Author Topic: Game Status  (Read 31541 times)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Game Status
« on: July 06, 2017, 08:39:02 PM »
For those wondering, I'm just trying to find the time to finish formatting specs and programming a map-plotter tool that lets you copy/paste a list of units and see them positioned on the grid - hopefully a way for us to make the game easier to play (as well as much faster)!

Hopefully next week I'll have it all done and we can get started asap.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: Game Status
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 04:57:35 PM »
Update: Specifications

All specifications have been posted; however, the costs are not accurate and I need to go through and update those next. All that remains to be priced are facilities.

I will also be adding a touch more to the ECONOMY section in the Rulebook as that part of the game is finalized.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 05:21:37 PM by SWSF Hoppus »

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 09:47:03 PM »
Added some rules, added prices and specs.

I need to do pricing on a few things yet and add Rebel and Imperial facilities. Hope to get that done tomorrow.

If people show up, we can get started next week. :)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 10:31:14 AM »
Update

All that's left to do is a bit of economy number wrangling for the current rule set. Once that feels all right, we will freeze the rule set, version it, and start playing. In 3 months we will have a chat about how things are going and see what needs adjusting, what might benefit from more depth, and that sort of thing.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 08:35:00 PM »
Update: Important Economy Rules

Rules updated with Economy and some Ground Combat details.

Players will probably be given x3 monthly income and a free maintenance the first month.

I still need to copy/paste the other facilities into RA and GE spec threads!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 08:39:39 PM by RA Hoppus »

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 12:48:41 PM »
Update

Small spec changes, VSD has moved to Common Tech.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 08:36:17 AM »
Update

- Scanning and Distress call rules have been added.
- Rakata Prime has been replaced by Scarif on the Planet List.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 09:10:01 AM »
Updates

- Vehicle specs were a bit off. I fixed up and updated these.
- Updated the specs/cost of Construction Facilities (Orbital Platforms, SF MFG Plants, etc) - these had pricing form GRU not the new algo-sheet pricing. Prices updated and a few more comments to specify that Repair Docks can repair any length ship, while the OSD's can only repair OR build a ship within its length limits.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 09:16:26 PM »
MAJOR UPDATES

- Pricing on all units has changed, using a new equation that is hopefully a bit more balanced and fair.
- New rules are posted for bombardment/atmosphere based cap ships.
- New rules are posted for Posting guidelines (simplified). This is something I figure we will be tweaking as we go and figure out the best balance.

Pricing is using a new algorithm that is hopefully a bit more fair!

Sorry to throw in such a big change this late in the game but hey, its a soft launch! :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:22:32 PM by RA Hoppus »

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 05:19:33 PM »
UPDATES

- All prices are accurate for all units now!
- Checkout the rulebook, there's some new stuff in there about post turns (simplified), hyperspace, deploying troops, bombardment.

I don't anticipate making ANY CHANGES at this point besides rule clarifications. No new specs, no new pricing, etc.

EDIT:

1 More change!

- 'Heavy' starfighters do not force enemy fighters to stop and engage (TIE/B, Y/W, R41 Starchaser) ~ rules coming.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:34:06 PM by RA Hoppus »

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 09:03:27 AM »
update

Due to some hatred towards MC80b and MC60 specs, the rebel Mon Cal ship specs are being redone in an attempt to be more canon. Hopefully by end of day today. Just an FYI.

Looks like, unfortunatley, launch will have to wait until Saturday. Hopefully by then we will be ready to roll 100%.

Offline Lordmaligan

• SWSF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 09:27:33 AM »
I will support any change the group and GM agree with
However a caution ..... for the price the mc80b already isn't a big bargain
For 30 extra maintenance bucks a months the ISD I causes 300 more dmg, has a ground complement, strong defense, and enough fighters to occupy the 80b.

The rebels will have cheap weak capital ships loaded with star fighters. I hope we are not reducing the 80b offensive component. My two cents   If we reduce its capacity the cost should also reflect cannon

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 10:15:10 AM »
Update

SF Plants, Ground Weapons Factories, and Troop Training Grounds can now 'store' the equivalent of their output. See their specs for more info!

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 11:22:02 AM »
Update

SF Plants, Ground Weapons Factories, and Troop Training Grounds can now 'store' the equivalent of their output. See their specs for more info!

Great!  And I assume store means they're not usable, but they're there (i.e. I can't launch them in an invasion, but they're built for restock when needed).

Should the PIC still be at the original price or was it getting 1/2 priced with the other ground bases?

P.S.  Thank you for the generic garrison, too.
- Ranes

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 11:27:38 AM »
Great!  And I assume store means they're not usable, but they're there (i.e. I can't launch them in an invasion, but they're built for restock when needed).

Should the PIC still be at the original price or was it getting 1/2 priced with the other ground bases?

P.S.  Thank you for the generic garrison, too.

Yes, you infer correctly. I will update to make that explicit.

RE: PIC, the price isn't changing, only Facilities had prices cut down (not emplacements).