the door and people say hello to me, I'll give em the "You may dispense with the pleasantries..." line.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 07:03:54 PM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1390 on: October 27, 2012, 10:33:29 AM »
This is why I like living off of Lake Michigan. All the ocean-type experience, none of the extreme weather. And I dare you to tell the difference. Ocean, body of water so large you cant see the other side. Lake Michigan... body of water so large you cant see the other side. And yes, there are big super tanker ships way off shore too.

However, if I get stranded in Lake Michigan, I can drink the water, lol.

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1391 on: October 27, 2012, 10:44:56 AM »
Nice Hale! I was thinking about dressing up as a Mirialan Jedi. Not sure yet.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1392 on: October 28, 2012, 11:36:28 AM »
The Vader costume was a hit... I made a little toddler cry. The iconic Dark Lord still strikes fear!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1393 on: October 29, 2012, 12:56:39 PM »
Take cover med, its making landfall like 20 miles north of you, and it got stronger!

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1394 on: October 29, 2012, 06:43:13 PM »
there's a remake of Red Dawn now?

when will it end  :'(
~J
SWSF 'til Death