Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 34315 times)

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
Re: COVID19
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2020, 09:29:36 PM »
I miss this place.

I am an Assistant Chief of EMS in Northern NJ. 

This is not fun. This is not good by any stretch. 

I am not going to get into the gory details of what is going on but its as close to any civilian will ever get to a war zone. Rules are out the window. Standards of care are out the window. Hospitals are full. Don't get sick from something unrelated!

We are keeping our spirits up and getting fat (SO MUCH FOOD DONATED).

I will be honest. I can't see how we get through this without seeing:
1.) Spike in cancer due to cleaning products not meant for prolonged exposure. I am utilizing a viruicide in a LEAF BLOWER to kill this stuff. Everyone says it is safe but remember, the air was safe to breath on 911. 
2.) You will see a spike in mental health/substance abuse problems in healthcare providers/EMS after this. How can you not? We are going on minimal sleep, going on more cardiac arrests/etc. It will get to us. We will start to make mistakes (my state has given all healthcare providers immunity from lawsuits except for GROSS negligence due to the statement that we are all acting in good faith at this point) 
3.) After this is done EMS better get pay parity regardless if we are municipal based/etc. A similar position in my area of the country for FD gets 140K+ benefits. I make 54K+ benefits. So don't "thank" me. Make sure that I get the same respect and treatment as other first responders. 
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline GreyJedi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2020, 10:31:44 AM »
Thank you for working! where in NNJ are you? i am in FL but i was born and raised in Hackensack and lived in Lodi until Momgot remarried

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2020, 06:07:00 PM »
The Mile High is managing but mostly because they reversed the decision that liquor stores and pot shops are essential businesses within hours of the mandate. Otherwise, these yahoo's would burn this city to the ground. We are both at home, safe and grateful, but increasingly concerned for those who are not. The lack of a cohesive federal plan through this is beyond disturbing although our governor is more than capable at the local level. So, we stay put. Glad we do not have kids but have mad respect for the parents balancing remote work with remote education. Jesus. I cannot even imagine. Also, we have managed not to a) watch Tiger King, b) join TikTok, or c) play Animal Crossing. I would tout our resilience but in all likelihood, it is part of a gradual mental decline as a result of collective anxiety of our current existence. I suppose we will see. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2020, 11:27:31 AM »
I heard from a regional sales dude on a conference call yesterday that you can't buy liquor in Pennsylvania because it's only sold at specialized state stores that aren't Essential. :o    Thats pretty far out.  Related- I saw a dude at the grocery store this morning with a cart full of only 5 cases of Labatt.

My grower buddy works at a Dispensary and he's been working 7 days a week full days to keep up with delivery demand.

I just got called back to work at the ole material testing lab for 2 days a week to do nothing for the sake of a VP feeling like we aren't still getting paid to sit at home, so now I'll be getting paid to sit at my desk with a mask and gloves on.  At least I won't have to listen to day time tv down the hall.  But Im considering just parking my car and ubering back to the house, the brass is at home so they will never know!

I been knocking out the spring yard work and logging hours by the dozen of Total War and Uboat.  All healthy in my household and family but Detroit area as a whole is still a viral hotbed.  The funeral homes and morgues are flush to the point that hospitals are forced to contract mobile refrigeration units to store the deceased.

Stay alive and healthy. May the Force be with yousall!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 11:34:30 AM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2020, 12:28:03 PM »
How is everyone doing out there? Hope you are all staying safe.

Offline GreyJedi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2020, 04:14:15 PM »
Surviving. Still working from home on broken ass equipment lol

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2020, 06:46:09 PM »
Injecting disinfectants and prioritizing money over lives here.  I'll everyone know how it works out!

HEEYOOOO, 2,000th post!

Dig your new SL piece Grey, props on getting it going!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 06:48:23 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2020, 09:42:53 PM »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline GreyJedi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2020, 08:56:12 AM »
Thank Eidolon. I have more. ive been writting. gonna just establish the Char and then if any one wants to Rp together, I am down

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2020, 04:36:53 PM »
How is everyone holding up?

We are doing all right in New England. Managed to stay in empty houses of relatives for a month in July-August to give the kids some space to run and easier access to the sun and outdoors. It was nice and I also took some long overdue vacation time to unwind a bit.

During vacation I have become interested in UFO/UAP/"The Phenomenon" and have been reading some books related for fun. Contemplating consciousness lately, and the fact that we essentially live within a theater of the mind... our senses take in millions of bits of data per second, our unconscious edits this down to about 40 bits/second, essentially a sort of editor playing a film. It makes its cuts based on our past, prejudices, and of course genetics for survival. This is why we have all these "Blind Spots". I've been dwelling on this a lot lately... and it's been good.

I am loaded at work as well, that hasn't changed and I am grateful for my job and that our company is staying busy and profitable. 

I still want to write or play a game here. I need to just DO IT for once. I know!

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2020, 10:47:13 PM »

All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.

But all is well here!  The new normal of life goes on.  I am almost done with Trailer Park Boys.  I have mixed feelings about it, but the Sebastian Bach model train convention episode is totally worth the time to get there.

I really dont give UFOs much thought just because it seems like an obvious truth to me.  The only mystery is why they care about a planet full of mindless shaved apes.  There has to be something more interesting out there.  One plausible explanation for this is that they are time travelers..

This reminds me, I need to catch Rick and Morty Season 3 somewheres soon..
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2020, 04:07:29 PM »
Social life on the critical list, masters program two weeks from completion, final interview for a new job next week, really into houseplants apparently, haven't killed IT-Guy. So, surprisingly well given the anxiety such upheaval has caused. As it was nearly twelve years ago with my last major life trauma, the forum has given me a creative outlet to work through some of the turmoil by getting lost in these characters and storylines. Even though my "Holodrama Wednesday" pace will obviously not be sustainable if I land this role, I highly recommend diving in with your own contribution, whatever that looks like. It really does help. 

Peace & love my SWSF fam. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2020, 11:41:25 AM »
sigh. I want to write something. the urge wells up in me, I even sit down at some point and start to go... but lose the thread and the steam and the motivation quickly. I get excited about the ideas I generate, but then to write them they feel... off.

Part of the problem is I am a slow writer. I write and rewrite a lot in the process of figuring out what I am trying to say. But, as this draws out, I lose motivation and I also start to feel like what I am writing is shit and just walk away.

Eventually, I'll land on something. I guess that is why I liked games. Since with games, you could write when you felt something but had something else to keep momentum going.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2020, 04:09:32 PM »
Boo!

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2020, 04:17:04 PM »
IT LIVES!

Good to see you though! Stick around and game jabroni.  Maybe Hop will actually stop meandering and moaning and post with a 4th in the mix.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 04:19:10 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death