Author Topic: OOC: GCW Episode III Pre-Launch Discussion  (Read 68313 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: OOC: GCW Episode III Pre-Launch Discussion
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 01:09:15 PM »
BEGIN PLANETARY DRAFT ROUND 2!!!

PM me your picks!!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 04:13:58 PM »
The game is still afoot. Thank you everyone for your Round 2 selections thus far. Below is a list of some wealthy systems that have yet to be grabbed!

Bespin (975 KC / +8 SU)
Boz Pity (650 / +8 SU)
Toprawa (550 KC / +8 SU)
Naboo (525 KC / +8 SU)
Rhen Var (425 KC / +7 SU)
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 04:28:52 PM »
Bah!  SHHHHHHH! :P  Erase that first one, darnit!
- Ranes

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 04:32:28 PM »
Okay, since Hale has given away my secrets (kidding) I think this is ready to share with everyone:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApupzfIJw1KudE5Pd1ZwdW8waldDVzNUdnNzZFRmaGc&usp=sharing

That's what I'm calling the "Planetary Capabilities" Spreadsheet.  I found it useful for sorting through what I wanted to do, what I have, what I need, etc.  It was accurate as of yesterday, but you should always check the official list to be sure.
- Ranes

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 11:48:39 AM »
Oops. I am an idiot! Probably should have looked at that before drafting lol.

Perhaps if you ask nicely, Hale will let you redraft that one....

Also, question for Hale or Hoppus, or whomever has the answer!  If we take a leader-administrator and put them at a negative SU producing planet, will that halve the SUs needed by the planet?
- Ranes

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 11:55:48 AM »
Yes.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 02:04:57 PM »
Excellent...  Additionally:

"Core Abilities DO NOT stack their benefits with themselves (i.e. a Hero Unit cannot pick 3 Core Abilities of the same type and get triple the benefits). Additionally, two units with the same Core Ability DO NOT stack benefits either."

If I understand this correctly, the following IS allowed and WOULD stack:

Hero:  Admiral +10% to the Weapons, Shields, and Armor of the entire Fleet this unit is with.

Companion: 
Engineering +10% to the Weapons, Shields, and Armor of the capital ship this unit is onboard.

Leader:
Weapons +10% to the Weapons of the the capital ship this unit is onboard.

- Ranes

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 02:14:02 PM »
That is correct... DIFFERENT abilities stack, but the SAME do not (i.e. Weapons, Weapons, Weapons).
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 02:47:53 PM »
Okay, so the hero could have all 3 of those and be good.  Or the companion could have both the companion and leader one together and reduce the character count to two for all three.
- Ranes

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 04:20:29 PM »
That's the idea. Is that you can utilize a bunch of different abilities by spreading them out between your special units.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

JavinTye

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 10:47:44 PM »
I tried posting a question in the rule Q&A but it won't let me.  Don't know if that's intentional or what.

I had a few questions about hero units: 

1)  For Command Specialization it says "all capital ships of a specific class this unit commands" - is that specific class as in ship type (as in if this character is on a VSD, only all VSDs get that) or is it specific class as in designation (all Star Destroyers then) or is it specific class as designed by length guidelines?

2)  I didn't see rules for recruiting leaders/companions/etc.  How does that work?  I see I get a Hero and one companion to start, but do others just come when I reach a certain number of planets?  Do I have to conduct recruitment missions (ala Rebellion)?  Or do I just pay a cost and train them?

3)  Admiral says +10% to Weapons/Shields/Armor of the entire Fleet.  Does that include starfighters, auxiliary, and ground forces (when used)?  Is it just capital ships? 

4)  How does the Force work?  Is that a Core Ability?  It was set off, so I wasn't sure.  I assumed it meant, if you were to be a Sith Level III, it meant your other abilities were Sith Level II and Sith Level I.

5)  Are you going to expand on the economic benefits of the things like "Commercial Center" and "Natural Resources" or is that just for storylining?

6)  When we mention buffs stacking - is it multiplicative?  Additive?  In short, how should the calculations be performed.  Using RanesDsane's example:

If Vessel A has 100 laser cannons doing 1 damage each for 100 damage, then adds those three buffs.

If we calculate it as a multiplicative term:
100 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1 = 133.1 damage (rounded up to 134).

If we calculate it as an additive 30%:
100 * 130% = 130 damage

Granted, the numbers probably do not vary drastically, but since it applies to weapons, shields, armor, etc it seems important.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:15:07 PM by JavinTye »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 12:10:13 AM »
1)  For Command Specialization it says "all capital ships of a specific class this unit commands" - is that specific class as in ship type (as in if this character is on a VSD, only all VSDs get that) or is it specific class as in designation (all Star Destroyers then) or is it specific class as designed by length guidelines?

Specific capital ships only. ISD. However the ability is applicable to ships with I and II versions.

2)  I didn't see rules for recruiting leaders/companions/etc.  How does that work?  I see I get a Hero and one companion to start, but do others just come when I reach a certain number of planets?  Do I have to conduct recruitment missions (ala Rebellion)?  Or do I just pay a cost and train them?

It'll be a "pay to train them" setup. I'll be posting them under the Common Technology thread when I work my way down to Special Units.

3)  Admiral says +10% to Weapons/Shields/Armor of the entire Fleet.  Does that include starfighters, auxiliary, and ground forces (when used)?  Is it just capital ships?

Just capital ships.

4)  How does the Force work?  Is that a Core Ability?  It was set off, so I wasn't sure.  I assumed it meant, if you were to be a Sith Level III, it meant your other abilities were Sith Level II and Sith Level I.

Yes, since the Hero gets three ability slots, Heroes are the only units that can be Jedi or Sith Level III since their first two abilities are Level I and Level II. When I post the Special Units it'll be self explanatory.

5)  Are you going to expand on the economic benefits of the things like "Commercial Center" and "Natural Resources" or is that just for storylining?

Behind the scenes for development purposes, they were used to calculate Industial Output, but otherwise they have no other intrinsic value.

6)  When we mention buffs stacking - is it multiplicative?  Additive?  In short, how should the calculations be performed.  Using RanesDsane's example:

10% + 10% = 20%
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 11:13:13 AM »
Starfighters and AUX for the Common Tech is UP if y'all wanna take a look.

LOTS more to pick from in comparison to GCWII. Also threw in some stuff from The Old Republic so we can stay current. =)
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 11:31:27 PM »
I protest the common use of the StarViper ;-)
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2013, 11:58:51 PM »
Don't worry my friend, you'll get a spiffier Mandalorian version =)
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM