Author Topic: KESSEL  (Read 55046 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • Let the rabbits wear glasses
Re: KESSEL
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2013, 08:44:18 PM »
Faction Income/Expense Log

Start Balance; 63KC, 0KC Spec. Proj. Purse

Income; 1950KCs Endor Flashpoint Bonus

New Balance;  2013KCs

New Constructions
      -600 Infantry Training Initiated
      -360 SF Construction

XXX Z95 Headhunters begin acquirement
      XXX Tenloss Mercenaries [ImpFleetTrps] begin training
      XXX Hopper Shuttles [Lambdas] begin acquirement

End Balance; 1053KC, 0KC Spec. Proj. Purse

MISC. Unit Movements; (3/8 2:15pm EST) A starship leaves Vergesso heading for a new home port (arrival to go unannounced, movement part of a short pending story arc). . .
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:13:58 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2013, 11:50:28 AM »

Start Balance; 1053KC, 0KC Spec. Proj. Purse

Income; 3200KC total AD (1000 player base, 100 hero abil, 2100 facils/defense/system traits), 1250KC Spec Proj Purse

New Balance;  4253KCs

New Constructions
      -756 in Support Craft construction begins
      -760 in GAV construction begins
      -900 in Infantry training begins

**Maybe a lil more pending some scheming!**

End Balance; 1837KC, 1250KC Spec. Proj. Purse
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2013, 06:39:05 PM »

Offering (Pt I of II)

With his hand now fully loaded, the old clever Ishfan sought to place his bets.  It seemed ironic that the First Battle of Endor would set in motion his rise from Imperial Admiral and Tenloss Baron to sovereign warlord and the Second had secured a degree of comfort and assurance as well as delivering two very important pawns, or rather a Rook and a Knight perhaps, to Szymon's clutches.  In his usual personal refuge, the uppermost observation deck of The Spire, Szymon had been relaxing for hours since the return of his star fleet to their home port.  While the Serpentor returned to the Maw shipyards for repairs, her sister ship the Imperial Star Destroyer Audacity resumed it's normal stalwart post of guardianship over the bustling acquisition, refinement and distribution of the highly valued Glitterstim Spice.  The prize and spoil of Endor, the Rebel Alliance Calamari cruiser Freedom, sat motionless in a hovering position some several thousand meters out from Ishfan's direct line of sight as he sat reclined and settled in to a finely upholstered oversized chair awaiting his company.

The Express Turbolift to his suite hummed a soft tune to notify of the impending platforms arrival.  The Admiral stood and brushed himself off as the doors hissed open. . .

An aged grey haired human prisoner stepped slowly and gingerly out.  His clothes tatters, his coat strips.  He shivered uncontrollably as a pair of de-masked obsidian armor clad guards led him towards the waiting Admiral as he fumbled forward and wobbled every few steps.  

"No, no, this simply won't do.  Not for our dear General Iblis.   CEE SIX!" Ishfan called out.  A carbon grey protocol droid bumbled from around a corner and inquired in a feminine computerized tone, "My Lord, what do you require?" she asked.

"General Iblis here, please retrieve some more comfortable and fitting attire for a man of his stature would you?" the Admiral asked of the mechanical servant who eagerly replied, "Oh Yes Lord Ishfan!  But one moment General Iblis!" the droid called out as it scurried off.

Iblis scoffed in a chattering speech, "Pffchchpfffchcff!" *chchcchchcccchh* "Sstu-ss-tu-stick it upp yer ass" he managed to get out as he dropped in to a large pillowy cushioned couch and somewhat slightly dug in as the pair of guards mirrored him closely off to the side.

"Maybe later!" Ishfan merrily retorted and intentionally sat awkwardly close to the withered curled up ball of a man.  "Let's talk first. . ." he began in a friendly manner while motioning for a separate server droid with a myriad of arms, trays and compartments embedded into and extending from it's dual track and ball body core.  It rolled up and sputtered a series of chipper bloops and beeps while extending an already prepared concoction to the trembling visitor.

"Some warm Corellian Ale?  Just as they serve it back home I believe.. " Szymon offered the frigid Iblis.  

The prisoner hesitated for a moment reaching and recoiling twice before committing and eagerly snatching the foamy rumbling glass from the droids pincher-like hand and gulping down half in his first swig.  The rapid boost of inner warmth heightened his defiance, "Sso get to the ch-chase and s-send me back.  I was.. j-just getting cozy d-d-own t-there!" he sputtered out before finishing the beverage in the second tip and throwing it across the room, sending it smashing in to a wall.

A pair of large rodent sized droids came scurrying out of a small knee high recessed garage port that had previously blended in with the decor.  They hurriedly gathered up the glass fragments and wiped down the residual liquids.  Ishfan had simply watched the event and smiled while turning to the General,

"Quite relieving isn't it!?" he jokingly quipped.  Garm grumbled now more coherent, "Yeah, q-quite an assortment of minions you've got for yourself it seems, get to the point," finishing with a few puffed breaths and standing with a bit of a full body shake and began pacing slowly in a circle.

"Whoo!" he exclaimed shaking off the worst of his frigidness.  The pair of guards stepped closer, prompting a taunt from the General, "Easy tweedle dicks," he razzed them.

Ishfan began to elaborate, "Bit puzzling the way your fearless commander departed wasn't it?"

Iblis gave a muted cough-laugh, "Once he's gone, it don't matter to me no more," he answered plainly before spitting on the seeming expensive rug in the increasing attempts at offense while continuing his small circled hobble now slowly forming to a bit of a strut.

"So you say, but we all conceal our true thoughts..  at least the smart ones anyways!" Szymon countered while reaching at the idling server droid and fashioning himself a very gently spice laced beverage.

The General rolled his eyes, "Annnyways Admiral, unless one of these dickheads is going to give me one of their rifles.." he leaned in slightly bent over close to Szymon, the server droid separating them and starring at him, "those mindless fucks in the tunnels tell a better story in the dark than you in this glittery stinking pig nest.  So back to Xim's eye with me then?!" he exclaimed while shoving over the server droid unto it's side and attempting to lash out at Szymon, now frail arms outstretched.

The Guards pounced him without hesitation, and though spilling a bit of his drink, the Admiral was unharmed and chuckled at the outburst, "It's good to see you've still got some fight in you Garm!  I thought you'd be ready to talk.  But not yet.  A bit more time on the Rock then it is.. " Ishfan responded still merry and now full of smug.  Raising his glass towards the redefeated man who was being drug back to the turbolift to be transported back to the Spice Mines of Kessel, Szymon alluded to the intent,

"She'll be waiting for you Bel!" the Admiral yelled motioning back and out in to space towards the nearby hovering Mon Calamari starcruiser Freedom.

A few moments later, the Protocol droid returned bearing a freshly cleaned and pressed full set of attire.  "Ooh," she remarked as she stopped in her tracks upon realizing the guest was no longer present.  "My Lord, he forgot to take his clothes!" she exclaimed to Ishfan in disappointment.  The Admiral chuckled, "Put them aside for now.  We'll see if he'd like them later. ." he answered before finishing his drink. (tbc)

-=General Action Summary=-
2nd Battle Endor FP fleet FINALLY returned to home port and disbanded
ALL Faction Wide ships now in normal LEGAL deployments
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:17:13 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2013, 08:31:50 PM »

Start Balance; 1837KC, 1250KC Spec. Proj. Purse

Income; 3200KC total AD (1000 player base, 100 hero abil, 2100 facils/defense/system traits), 1250KC Spec Proj Purse

New Balance;  5037KCs, 2500KC Spec Proj Purse

New Constructions
      -540 Starfighter Construction begins
      -540 Aux Craft Construction begins
      -1000 Infantry Training begins
      -1250 Facility Construction begins

End Balance; 1707KC, 2500KC Spec. Proj. Purse
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2013, 12:01:05 PM »

Offering (Pt II of III)

An older model Corellian stock freighter made it's relaxed padded landing softly upon the metallic hangar bay floor.  Personnel bustled about their business of tending to maintenance, repairs, refueling and deployment of various craft throughout the massive subterranean complex.  Not the usual Imperial personnel of old, now Sky Bogey's "employee" roster was composed of a wide array of humanoid and alien species.  Duros, Neimoidian, Twi'lek, Selonians, Nikto, Klatoonian, Gran, Ithorian, Dug, Gungans and Rodian to name just a handful.  A core loyalist group of trusted personal guard had been retained in close service, but what hadn't been left deployed to Endor of Szymon's Imperial assets was redeployed in concentration to The Maw, while the Kessel operation was now staffed entirely by a newly emerging brand.

