Author Topic: SWA: AJ | Game Master's Corner  (Read 59423 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: SWA: AJ | Game Master's Corner
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2018, 02:40:25 PM »
Yeah the rules for handling lethal damage are a bit short.

Taking Lethal Damage & Returning Fire
If a unit takes lethal damage (enough to reduce its Armor to 0), then it may not move, BUT it may return fire and make one last attack before presumably blowing up.

The intent here was to give units a chance to keep fighting, so I have no qualms against barring full AP usage, as that would be within the spirit of the rules. What I didn't want, was "unit X kills unit Y, and unit Y blows up, period."
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • Let the rabbits wear glasses
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2018, 04:11:09 PM »

Sweet

So given Sev has NPCs next then how he handles CRVs he killed in terms of not having to retro his attacks/total dmgs to adjust for their now able potential dmg recharge/repairs is upto him

Ill be adjusting my post for my TAs to prolly fire CMs at Conquest as well now..
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2018, 12:58:45 PM »
FYI --

The Dathomir Nightfall Campaign Event is a "closed sand-box" / "dress rehearsal" for the game. No outside units are allowed. The purpose of the event is to give everybody a chance to "warm up" and learn the rules in a practical setting, so that after the campaign ends everybody can take the gloves off and go for broke.

Quote from: the AJ Warbook
Continuity: First Month and Campaigns
On launch day, we will begin with a skirmish battle at a yet-to-be decided system using some freebie units. This will be a dress rehearsal/mock battle for all intents and purposes, just to start with a bang. The first month of the game will be open-ended with no clear goals aside from domination. Each following month, a Campaign will get activated, which will more or less highlight a handful of systems and provide a story concept to give players a reason to focus their efforts.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 01:01:30 PM by SWSF Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2018, 07:08:17 AM »
A note regarding Command Points...

1. They are not cumulative. Legends, StratComs, and anything else that gives you Command Points do not add up week-to-week. They function as a total threshold of what you are able to sustain. If you have played WarCraft or Age of Empires or Empire At War or any RTS game, you'll know that there are only so many units you're able to produce before your food/supply/logistics run out. Command Points in this game are the equivalent to that, because your faction is only able to sustain so much at any given point before you need to expand, recruit new legends, and build more facilities elsewhere.

2. So how can I keep the CP calculations accurate? Easy. Start with your initial balance that you had at the beginning of the game (100 CP), then subtract what you used. Then for weeks 2 (July 7th) and 3 (July 14th) do the same. If you see my Financial Reporting, you'll notice that in week two I started with a negative balance to indicate the number of command points I was currently consuming.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:37:34 AM by SWSF Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2018, 11:18:57 PM »
GM, when taking damage can you get into Attack Position to increase your UCR and take less damage than you would with your default UCR?

Rules don't say you can't...

I was going to just do it and surprise everyone with how the Inferis survived, but I figured someone would call for a GM ruling, so we might as well get the ruling in advance.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:34:57 PM by LordSeverus »
EMPEROR SEVERUS
IMPERIAL GALACTIC EMPIRE - RESURRECTED

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2018, 12:56:46 AM »
Also--if NR is getting points for destroying IR ships, I assume IR gets points for destroying NR ships?
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2018, 02:02:29 AM »
Another question--what's the point of something like the TIE Avenger having 4 laser cannons (1 DMG) and 2 concussion missiles (1 DMG) if it only has 3 AP (can only ever fire 3 weapons x 1 DMG max)?
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2018, 07:10:48 AM »
Regarding Action Point usage for Support Units, they have a different scheme. From the rules:

Quote from: SWA: AFTER JAKKU WARBOOK 1.0
Support Unit Actions
Movement (1 AP)
Fire All/Some Weapons (1 AP)
Form Up (1 AP) -- Combine SFs into a Battle Group.
Break Off (1 AP) -- Split up Battle Group, take damage.
Intercept (1 AP) -- SF gets +1 UCR vs other SF/AUX.
Attack Run (1 AP) -- SF gets +1 UCR vs CAPs.

As you can see, SF/AUX/INF/GAV can "fire all weapons" for 1 AP as well as "some weapons" for 1 AP if their commander wants to exercise some discretion.

You may need to edit/amend your recent Dathomir post to account for this.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 07:12:52 AM by SWSF Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2018, 07:41:27 AM »
Dos movement mean 1 GS?

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2018, 08:25:35 AM »
As you can see, SF/AUX/INF/GAV can "fire all weapons" for 1 AP

I knew that in my first combat post. No idea how I forgot.

Thanks, I'll edit it tonight to do additional DMG, maybe to the RAF's.
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2018, 09:17:38 AM »
Dos movement mean 1 GS?

Yes, unless otherwise stated - all movement (which I refer to as "standard grid-to-grid" in the rules) is 1 grid space. Jumping grid spaces is prohibited.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2018, 11:42:06 PM »

Every Sat is an Action Day, we've been thru 2 Sats since uni launch, so for those of us catching up we've got 2 pay days right now, going on 3 shortly correct?
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2018, 06:38:20 AM »
Yep. Action Days on record have been July 7, 14, and soon 21.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2018, 05:14:12 PM »

Curious/Wondering/Investigationg..  GOLAN PLATS.

They hold 3 SF squads in general.  Our PDF isn't limited by what we are allowed to store where, only our CP.  So we could have fighters stored on the planet instead of on the GOLAN, then to move them to space we only have to spend the Fighters AP itself.  If we have them on GOLANS, we have to spend a Golans AP to deploy them.  Isn't it sort of tactically conflicting?  Granted.. you could prob deploy your fighters on the Golan before invaders are attacking the GOlan itself, so it wouldn't be hurting for AP yet.. but when you get in to Tactical Prep and such, it starts to become a little conflicting again.

It just seems like why would I put my Fighters on the Golan, I'd need to spend the GOlans AP to deploy them to space initially, which is less AP for attacking or Tact Prepping right away.  Wouldn't you all be inclined to store your fighters on the surface instead of in the Golan?

1st Turn for Golan after invading ship arrives in X1.  Tact Prep 14AP for 7AP next round.  1/15AP
  3AW OR 6 T/I squads move from surface to Golans location and assume CSP  -1AP ea.  2/3AP

otherwise its..

Golan Deploys 3 SF squads -3AP  12/15 left, still Tac Prep Net Gain of 6.  Or for Imps, Golan Deploys 6 SF  -6AP  9/15AP left, Tact Prep Net gain 4.  In case of Imps, we're def always gonna put them on surface because we gotta spend 6 not 3 to get them out there!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2018, 07:50:46 AM »
GOLAN is meant to function as an orbital warehouse for space-based support units. You can put them there or not (that's why the GOLAN has that provision in the rules to allow you to purchase one without having to load it up first). Yes -- it is a tactical trade-off, given that the GOLAN has to burn AP to launch, whereas ground-based fighters can launch themselves. It's the player's prerogative to make that decision.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM