Author Topic: OOC: GCW Episode III Pre-Launch Discussion  (Read 68312 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: OOC: GCW Episode III Pre-Launch Discussion
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2013, 01:08:04 PM »
What?

*SKKKKREEEEEEEEEEETTT*

that's the brakes almost going out.

So you're giving self FREE ISD at YOUR Capitol based on the fact that you built an SSD and all kinds of "continuity" aspects from II?  That is HIGHLY HIGHLY unfair and biased towards youself.  It's mighty convenient to work out that you get a FREE one time ISD, and are content for everyone else to have their Capitols work another way.  Not saying this is openly skewing game in your favor, but the congregation of excuses for it's allowance combined with the fact that it puts you alone and your capitol alone at a huge advantage, that's quite a heaping pile of bullshit.

I had an SSD building as well that was at least half way along by time II ended.  I'm going to have to strongly object to that little self bestowed favor.  Unless everyoen else is getting a free empty one time heavy cruiser, I don't see why you should either.

Everyones putting and has put in LOTS of work.  It seems an unjust reward and leg up to give yourself imo.

EDIT -  You cite story purposes but it has tangible worth that is not being accounted for.  it is free defense that you and you alone are profiting from.  

And yeah I read NR specs once, but inbetween having to go back and re check what was changed in rules that were already posted with no notification, I don't have all the time in the world to memorize everyones spec pages at the moment.  Soon enough tho ;)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:19:27 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2013, 01:22:15 PM »
Alright. Point made.

RSD Liberator now counts towards my CP.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2013, 01:25:25 PM »
Alright. Point made.

RSD Liberator now counts towards my CP.

good luck outfitting it and squeezing anything else in there ;)

my last public lament/suggestion of the subject. . .

Leave the x3 base alone for all reg worlds.  Give every persons Political Capitol a base of about 8k.  make it so the Administrator Ability is only a x1.5 modifier (8k becomes 12k, x3s would be x4.5s).  Make PDF borrowing subject to a "Support Fleet" system.  Give support fleet a max bulk of like 2500-4000 KC and NO TRAVELING DISTANCE RANGE, make them cost Double SU Upkeep so that it's not simply a smaller gimme player fleet.  Support fleet untis can then be used for any purpose, to beef up other world defenses, to join player fleet, to conduct separate offensives, to be used to run supply units, etc etc.  The trade is you are taking them from their homeworlds defenses and you ahve to pay extra SUs to keep them out.  Capitols are strongest then, and lesser worlds don't have as much of the potential as before to be DOUBLED.  Overall, likely ending up with a galaxy full of more conquerable worlds.  Elimination of the 24hr travel time rule was compensated for by the extra SU cost of Support Fleet ships.  You can take up to the 2500-4000KC with you half way across galaxy where you control nothing if you want, but you're going to pay a ton of SUs to be out there and are pulling a ton of defenders away from your systems as well.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 02:10:32 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2013, 02:00:46 PM »
Hmm...I didn't realize an Administrator would also double the defense industry stuff.  Good to know.

Clarification question not related to CPs.  Please define "Industrial Output"   I assumed KCs, but I want to make sure.
- Ranes

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2013, 04:29:24 PM »
Got another one:  With the 'Defense Industry' add-ons, I assume the capital ships come empty and anything we want on them has to come out of normal CPs or other 'Defense Industry' add-ons.
- Ranes

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2013, 05:11:26 PM »
Hey everyone. I took down the current rules so Greg and I can hash things out and get back to you on them.

I apologize that, in my desire to get this game up and running ASAP I took some development shortcuts and clearly things just aren't ready yet to be launched. I'll continue to work on specs and get everything up... because as always Specs should drive Rules, not the other way around.

Thank you everyone for your patience. I apologize for the confusion, frustration, and delay.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2013, 05:17:44 PM »
FWIW, I think you have it mostly right, and while I may point out things I find odd or disagree with, I think most of those rules are just fine.  In any case, I think we're all anxious to get going, but I, at least, am willing to wait a bit longer to get the rules 100% and have a better sim for it.  I certainly appreciate y'alls hard work on the rules.

In the mean time, we can all still write stories!
- Ranes

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2013, 08:50:47 PM »

Yes, chop chop! Everyone get on that! :D  I just want to say, I'm glad I'm not dealing with all of that.  I have no idea what just went on in this thread. XD

JavinTye

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2013, 09:38:22 AM »

Yes, chop chop! Everyone get on that! :D  I just want to say, I'm glad I'm not dealing with all of that.  I have no idea what just went on in this thread. XD

I'm good with that - time to write the next piece of my character's back story (I started like 10 years before this universe began, so... I've got a long time to go!)

JavinTye

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2013, 09:06:23 PM »
Those previous comments made me think - I need to get into reading most of the other stories completely...

But I noticed the views.  Everyone seems to be reading and re-reading Ranes' story. =)

JavinTye

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2013, 01:28:30 AM »
What happened with round 2 of planetary picks?  Did we ever finish it?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2013, 06:13:23 AM »
Waiting on 1 more player. I'll post the results when I get them. =)
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2013, 03:33:13 PM »
Egads man! Hurry up whoever hasn't picked!
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2013, 05:15:29 PM »
PLANETARY DRAFT ROUND 2
XCAL -- (Korriban) Byss, Druckenwell
Hale -- (Coruscant) Corellia, Yavin IV
Erasmar -- (Bastion) Kuat, Dantooine
Dementat -- (Mandalore) Telos, Onderon
Ranes -- (Eriadu) Sullust, Rendili
Eidolon -- (Nal Hutta) Kessel, Vergesso
Gall -- (Bonadan) Mustafar, Sluis Van
Javin -- (Wayland) Bandomeer, Contruum

LOOKING GOOD EVERYONE!!!

COMMENCE ROUND 3? ANY OBJECTIONS?
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2013, 04:14:47 AM »
Hmm....some interesting picks in there!  I don't object to continuing on to round 3 (Final round, yes?).  With the draft done, I can start plotting a bit more.
- Ranes