Upon a lofty catwalk platform, the Admiral stood with his closest confidant, Urratio Niks, a long ago Ubiqtorate agent, as the two focused on the newly arrived ship,

"How do you know this Verose again Admiral?" Urratio probed his old friend and superior.

"You should know Inspector, the Alliance ranks are far from clean cut either.  We bunked briefly in Academy.  And in the wake of Hoth, we had an arrangement.  That's why he's still alive.  I trust him, more importantly. . .SHE trusts him.  Iblis has proven himself to be the rock of lore and the following he's building on the surface is problematic..  we've GOT to get rid of him, one way or the other," Szymon responded.

The Corellian ship's boarding plank lowered with a mechanical hum and gently settled with a clank as a squad of heavy armor clad human troopers formed up, their previous daunting obsidian colors replaced with a primary soft purple plate, the shade of Glitterstim, and dark grey underlying layers.  Two cloaked figures emerged from the vessel, one visibly taller and fuller than the other of them, the second of whom appeared distinctly feminine as a Sullustan envoy of Szymon's eagerly rushed to meet them.  The Admiral and Inspector listened in, monitoring a concealed Comlink the Sullustan wore,

"Muuukaa!!! Wecoome Wecoome, Gunrul unt Pruncus!  Deese Wah Deese Wah!" the short flappy faced greeter made his best attempt at Basic and ushered the two guests along.

As they proceeded past the lined up guard, the two guests threw back their hoods revealing themselves.  The taller, a human male and long time officer in the Alliance and emerging New Republic, General Calgan Verose, had long strides.  His New Republic uniform was neatly pressed beneath his bulky cloak.  His hair was mostly greyed and clinging to a hint of auburn brown speckled throughout.  His face was worn, reflecting years of frontline service to the cause.  A Chandrilan himself as well, Szymon and the man had history in their early days in the Imperial Academy and encountered each other more than once throughout the Galactic Civil War, each owing a bit of thanks and grace to the other.  The female visitor wore bright colors, her cloak was a loud yet calming light blue.  At first with only dainty wrists and thin hands visible, she softly gripped both sides of her hood and tossed it back revealing her smooth flawless royal complexion.  Her skin itself was as bright as the shades of her attire, as well as the sparkle and glow in her eyes.  Her hair was deep brown and worn in one of the usual traditional Alderaanian styles of multiple roped braids, twists and curls.  Her stoic presence hid the intense nervousness that consumed her beneath.  General Verose, aware of the personal risk she was taking attempted to ease her as they proceeded to follow their guide along a highlighted pathway towards an ancillary chamber,

"Your tension is understandable m'Lady, but rest easy.  There is great honor amongst certain thieves and I wasn't always so proper, Ishfan can be trusted, especially to look out for himself.." he quietly spoke to her.

Princess Leia Organa retorted softly, "why General, I'd hate to know you then if you think yourself proper now.  And whatever made you think I was worried?  I've faced hundreds of men who've wished me dead," she cheekily replied with an assuring stare and crisp smile.  Always an effective masker of emotion.

The General returned the smile while clasping her nearest hand with his, "You're trembling Princess.  A hundred men yes, but never in Hutt Space,"

The Princess declined to verbally respond and offered a deliberate blink to reset her thoughts and broke the gaze as they entered a separate chamber and the door hissed closed behind them.

Observing above, Szymon and Niks conferred as they hurried along now to meet their guests,

"Could you make out any of that?" Ishfan asked the other.

"Not verbally, but she's VERY nervous," Urratio answered.

