Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 34316 times)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
COVID19
« on: March 12, 2020, 05:08:57 PM »
Hope all of you are taking it seriously and taking precautions as possible!

<3

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: COVID19
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 07:36:41 PM »
Im seriously annoyed that March Madness is off.  Now wtf am I supposed to watch while I'm drinking to fend off the virus?  This is all Europes fault. :P

But don't worry Greg, the big guy has got this covered.  Did the totally perfect Oval Office and Rose Garden addresses not put you at ease?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:55:50 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 01:09:59 PM »
Don't get me started on the moron's handling of this entire thing. 

Hope everyone is taking the social distancing seriously and not going out unless for food or medicine.

Be safe folks.

I am working from home. Plan on funneling my massive levels of anxiety in to star wars at some point but haven't been able to sit down and read anything lately besides news and twitter. :(

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 05:21:30 PM »
The data on the virus is pretty staggering. I'm self quarantining as much as possible.

Looking forward to playing a lot of Sabacc with family this weekend.
EMPEROR SEVERUS
IMPERIAL GALACTIC EMPIRE - RESURRECTED

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 10:35:41 PM »
Something like 176% growth overnight nation wide.  Government restaurant shut downs, sports at every level shut down, economic melt downs, united auto workers shut down, every supplier shut down, any place that works with people shut down, stock free falls, government lockdowns, schools closed until next year, grocery store shelves ransacked, national guards being called up.  Shits the start of a movie.  I dont know how they didn't think it was going to sweep across the country given the open range culture of american lifestyles and vast interstate and international trade networks.  We've never lived through anything like thsis.  I guess its better than an asteroid or nuclear war.  But stay healthy yousall.

They just announced on the local news that hospitals ask if you believe you have been infected, not to go to the ER but to call a hotline for instructions.  Governments about to be even bringing you your food to your porch from now on for awhile.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 11:25:37 PM »
Whats absurd is that they still wont test you if you havent traveled internationally or been in contact with someone confirmed to be sick with it.

Offline GreyJedi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 03:13:21 PM »
My fucking job still wont close. Even though there is stupid motherfuckers that come in here SICK and wont go home or be sent home, they still wont close. Plus our town in under a STAY AT HOME ORDER and still wont close. Luckily though, fuck every one else, i was just informed this morning that Starting Sat i should be able to start working from home!

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 04:08:49 PM »

Michigan went under State Ordered Shelter in Place yesterday per Governors Orders. My job falls under Essential Operations as part of the construction/infrastructure industry so we are still working.  There's 3 of us in the lab and we've been rotating 1 person a day for passed 2 weeks.

So far the family is all good here, hope same with all yours!  

Been getting house shit done though, banging out Netflix Watchlist and laying waste to ancient china in Total War Three Kingdoms.

I should be writing more though!!!!!!! arrrrrgggghhhhh!!

Stay safe and diligent.  Still a long way to go with this thing.

~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 04:29:56 PM »
I've been at home for 2 weeks about, this is the third week. This is all stressful as hell, but culling my twitter and news consumption the last days has been a huge improvement. But still. I haven't been able to get into my star wars novels at all, just can't get into the mindspace for reading fiction. Instead I've been fucking around with old computers and code related shit.

I really DO need to start writing, though. Maybe tonight I'll take the plunge.

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 05:26:32 PM »
Write! 

This shit is bananas. We're both working from home (grateful to be able to do so) and although it sucks, I'd rather hunker down for a few weeks rather than kiss the rest of the year goodbye. However, seeing as literally no one can listen to very simple instructions, that is looking less likely. 

I'll be in and out, getting a master's online so that does take a considerable amount of time, but will always make time for a little Holodramz. 
Syren

Offline GreyJedi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 02:14:53 PM »
Well All of you, I hope all of you stay safe and healthy. And @SWSFEidolon get your Ass writing! lol

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2020, 04:07:00 PM »
I'm teleworking 4 days a week, and our office is rotating having 1 person go in each day to man the desk.

At home, my daughter is tele-schooling ("distance learning" is apparently the correct term), so that has been ... an experience.

Hope everyone stays healthy.
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 01:20:40 PM »
Looks like one of the guys I work with has COVID. Hasn't tested but his doctor is pretty sure that's what he got. ~5 days ago had 2 days of bad flu/fever. Last 3 days no fever and feels better but its more difficult to breathe. He has asthma, as I do.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 11:13:23 PM »
How are folks doing?

Been a rough week here but still healthy and still working so i won't complain.

Offline GreyJedi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2020, 09:48:38 AM »
Not too bad here. Just been working from home now almost 2 weeks. My job finally decided to send 99% of us home. Myself and 1 of my supervisors were the first ones to be sent home from my department. So here I am, Ar home, at my desk, working in a wife beater and boxers lol