Author Topic: SWA: AJ | Game Master's Corner  (Read 60113 times)

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
Re: SWA: AJ | Game Master's Corner
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2018, 10:09:29 PM »
Hale--since the Dathomir campaign is taking longer than expected, could you declare an official start date to open warfare (this Saturday?)?

Otherwise, you can start spending income on OpCents instead of ships because there's no reason to fear an attack at the moment.
EMPEROR SEVERUS
IMPERIAL GALACTIC EMPIRE - RESURRECTED

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2018, 06:25:21 AM »
I think that's agreeable. I will run through the specs and double capital ship HP as previous discussed.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2018, 09:04:58 AM »
Just FYI I am on a LOA until further notice with AJ.

To be honest I really need a game where I am just a player on the team and not having to manage empire stuff or all the rest!

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2018, 10:31:20 AM »
Understood.

Henceforth, your assets will be frozen. Your system has a magical field that protects it from everything. In the event you wish to return, you may backdate missed income in order to catch up (though naturally you will have missed out on opportunities for growth in the interim).
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2018, 10:40:31 AM »
Round 4 for Dathomir will be the final round (come hell or high water). We need to get a-move on. =)

COMING UP...

Our next Campaign Event will be brought to you by Severus (he will be Campaign GM). We've been hashing out some details privately, but needless to say, it's gonna be cool. I don't want to reveal all the details, but the premise of the next campaign will pick up in the aftermath of Dathomir (naturally) and come to involve both the Mandalorians and Hutts... with the Imperial Remnant caught in the cross-fire! There will be opportunities for "frenemy" engagement.

Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:08:10 AM by SWSF Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2018, 11:53:47 AM »
Suppose someone gets their DARC troopers taken out... are they unable to win the gold prize since the only forces they can bring to Nightshade City are non-DARC troopers? Or does reaching Nightshade City apply to any ground forces, not just the DARC troopers?
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2018, 01:26:04 PM »
I'm sure between the three of us, one of us will be able to get some DARC Troopers to the Base Zone by the end. And note: this is not a "race" per se. Prizes are awarded by final point count. Whoever finishes the battle gets to decide who lives between Lady Kalia and the Princess. The player who gets the Gold Prize gets stuck with the survivor.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2018, 01:40:39 PM »
Right. Prizes are awarded based on CP of kills. Got it.
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2018, 12:34:08 AM »
Specs updated in the Warbook.
*All capital ships have x2 HP across the board. Support units remain at original levels.
*Added "Sith Warrior" and "Jedi Knight" to Unique Technology.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2018, 01:19:59 PM »
Very exciting!
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2018, 02:33:44 PM »
Hale -- After re-reading my last action post at Dathomir, I see my DARC Trooper regiments only attacked twice even though they were both at 4/6 after moving two grid spaces from the Landing Zone to B4. They should have attacked four times each since I had the AP for it and they can attack up to five times depending on your AP.

Since Eidolon hasn't posted yet, can I edit the post, or do you want to start enforcing a cap on edits? The warbook mentions 1 hour to edit, but it's been more than 24 now. That reminds me, by the way... I never did edit that last attack on Hoppus, where my starfighters didn't fire all weapons as they should have, because I took so long to get to it after you said to edit it and felt too much time had passed.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 02:40:28 PM by LordSeverus »
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2018, 02:41:34 PM »
No need, I will count Midnight Four as a confirmed kill by TI for scoring purposes.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2018, 05:25:43 PM »
  I think I'm done with actions but I have to decide what I'm going to do to "Resolve/Mediate" since I occupied NIGHTSHADE CITY/BASE LOCATION first..

RE: CP Kills, can we get a tally of that before I make my decision in terms of who to kill, Kalia or Misada, because whether or not I take Gold, it may factor in to that.  Since the GOLD player takes a Legend in the form of one of the 4 (Kalia, Misada and other 2), but the player who Occupies BASE 1st may not necessarily be the Gold Player, I want to know everything before I decide since those sort of cross.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2018, 09:44:43 PM »
SCOREBOARD
    R1 R2  R3  R4  FINAL SCORE + AWARD
TS  0  0   18  20  38 -- GOLD TROPHY (Hale)
NO  0  19  4   2   25 -- SILVER TROPHY (Eidolon)
TI  0  12  10  2   24 -- BRONZE TROPHY (Severus)
WS  0  10  0   0   10 -- ALUMINUM TROPHY (Hoppus)

You may claim your prizes immediately (post all award money/units on your home threads).

LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2018, 11:20:55 PM »
Math check?

TI's 12 points in round 2 (4 CORV's x 3 CP each) + 10 points in round 3 (2 DREAD's x 5 CP each) is correct, but only 2 points in the last round after taking out Midnight Four (4 Night Warriors x 2 CP each--see discussion with GM about Midnight Four) and Rancors 2 and 10 (2 rancors x 2 CP each) seems off. Wouldn't that be 12 + 10 + 8 + 4 = 34?

TNO's 19 points in round 2 come from ISD Conquest 6 + 13 units in hangar = 19, which is correct. But then in round 3, TNO received only 4 points, but it looks like TNO should have (1 rancor x 2 CP) + Midnight One (4 Night Warriors x 2 CP each) = 2 + 8 = 10. Then TNO received only 2 points in round 4 despite taking out Midnight 5 (4 Night Warriors x 2 CP each = 8)?
Total should be 19 + 10 + 8 = 37. Maybe it should really be 5 Night Warriors (Midnight One + 1 other Night Warrior) since the damage came to 43.2 (43.2 / 8 health per nightwarrior = 5.4, so 5 killed?), except Eidolon didn't specify from which group, so I'm not sure whether to take away one Night Warrior kill from TI or from TS. Anyway, total TNO score would be either 37 or else 37 + 2 = 39? Unless you want to give him additional points for the TNO AT-ST's he killed with the Rancors at the end of round 3, which I thought was awesome.

TS's 18 from round 3 is correct. (1 CORV x 3 CP) + Thug Riders (5 x 1 each) + Thug Rollers (5 x 1 each) + Red Skulls (5 x 1 each) = 18. But 20 for round 4 seems incorrect? In round four it looks like TS should have had (6 Rancors x 2 CP each) + Midnight Two (4 Night Warriors x 2 CP each) + Midnight Three (4 Night Warriors x 2 CP each) + Rancor 9 (2 CP) = 12 + 8 + 8 + 2 = 30, bringing TS's total to 18 from round 3 + 30 from round 4 = 48 total?

If those calculations are right, that would mean TS with 48 (or 46 if we we took Eidolon's 5th Night Warrior from Hale), TNO with 37 (or 39 including a 5th Night Warrior), and TI with 34 (or 32 if we took the 5th Night Warrior from me).

The order of the prizes wouldn't change (Gold - Hale; Silver - Eidlon; Bronze - Severus; Aluminum - Hoppus), but the cash payouts would.

Or is my math way off?

UPDATE: I included onboard units in TNO's calculation but not in TI's and TS's. Each of the four CORV's TI destroyed deployed 1 INF and 1 GAV only, leaving 1 INF still on board. That's 4 additional points, which if counted would bring TI's total to 34 + 4 = 38 (or 36 if you took the 5th Night Warrior from me instead of Hale). Except I see one of Hale's later comments about a "slight error with the number of onboard units deployed from the CORV's." If you were referring to the four CORV's not deploying the last INF and the Ruby Dawn not deploying any, I don't believe that was in error. It costs 1 AP per deployment, and the CORV's were out of AP.

I think we need a GM ruling here on a) whether Eidolon gets that 5th Night Warrior and if so whether that means taking one away from TS or TI or just waving the magic wand and saying there was an extra one by herself out there, and b) whether onboard units that did not deploy due to AP limits (1 INF each in the case of the four CORV's for TI, and 2 INFs + 1 GAV in the case of the Ruby Dawn for TS) should be added to the calculation for TI and TS (and just assume Thug Riders + Thug Rollers + Red Skulls were reinforced by existing ground forces so no recalculation of ground combat is necessary) or not.

If I can make a suggestion: First, the deployment ruling was left unchallenged at the time and we continued to the next round assuming all units deployed, so I would say not to include the onboard units for the CORV's (even though that means TI takes bronze instead of the silver I think it would have taken with the 4 onboard units). Second, TNO only specified Midnight One, so I would count the additional DMG as overkill and TNO only receives credit for the four Night Warriors, not five. Then final scores would be: TS = 48 for the gold, TNO 37 for the silver, TI 34 for the bronze, and WS 10 for the aluminum.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 12:42:49 AM by LordSeverus »
EMPEROR SEVERUS