Szymon kind of furrowed his brow towards the other, "thanks Inspector Obvious," . . . (TBC, one more part! gotta go make a dog tired!)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:05:11 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2013, 08:22:12 PM »

Offering (Pt III of III)

. . .the room was empty of furnishings though brightly lit.  General Verose and Princess Organa had been waiting for several dozen minutes for their host and could only pace anxiously as each passing moment brought increase to the tension and suspense.  Previously assured of genuine intentions, even Calgan grew weary of the wait.

"You promised me General.." the Princess nervously cautioned the elder military man as she bit her lip while engaging in a completely non-rhythmic pacing while picking at her own nails and staring off in to no where.

Verose assessed the rooms floor and ceiling perimeter looking for an obvious sign of observation equipment.  None standing out, he simply yelled aloud, "WHAT TRICKERY IS THIS SZYMON!?"

Just then a door opposite of which they'd entered the sealed empty room recoiled with a heavy intake of air and Lord Ishfan Szymon strode commandingly through , one arm folded behind his back  and the other bearing a sipping vessel.  A smug smirk stretched across his equally self fulfilling peaked facial expression.  He was followed closed by Inspector Urratio Niks who'd stepped off to the side as soon as he'd entered and motioned out in to the corridor, apparently for others to enter.

"No tricks Cal!  It took some time to fish this one out of his puddle you know!," Szymon answered the General's outburst, referring to the person of interest in Ishfan's keeping that had drawn Verose and Organa to Kessel in the first place.  He took a sip from his glass, reacting little to the bite of it.

A pair of bulky armor clad guards stepped awkwardly sideways through the passage while dragging a withered greyed human prisoner between them.  They approached the visiting New Republic emissaries and allowed their burden to drop to the floor in front of them before exiting the chamber leaving the five others to sort out their business.

"Garm!" the Princess exclaimed in concern, hastily throwing off her bright ornate cloak and tossing it over the trembling man as she dropped to the floor at his side, attempting to offer comfort.  Always a proud, fit and masculine figure, months on the Rock had left him a shadow of his former visage.  She helped him to his knees as he coughed and offered half of a nodding bow to her, "Princess" he managed to emit.

She turned her nurturing nature to scorn directed at Szymon, "Just another honorable man broke in the gears of your twisted machine Lord Szymon," she hissed at him.

Ishfan chuckled as he casually strolled around his guests and retorted, "Oh come Princess, I've merely inherited this machine by will alone.  The Republic itself did little to stop things here.  I'm simply trying to survive myself in this post Empire chaos.." he lectured the two.

Leia Organa continued tending to the near crippled Iblis with the little she had on her person, which happened to consist of some small medical supplement pills and devices from her sash.  General Verose engaged the Admiral,

"Palpatine is gone.  The Empire still controls the Core, we can't protect you from them.  Dac is our fortress.  Beyond that we.."

Ishfan interrupted, cutting short Calgan's misdirection and feigned feebleness, "..Yes, and a mighty fortress it is.  Full of facets.  You think every being with an ear in the entire galaxy doesn't know of your looming Invasion?" he finished with a cocky inflection and another taste of his refresehment.

The Princess shot a surprised glance to Admiral Szymon then to her own, General Verose who met her out of his peripheral.  Ishfan continued, filling the void their stunned silence left.

"Alone you stand no chance.  The Sith Lord is beyond prepared for you.."

"That's our business.  What concern is it of yours!" Princess Organa snapped back as she jumped to her feet and stomped over to the Admiral, snatching his beverage container and returning to the knelt over Bel Iblis, carefully administering him a drink to which he abruptly reacted with a bit of life from the sting of it.

Ishfan laughed, full of entertainment from the Princesses' display of spunk but offered the basis of his motivation in dealing with the New Republic, "I thrive in the shadow of greatness Princess, the Sith ARE shadow.  They consume and become it.  There's no room in the galaxy for any one else to a Sith Lord."

Verose scoffed at the notion, "And Palpatine? He was not a Sith? He was not your master?"  Ishfan again chuckled, "Always a slave to a cause, your mistake old friend is believing in Masters.  And Sith or Not, Palpatine brought balance and resolve.  But his time has gone, now is ours.  I give you Iblis as a gesture of goodwill.  The Freedom can be yours for a price, should you accept, I have valuable commitments of my own to offer"

"You have the Freedom!" Organa exclaimed, again jumping up from Garm Bel Iblis' side.  "Name your price, that ship could change the Battle for us," she stated, entering diplomatic mode and standing toe to toe with, albeit a few feet shorter than Admiral Ishfan Szymon.

