Author Topic: IGE sim from AOL (early-mid 1990s)...  (Read 54412 times)

Offline Valak

• SWSF Member
IGE sim from AOL (early-mid 1990s)...
« on: May 20, 2010, 04:38:27 PM »
Anybody here from the old AOL Star Wars Sim Forum - IGE sim... it ran for a few good years in the early-mid 1990s. Just looking to reconnect with a few old friends...

Valak

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
Re: IGE sim from AOL (early-mid 1990s)...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 04:39:49 PM »
I remember it but wasn't a member. If you still have the itch, feel free to join our new After Endor sim.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 07:24:27 PM »
I was NIO, who was affiliated with IGE for about five and a half minutes and I was also NASG for a while... so... no, sorry.  Always room around here though, and odds are decent that somebody will show up eventually.  My original problem, when searching for a reincarnated board, was that I always looked for "Space Wars Sim Forum" since thats what AOL made us change the name to.  Maybe if we add that to the board we'll get a few more old timers showing up.
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 10:47:43 AM »
I IGEd very briefly when I first started simming before I FPed for a minute then moved to AE when Lee and Wedge and I forget who else dropped it. 

Likely under handle IGE Weller, think it was Triton or some name similar to that whos fleet I was in but never really get deep in to it.  Think it was waning at the time.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

CyStar

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 08:20:23 PM »
Heh.. I remember IGE. 

~Cy

SPFKasimir

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 07:38:03 PM »
Yes the IGE was my first sim! I was commissioned originally under Admiral Darkstel of the Black Armada aka "The Horde". Lt. Damian Lancer, commander of the Modified Frigate Emperor's Wrath. God those were good times... I still keep in touch with IGE Triton, Darkstar, Darkheart, and others. Anyone know where General Cole went? I believe his sn was JudgeDad...

I later had characters in other sims such as Lord Demetrius Kasimir, second in command of the Imperial Royal Guard, as well as Moff Tyrus and General Graklor. Anyone ever know what happened to Emperor Bain or Enroad? or Warlord Ariakas?

I remember you CyStar ;)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 04:00:25 PM »
Where the hell is IGE Vanguard?
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

JHarcourt

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 02:01:17 AM »
I'll echo the "Where is Vanguard?" question.

As "captshetz" on swsf/nasg and leader of the Ashes of the Rebellion, I had the pleasure to be completely pwned by IGE.

absdisc

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 06:34:13 AM »
Imperial Galactic Empire, sweet memories..

In the begining all imperials suffered trial after trial, candidates came and left, some were died valiantly during the battle, some betrayed and ran to rebels, some were fired, but after a year of hard work and building the empire took shape, the end result was nothing but a piece of art.  

Through the changes of the leadership, a great brother and sisterhood was born. No matter is on or off the board, we help each other to create a legend, admirals, generals, high ranking officers and newbies, dark jedi or sith, emperor or empress, prince and princesses, moffs and governors, we looked after one another both on chat and the board.

The long and strong operating history of IGE is based on this friendship, "The Empire within", everyone fights for the new order, everyone participates for the battle, every single member of the Imperial Galactic Empire stood still for one cause. To unite the universe!

No one quits, both on and off the board. Tough, and precise training, uncanny team work combined with structured leadership, IGE simply dominated the SWSF Boards and conquered all our enemies.  

From early 90s to 2000, IGE become a true well oiled machine, and definitely a force to b reckoned with, all because the hard work and dedication of each and every members.

from GOOSEPOP/IGESIEGE in Seoul, Korea since 2005

In memoir of Bane, Cystar, Valak, Vanguard, Darkstar, Setharion, Abe, Baker, Magnus and many other fallen brothers and sisters
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 06:38:23 AM by absdisc »

LoganTristar

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 08:09:20 PM »
OMG it's Cy!  It's 'Rebkiller' from way back when.  I used to do IGE with ya ;D

Heh.. I remember IGE. 

~Cy

nerdygrl

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 10:02:48 AM »
I was Venom72424 back in the day :D Wow this is a blast from the past...

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 11:12:33 AM »
I remember that SN

nerdygrl

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 02:15:59 AM »
Still have the AIM account actually :) I'm excited this is still around!

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 12:06:39 PM »
Still have the AIM account actually :) I'm excited this is still around!

legends never die ;p
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Cole

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 06:43:54 PM »
How did I know that there would still be some of us kicking around so many years later.... hello all, and I still have a couple of freighters of bbq ewok too
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 06:49:18 PM by Cole »