Author Topic: IGE sim from AOL (early-mid 1990s)...  (Read 54387 times)

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
Re: IGE sim from AOL (early-mid 1990s)...
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 12:10:28 PM »
Hi Cole, who were you on the old AOL boards?
(\/)ighty RE

Cole

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 06:12:54 PM »
I do not remember the different SN I used, but character was Fabius Tarkin Cole, General.. Field Marshal, something along those lines of the Imperial Marine Corps, then Warlord I believe of the army.  Started out under Emperor Bane, then Highlord Cystar.. and a few others over those years.

xPellaeonx

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 05:05:58 PM »
I have no idea why I was thinking about this today, but I was (by the end) Grand Admiral Matthew Pellaeon when George was Emperor, but my best time was as part of the Emperor's Guard for Emperor Bane under Darkstar as a Captain.

Aves recruited me and my SN was CpPellaeon... 

Good times and completely random that I was thinking of this.  Glad everyone is doing well.

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 09:31:14 AM »
Cp! Long live Emperor Pellaeon of the Remnants of the Empire!

I was SMBeast! You and KSingle98 recruited me around the time the RE was re-entering AE I think. Maybe it was AoR. I can't remember. Anyways, good to see you out and about!

(\/)ighty RE
(\/)ighty RE

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 02:00:40 PM »
If only all these old school peeps would play!
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\

Darkstar

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 05:58:29 AM »
Wow... these are a lot of names I haven't seen in a long, long time. I'm glad I got the itch to search for old stuff in Google when I did! This brings back a lot of memories :)

How is everyone doing? I don't suppose anyone has any of the old files or documents left? I'm hoping to put some easter eggs from previous projects I've worked on - including IGE - in my current gaming project. I've already got an "Emperor Ronan I" reigning from 1992-1994 of the Imperial Calendar, but I'd love to throw in some more stuff from the IGE/Dark Realms game.

Oh, and Siege/Goosepop/absdisc - I finally found a copy of "Legend of Galactic Heroes," many many years after you first recommended it to me. That was a great show - thank you for telling me abou it all that time ago :D

Judge

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 12:23:54 AM »
If only all these old school peeps would play!

Alas, it was a different time. While I believe many people still have a special place in their hearts set aside for the SWSF... Times are different... We're really talking about a shared memory/experience from 20 years ago. Hell, I'm replying to a 6 month old post (but you log in often, so the probability of you reading it is high).

Interestingly enough, it was my contemplation of "playing" SWTOR, that made me actually think of the SWSF. I was sure there would be at least someone who kept a sim forum alive, somewhere on the 'net. I'm glad.

Now I'm forced to go dig through my very old files...

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 01:33:31 PM »
Judge, check our SWTOR thread. Several of us are playing and we are trying to put a trooper team together. So far Erasmar and I are active, plus I brought in my cousin. With X and a few more, we could start a guild and call it swsimforum.com so that others will see it in our tag. Maybe draw some attention that way.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 04:40:18 PM »
Oh, dang, I didn't even think of naming the guild along those lines.  Good call, Dem.

Also......... I cannot believe I used the word "peeps".  LoL
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\

SparqMan

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 12:02:51 AM »
Wow, I can't believe I found some old AOL simming folks. I had a sudden urge to look things up last night and was surprised by how little there is out there. I guess the purging of free sites like geocities really crushed any of the non-AOL archives of SWSF/Space Wars simming.

CpPellaeon, I remember your name for sure. I'm sure I recall other screen names if I saw them...but I only really remember Zarrin from AE and AckbarTB (who I believe IRL is Tim Bradshaw).

I was SparqMan back in the SWSF/Space Wars days. AE was my primary (go GI!), but I played in NHU, Legacy of the Force and the GCW tests. Maybe some others. Just posting here in case others come along that remember me. If only AOL had archived all of those great posts and memories.

If any old timers stumble upon here, feel free to drop me an email at my username @gmail.com.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 06:28:15 PM »
...but I only really remember Zarrin from AE and AckbarTB (who I believe IRL is Tim Bradshaw).

Zarrin is Amir, he's by now either got or almost got his doctorate in something from U of Pitt.  I played extensively with him in AE during that time as well!  :D

But the TB initials were short for Toilet Bubble as far as I understood it  ;D
~J
SWSF 'til Death

SparqMan

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 11:00:14 PM »
Ah yes, Amir! The number of IM chats we had. Crazy times.

What was your handle then?

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 11:06:07 PM »
in AE i believe like WellerTerk, YxWeller, some variation probably.  I spent loads of time in AE tho, CSA during formation originally, faction fell thru, started SIU w KJustice.  Soriano (Jason) was GE Emperor for while I believe, VanWormer (other Jason) featured regularly.  I (separate Jason) did CSA, SIU, Hapans (w Hobbes), and Amir's imp faction briefly

TCNButchx was another dude that did CSA.  Also same guy that got me in trouble in FP Imp faction for plotting a coup =)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 11:08:33 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2012, 01:22:01 AM »
Sparq, I was SMBeast. I ran LotF. I think I remember you.
(\/)ighty RE

SparqMan

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2012, 08:31:37 PM »
SMBeast and Weller -- I remember you guys!

CSA and SIU, all coming back to me now.