"Ahhh, there's the royal charm that has been as of yet so aloof!" Szymon remarked jovially back towards Inspector Niks who cracked a rare public smirk.  He then continued,

"It's not a matter of monetary sum I'm looking for m'Lady, it's merely an accord I seek.  Mutual respect if you will,"

Organa cocked her head and raised her brow, "RESPECT!?" she began, before being interrupted by a throat clearing from General Verose and regaining her composure,

"Slavery is an unacceptable condition to the NEW Republic.  Capital Imprisonment is a separate issue.  But the subject of your operations are disputable.. given your..GENEROSITY towards the realization of our goals..we can agree to grant the Kessel system economic exemptions under the new Galactic Constitution and Charter," she answered in a tone of mixed emotion.

Szymon rejoiced, "Marvelous! A true diplomat!  You see Inspector, the requisites of mutual respect amount to little more than a mutual enemy!" he remarked as he slapped his hands together, "Please, see to it that our guests are properly cared for before their departure, and see to it they receive escort to the edge of Hutt Space!" Ishfan continued while strolling up to Verose and grabbing his hand, forcing a shake, "It's been nice doing business with you again Cal!," the other gripped firmer, "Yeah nice, can't wait for the next time Admiral," he said oozing with sarcasm.

As the gathering dispersed, the Princess of the Alderaan turned to Admiral Szymon offering a final thought before exiting the room, "If we fail Lord Szymon, your gamble will be for naught.."

Ishfan smiled warmly, "I have faith in you."
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2013, 08:55:47 PM »

A small capital warship hovered in place near The Spire, leashed to it by several massive cables and a single rigid extended boarding tunnel. Eventually disengaging from it's suckling posture, the cruiser departed the Garrison Moon, Sky Bogey, and soon leapt to hyperspace for the ancient and elusive Roon system. . .
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2013, 07:57:23 PM »

Start Balance; 1707KC, 2500KC Spec. Proj. Purse

New Balance;  4907KCs, 3750KC Spec Proj Purse

New Transactions
      +1225KC from scrapping some heavy Imperial assets (25% cost production)

-3900 in capital ship acquisition (for use in anticipation of BoC)
      -1801 in starfighter acquisition

End Balance; 431KC, 3750KC Spec. Proj. Purse
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2013, 07:29:15 PM »

Battle of the Bulge (Pt I)

Deep space outside the Maw, nearing the star Kessa and her subordinates.  The oblong odd shaped rock world Kessel was an unpolished yet glistening jewel in the crown of the would be reborn Hutt Empire, yet to be set and coronated.  Until the rise of The New Order and for eons before, the spice rich world had been in their prized custodianship.  With the demise of Palpatine however it fell to the rogue Imperial Warlord Ishfan Szymon who operated in recent years under tribute to the Hutts.  But the brash Szymon's ambitions and uncovered schemings stretched the patience and trampled the generosity of his hosts.   The Kajidii are united behind the Council of Elders and a combined fleet of commitments from every known Hutt Clan has assembled.  To return and reclaim was a presumption of natural right and inheritance.

Aboard the flagship, the Providence Battlecruiser Varl Nova, the Hutt Granee Lorda Zapata Izissi relaxed upon his hover sled, observing the impressive gathering of warships  with his primary strategical advisor at his side, the Duros slave Waugak.  Acquired as a child, the servant over decades earned his masters rare respect and appreciation, elevated to the highest levels of slave heirarchy amongst the Hutts.  Captain Waugak as he were was the long time commander of Zapata's own starfighter wing, a proven gifted pilot and leader.  He had frequently led smaller assaults on his masters behalf against all sorts of targets from commercial shipping raids to strikes on underworld rivals, normally directing numerous small attack ships but never a congregation of such size and strength,

"Oooocheeee!" Zapata exclaimed, "Makassa Armee Huttuk! [My Army is truly worthy of a Hutt]"

"Oooom, moopa Lorda.. seki dookash Kuneldra [beg your pardon my lord, the Council's Army]", the Duros replied, knowing his worth but careful to not exceed his credit.

