Author Topic: SWA: AJ | Game Master's Corner  (Read 59424 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • Let the rabbits wear glasses
Re: SWA: Development & Launch
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 08:11:45 PM »
If you have any questions or concerns about any of the rules, or anything that needs to be made more clearer, please let me know ASAP.

How do new systems become available for conquering besides the other players initial worlds/stratcoms? Campaigns?
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2018, 11:18:26 PM »
In keeping with the DIY spirit of the galaxy and the timeline... players don't "take control" of systems per se, they merely build facilities on them. When you have the cash to build, you go and build, and that's that.

The Strong dictate terms. Welcome to realpolitik.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2018, 11:48:44 PM »

Is destroying one of another actual players stratcoms the only way to promote a new legend?
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2018, 07:26:52 AM »
I must have overlooked that in the specs... the legends have a price tag of 800 GC.

Might discuss other options to promote new legends via campaign completion, but that will come up in August. First month is just melee.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2018, 02:53:16 PM »

Yes lack of a cost to them was what had me assuming were a non-purchase/earned asset only, but I much prefer the option to buy one to ;D

Think I'm all clear for time being!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2018, 10:25:51 PM »
So, Hale went Holodrama. Perhaps our shows will duke it out during Holo-sweeps.  :-*
Syren

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 07:23:23 AM »
Core Worlds productions is looking to bank its first Impy Award with An Empire In The Clouds, better watch out.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2018, 11:48:27 AM »
This weekend is it! If you've been procrastinating getting into After Jakku, now is the time to get the ball rolling. If you need any help whatsoever with setting up your initial fleet, picking a faction, or character angle, please let me know! If this has been a rough month for you, let me know that too! I'd be more than willing to help you get set up even if you know you're going to be inactive for a couple weeks. Better to have a foot in the door than no door at all.

So far the Dathomir campaign is being tailored specifically for Eidolon and I given that we are the only players. If anyone else shows up, we can tweak the story to accommodate other factions.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2018, 07:47:42 AM »
TODAY IS LAUNCH DAY!!

At the end of this week (July 7th) will be the first Action Day (where you will be able to collect income and order new units). If you have been looking into this game from the outside and haven't decided to commit, now is the time to do so. By the end of the week, please do the following:

[ ] Read the Warbook and follow the Player Start-Up Guide.
[ ] Post a homeworld thread.
[ ] Post a banking/finance statement detailing your start-up expenses.
[ ] Participate in the Campaign Event at Dathomir. It is optional, but after the 7th it will be closed to new-comers.

If you need any assistance with any of the above, just give me "power of attorney" on this thread and I'll post for you (executing your desires, etc.).
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: SWA: AJ | Game Master's Corner
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2018, 08:38:07 AM »
Gonna wait for Eidolon before Dathomir actions proceed. Here's how it's gonna go down after Eidolon exits hyperspace...

1. I will post the NPC's setup and units for Dathomir (locations, etc.) and take initial actions.
2. Turn order will be as follows: Hale, Severus, Eidolon, Dathomir.
3. Control of NPC will shift in the same way: Hale, Severus, Eidolon.
4. Basic guidelines: have fun, be fair, and do not directly single-out other players by throwing all of the NPC units at one target. After all, everybody is going to win something, but he who comes in first place gets to determine the fate of Dathomir!
5. As far as scoring goes... no points will be awarded for assisted kills. It's winner-take-all. However, the CORVs will be loaded down with support units, which will artificially inflate their value to 6 CP (as opposed to 3 CP), thus making the CORVs as big of a take-down as the ISD Conquest. There will also be plenty of units on the ground to take care of!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2018, 10:56:16 PM »
The Dathomir campaign NIGHTFALL is officially PAUSED until further notice.

Here's to you, Star Wars Storyline Writer.
#RealAmericanHeroes
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2018, 11:14:53 AM »
Got asked this question: What happens to Legends when the unit they are commanding gets destroyed?

Added some new rules to the rulebook:

When Legends are defeated in battle, they get incapacitated and will return to your STRATCOM on the next Action Day, but without income. On the next Action Day after, they will be restored to 100%.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2018, 05:24:33 PM »

LEGENDS NEVER DIE!

Will this apply to ALL Legends a given player owns beyond the initial 1 we each get at start up?
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2018, 10:57:45 PM »
All legends!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2018, 01:59:33 PM »
  Reading Rules to know what the ISD Conquest could do before it's destruction was posted.  From the rule verbage, it seems it may only Attack..

I was thinking it could make it more interesting if a dying ship is allowed to exercise it's full AP before being destoryed.. so if it can repair enough shields/armor to do so in one turn, it still lives?  This way, a player attacking a CAPSHIP to go for kill won't always simply be able to pile on damage to the ships durability max, but has to account for some potential overage in damage he does to account for what the targetted CAP could repair in one swipe as well? 

Re: Time and such.  In a given round of posts, it could be considered that everything is all happening in quick succession/at once even, in that the ISD Conquest may not be taking it's actual turn until we all finish our 2nd Round moves first, but when it does make it's 2nd Round Moves, it enjoys the same chance we all had to exercise it's full capabilities in that turn.  Otherwise it creates a sort of unfair skew, even for a 'CPU opponent', and even more so once we get in to stabbing each other later.

Would like a ruling/input on this potential aspect before finalizing my 2nd Dath post!  Almost done otherwise!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 02:08:28 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death