Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793676 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1005 on: July 26, 2012, 03:56:57 PM »
Even better, I'll throw in a "Surrender" clause to the Invasion Mission, so that even if the system does surrender, you'll still have to go through the bureaucracy and logistics of standing down the troops and replacing them with your own. No free meal tickets.

Let's move on and play!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1006 on: July 26, 2012, 04:16:38 PM »
Thats even better and tightens it up in terms of time invested for results. Thank you.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1007 on: July 26, 2012, 04:26:09 PM »
Wow, I guess I apologize for stepping up and doing what I was asked to do on here. Good to know that any time something happens that Hop, Gall and Eid dont like, even if they arnt involved that its still going to be an issue that I some how caused. Perhaps like hale said, you guys could maybe get over yourselves long enough to play the game?

And yes I accept your apology Hop, but this shit is starting to get a bit old. Thats 3 times now you've hung me out to dry for shit that not only was I ok'd in doing, but was asked to do by the people involved. Its stated unless you say not to, that im in charge of neutral PDF, and I will play it as realistically as I see fit with in the scope of the rules, and hales wishes for the overall direction of the game. If you feel 10 squads of troops should take on a star destroyer to the death, no one said you couldnt ask to take over and see them to their death. Basically im trying to say, I know you dont like me, but maybe you could back off a few steps and understand im not here to wreck the damn game. I helped build it for fuck sake.

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1008 on: July 26, 2012, 06:14:33 PM »
I"M DONE!!!! WOOHOOO!!!! FREEDOM!!!  FREEDOM!!!!!

::DOES A VICTORY DANCE::

::stops, looks around::

oh wait - that's not what everyone here is talking about?

Thanks, Kar for your good-luck wishes!  I am (G-d willing) done with taking the bar exam and one step closer to being a practicing attorney.  I promise to get back into our SL early next week, once I have recovered a bit.

As for the rest of you:  I don't really care who is responsible for doing what or what not.  The rule of thumb should be this - if you have fun playing, play; if not, don't.  It's not like any of us can reach through the computer and suck the joy out of us (though that would be a pretty nifty trick).  So have fun, and ignore anything that negatively impacts your play in the game.  Now, if you'll excuse me.

::runs out, dancing:: WOOHOO!!!!!
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1009 on: July 26, 2012, 08:03:42 PM »
Yay! So proud of you! No worries, I needed a bit of character introduction and development for the supporting cast.
Syren

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1010 on: July 27, 2012, 10:39:14 AM »
It's Friday!!!

Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1011 on: July 27, 2012, 10:49:53 AM »
Grats med

And whats your point syren? Why is friday so special? Guess I missed a memo somewhere.

And its so quiet because well, no one wants to say anything in fear they give fuel to someone with an agenda. So not much else to do but sit around and wait for the 1st to collect income...

Edit: And for the record, no im not just going to relegate myself to a back corner somewhere like a good little tool after spending full days of my time helping to create this. Now im getting real tired of people holding the game hostage to get their way. Thats the shit I used to do, and it was most decidedly agreed it was unacceptable. This game was built for 3 or 4 of us to have a good time with what free time we had to give. It was not here to be a 10 person bitch-fest by people who have no ability to play as a group, no ability to compromise on anything, and only want to make my life miserable because your bored little men with no life and no reason to live. We had a working rule set, things had been tested and worked, and look, now because of 1 persons fit and agenda against me, we are for all working purposes on pause and right back in build mode again.

The fact of the matter is, I was asked to do all the bitch work that no one else has time to do, such as PDF and reading through every post for minor rule infringements. It was also stated if you didnt want me involved in your stuff, you could simply make a 1 line few word sentence saying so and I would happily not involve myself. So this shit happening now is unacceptable and im dropping the hammer. There is no excuse if you want to be here you cant put your past bullshit on hold and at least be civil. Look at me and med, I absolutely cant stand that fucker, but id still be honored to have him come play, and can be civil enough to at least not have a snide comment about his hard work doing something with his life.

So in closing, if you dont like the rule set, by all means dont play. If you have an opinion or suggestion about something, by all means we are all ears to hear it. But no more of this bullshit "well we are going to change this or I quit" nonsense. If you dont want to play, fine, dont play, and please, keep your opinions of the game to yourself as we dont care to hear it if you dont want to be here. It doesnt take 3 days worth of OOC posts, trolls, and flaming to quit. Quit being a Ramano and either leave quietly, or play the fucking game!

Ok, im sorry and done now.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:13:49 AM by Ramano »

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1012 on: July 27, 2012, 11:46:48 AM »
Also on a more rule related note. I say fuck the redo on the missions and just go back to the original format where we have some missions, you can do them, perhaps even institute some rewards for doing them, but at no time leave our actions dependent upon them. And Hop, I apologize but your just going to have to understand that no one is telling you that you cant, or even shouldnt play the SL you have picked, but you need to know your going to be playing from a disadvantaged position. But isnt that the point of it after all, any idiot can play an imperial character, but it takes skill, activity, and devotion to pull off a good rebel one. You also need to trust in our alliance. Im not going to leave you out to dry dude, our OOC bullshit is exactly that, OOC and should be kept out of the game. I will happily sacrifice my flagship to keep one of your planets under your control. So yeah, under the original rules things would be slower for you, but your position isnt as bad as your making it out to be. As I said all along, my character is still very much a friend to the republic, he just doesnt agree with your rules of engagement, thus why he broke away in the first place.

But yeah, having all this structure where all your actions you can make are dependent upon some obscure mission system feels to me like we are sucking all the creativity and free-forum aspect out of the game. It makes it no longer an RPG. It just makes it feel too much like StarCraft II, and starcraft II sucked... I dont want our game to suck. =(

Edit: For example, for the diplomacy mission, perhaps we could up the rewards for it. That way yes, its slower to do diplomacy, but the added rewards for taking a planet diplomatically equal out the disadvantage players would have at not being allowed to invade a planet due to a creative storyline. Say at 5 days you get a 1 time addition of 500KCs, and any planet that goes through the full 20 days of diplomacy action gets a 1000KC starting bonus and gets to keep its original PDF. Likewise we could say a planet thats been invaded, once under your control has nothing on it as far as defenses. Either they were destroyed or captured from planetary rebellion activity, and the planet forever looses its planetary bonus. (IE: Bespin would never get the 100KC per action day bonus cause it was conquered by an invasion)

With the above system, bonus's for using diplomacy are great, meaning its worthwhile to do it, likewise there are penalties involved with invading a planet to get it instantly. This would in essence eliminate the penalty for Hops SL, while still not limiting every action in the game to some mission protocol.

Edit Edit: See, if you just give us a chance to address concerns before slamming people with attacks, accusations, and wholly unrealistic scenario's we can accomplish things to a satisfactory end. Civilly I might add!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:03:15 PM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1013 on: July 27, 2012, 12:19:38 PM »
All great ideas Ram, but with all the change that has happened lately, I'd prefer to let the dust settle and see how the game functions as is for the time being. In a month or so we can revisit the Missions to see if they are hindering or helping the game out.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1014 on: July 27, 2012, 12:41:22 PM »
Good job, Medivh!
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1015 on: August 01, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »
It's so quiet. Not even crickets. Where is everybody?
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1016 on: August 01, 2012, 09:31:03 PM »
I was in Hospital, Ram put voodoo on me.  Touche. ;p

God damn garage crickets though.

Do you think they think the echo is more crickets?

Chewie's gettin a movie apparently!

http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/02/13084710-fanboys-director-preps-film-about-star-wars-chewbacca-actor?lite
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:20:02 AM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1017 on: August 02, 2012, 08:06:57 PM »
For the record, if I put voodoo on you, you'd have been hit by a bus doing at least 50mph. Your not worth toying with, id just kill you and wash my hands of it.

And im in the process of dealing with IRL bullshit, both cars broke down and trying to figure out where to get the money to get them fixed, a law firm trying to force me to sell my house, and still cleaning up from the storm last week. Probably gunna be out of commission for another couple days yet, then I got court on Monday and again on the 16th. Monday for the lawfirm, and on the 16th for the ticket I got for telling the guy on the phone he could force me into bankruptcy only with the help of the national guard behind him. They tend to take that kind of thing seriously now days, lol.

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1018 on: August 02, 2012, 08:26:20 PM »
Aw, you are such a ball of sunshine!  ;)
Syren

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1019 on: August 03, 2012, 01:32:55 AM »
Put your children up for sale. Problem solved.
(\/)ighty RE