"SSssssssssssssss!" Zapata reacted with a harsh hiss to his underling, "Sagama ooka meela Waugak, doopa lunga Ranca Poodo! [Lucky so good at serving my will Waugak, others by now Rancor fodder]"

"Chi Lorda! Possos, sala gakak moo doo repish! [Yes Lord, Apologies, you honor me with your praise]" the Duros answered back.

"Gaaaaaah, nokko.  Choska veedee Huttuk Armee.... [Ahhhh, now.  My plans for this Glorious Hutt Army....]" the bulging creature pushed for the unfolding of his strategy.

"Ooo," the Duros considered for a moment before deciding not to push his luck and again correct his master. "Chi Lorda, Yokassa pankesh malla Granee Armee....[Yes Lord, Your plan for the Grand Army..."

The slave soldier proceeded to unfold his general plan for the attack on Szymon's forces at Kessel, first pointing out the various warships congregated in their own group and noting from whom they had been pledged.  It was an assortment of mostly aged albeit powerful cruisers who'd seen the last of their frontline military service in decades or centuries past.  The most powerful starships under Lord Zapata's banner were his flagship itself, the Varl Nova, an old Separatist Providence class, and the Council's own enforcer, the Acclamator cruiser Vontor Ichum.  Dozens of smaller frigate and corvette class ships made up the bulk of fleet, with a handful of lighter Providence cruisers scattered sparsely throughout.

Waugak contiued to explain his strategy to his Hutt master Zapata as the Hutt force drew nearer and nearer Kessel. . .
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:01:44 AM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2013, 02:08:05 PM »

Battle of the Bulge (Pt II)

A thick rolling steam billowed out the Bath House door way, filling the corridor as a spider-legged droid marched in it's quick patterned ticks passed a pair of dozing Gamorreans, one leaning forward upon his ornate pole arm vibro-axe and the other slumped back against the wall.  Their jowls raised and lowered in sync with the tips of their snouts as their heavy breathing neared a snore, peppered with snorts and gurgles, nearly waking themselves as with a quick seamless shift of direction, the metallic octo-pod swung in to the steam filled chamber and skittered off in to the dense vapors.

A pungent incense filled the air while in the far corner a trio of musicians manipulated their odd string, percussive and wind instruments, producing a strangely timed and wide ranging toned ensemble, not necessarily lacking rhythm or tune, just the kind pleasing to most species ear.  A seductively attired and exquisite specimen of a Wroonian woman clenched a large palm leaf fan, three or four times wider than her petite frame.  Her bronze colored lip cover matching the same natural shade of her glistening eyes.  Her midnight blue hair accentuated by her deep indigo skin.  She was expressionless and tight lipped as she carefully and slowly waved a gentle breeze upon her master.

Zapata basked in a recessed floor tub of what seemed to be a slowly stewing mud.  As the heat bubbles rose, expanded and exploded, they occasionally tossed small splotches of the brown sediment filled liquid throughout the room.  The walls were covered in the cooled and dried speckle, fresh layers of condensed and settled moisture rolling down over it.  The bulbous creature swirled a finger of one hand in the warm brewing dirt satured water while in the other he daintily pinched the conical metallic end of a hookah hose as the uninhaled exhaust vapors rolled from the tip.  He leant back on the elbow of his hose clenching arm against the tubs slightly raised and cushioned out-lining, his eyelids weighing heavy and fluttering.  The source of the smoke itself  was a rather excessive device, a multi bulbed glass enclosure three meters tall in progressively smaller chambers of refinement that stood behind him, it's inner walls above their liquid line caked with a resinous compound, the smoke feed tube extending in an angle from the lowest and largest section.  It was decorated with ornate etchings in ancient Huttese, perhaps the oldest still known written language in the Galaxy, and encrusted with precious metal and gem linings.  Upon a kind of rudimentary swing dangled from the ceiling, a kowakian monkey-lizard bore a torch that he occassionally put to a firebox atop the mechanism to keep it churning.  The exhaled and unconsumed second hand smoke from his master's indulgence wafting up in a large cloudy path encompassing the space the tiny frail jester alien occupied, fighting sedation himself from it's effects.

The spider-droid paused for a moment, and seemed to almost sigh with it's mechanical body langauge before approaching the Hutt.

*BO-DOOP!* it called out for the massive creatures attention, going unnoticed.

*BOBOOP BOBOOP!* it again hailed in a higher pitch.

"Ooooo, poochala!? [WHAT IS IT?!]" the Hutt bellowed, his eyes finally breaking their spaced out flutter as his elbow lost it's grip and his pose slipped.

"Magaga vuchi sem teppa! [Can't you see I'm Busy!]" he called out while adjusting himself and taking a slight pull from his inhaling tube.

*CHOOOOOOP!* the droid beeped before commencing a hologram. . .

. . .Pachanga Izissi's holo-image emanated from the spider droids flat head-body surface, manifesting roughly a foot above. . .

"BRUDDAH! [BROTHER!]" the miniature blue likeness deeply yelled.

Zapata's eyes widened with surprise as he dropped the hookah hose and seemingly spit out his mouth and lungs full of smoke. He shoed away the female Wroonian attendant and abruptly stopped  the three piece band with his frantic hand motions.

"BRUDDAH! Wegah ekko chee chee moola vamash!? Mokash Eldruun eemood chakala! [BROTHER! Where is the fleet I've secured for you!?  The Elders demand you move on Kessel at once!]" the holo-hutt continued in a scolding tone.

"Mocha mocha meenee Bruddah! Wogasa midi veemoooo! [Relax relax dear brother, My plan is in motion!]" Zapata responded in his own defense.

"Wogasa? [Your plan?]" Pachanga countered.  "Me chooga, tu ahd beecha dumesh, fo deese Kajidii Beemo ahnooka Wekash Eldruun! [I doubt that, but you had better deliver, in honor of Father Beemo and one day for our rise to the Elders!]" he offered the heavily weighted provocation.

"Ooooooo, choomu ichee mala meenee Kajidii! [Ooo, do not lecture me on dear Father!]" the previously scolded Hutt answered now bold, turning the aggressor.  "Geemo alla dumesh Xo's Eek tu fo Eldruun! Ahn dee meenee Bruddah mekala bo foovo Izissi! [I will deliver Xo's Eye to the Elders! And then dear Brother, I will be the favored Izissi!]" he proclaimed, now chins raised in pride and motioning to his band to play something upbeat to which they immediately obliged.

"Ooohohohohoho! Doosh meenee Bruddah, Doosh.  Ahspeega suuvo mekka unt Nar Shaddaa.  Cowaka agama Hoota jamma deeso talla! Nah, golo woogash fo Huttuk Eempeerlio![Oohahahaha! Good dear Brother, Good. Those aspirations will serve you well here on Nar Shaddaa.  Ashame I'd have you killed before setting tail on Hutta! Now, go conquer for the Hutt-kind Empire!" Pachanga replied yelling over the jazzy instrumental, then immediately terminating the transmission.

"OOoossssssssssss" Zapata hissed at the threat.  

His brother Hutt Pachanga was diminutive in stature, but his scheming and shrewdness made up for it.  Clan Izissi had been elevated from a mere family branch of the Besadii only centuries ago by the Elders and because of this were bound to serve as the Council's personal dogs for a thousand years.  Their first Kajidii was the powerful baron of Teth, Beemo Izissi Chikori, meeting his demise some years ago.  Long winning the favor of the Elders since the cowardly murder of their Clan Patriarch, Pachanga was the Elder Council's eyes, ears, and fist on Nar Shaddaa, enforcing tribute and the Council's personal tasks there, making him one of the most untouchable yet despised amongst the Hutts.  But all Hutts had aspirations as bright and vast as the stars.  For too long Zapata had served second to his puny brother Pachanga.  The conquest of Kessel he'd hoped would stoke the Council's notice and faith.

Elsewhere, the plan devised by Zapata's military adivsor, the Duros indentured soldier Waugak, began to unfold. . .

A run down Corellian Engineering Corps Barloz freighter approached Kessel's Garrison Moon, Sky Bogey.  An organized chorus of shipping traffic and armed escorts slowly circled in holding patterns over the natural satellite, awaiting their turn for docking and ensuring order respectively.  Occassionally a freighter emerged from within the moon itself, departing loaded with the precious Glitterstim Spice.  While the massive mishapen planetoid below served as the prison colony and mining site, the tiny moon was it's administrator and distributor.  The central hub of the Imperial Warlord Ishfan Szymon's economic life, his betrayal of his oath to kill Leia Organa had brough the vengeance of the Hutts to his doorstep.  But absent from his nest on some brashly decided hiatus, Szymon was no where near his base of Kessel and had no way of being reached.   His forces would face the threat unprepared and leaderless.

As the weathered Medium Barloz freighter drew near the Garrison Moon, a pair of TIE Interceptors and a StarViper formed up in escort of it and attempted to establish contact,
 *SHHHHHHH*  "Barloz, identify and authenticate to proceed to queue, Over"  *SHHHHHH* the comm-speaker within the CEC freighter's cockpit buzzed.  It's seats were empty.  An old Astromech droid, preceding the R series by at least five generations was plugged in to a control port and piloted the vessel.  The comm-speaker chatter prompted it's lament,

"Wooowooo," it quietly remarked in it's electronic language, unsure of what to do.  A moment later, the cockpit door slid open and a bulky Gonk Droid bumbled it's way in, announcing itself along the way, "*GONK!* *GONK!*".  Approaching the comm panel, a small mechanical arm emerged from behind on of it's face panels and depressed a button.  The boxy metal being then activated a preloaded recording,

*SHHHH* "Esssscort, this isssss Hutta Flyyyt Zeeroo Two Foe.  Asss Sssscheduled arrrriving forrr weekly sheepment do Na Shaddaaa.  Transsssmitting Awwthenticasssshun!"  *SHHH* a Trandoshan or Twi'lek sounding accented basic speech replied to the hailing.

*SHHHH* "Affirmative Zero Two Four, you are cleared.  Follow us to the queue." *SHHHH* the greeting starfighter escort answered before peeling off and heading for a swirling congregation of eager traffickers hovering above the Garrison Moon, followed by the droid manned beat up old freighter. . .(TBC, Conclusion in Part III)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 02:56:50 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2013, 08:19:26 PM »

Battle of the Bulge (Pt III)

. . .the scarred and battered Barloz had broken off it's slow circular holding pattern and was in it's descent approach to landing within the subterranean hangar bay of the Garrison Moon Base.  Within, a pair of rugged droids chirped and blooped in their electronic language back and forth to each other about their specified separately programmed missions, slowly piecing together the pawned role they'd come to play in the Hutt Kajidic's assault on Kessel.

*BRRRRR-Booooooop! Wonk Wonk-BRRRRRrrrr!" the centennial Astromech remarked to the bulky Gonk droid hovering over him as he continued to pilot the freighter according to his directives.

*GONK! GONK! GONK!* the boxy being remarked wearily.

*Beedoop Boop Blop!* the archaic Astromech answered, turning his face lense to his companion.

*GONK! GONK! GOOOOOOOOOOONK!* the Gonk droid replied, now in a sedated form of panic.

*WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!*  the Astromech whirred an angry scathing to his fellow metallic being as he stood up on his rear foot-tracks and lent forward attempting to manually manipulate the controls and pull the starship out of it's descent.  It did no good, tractor locks had already taken full control of the ship as it was now almost beneath the hangar ceiling line.

*GONK!!!* the Gonk droid exclaimed in it's deep tone as it hurriedly made it's awkward half high stepped strut out of the cockpit.  The Astromech followed in haste.

The Gonk droid was far out-paced by the speeding Astromech as they'd rushed towards the cargo hold.  The previously piloting droid arrived first, reaching up with a secondarily tool kit arm piece and keying the personnel door open.  The Gonk droid arrived a few moments.

*Woowoo* the Astromech commented, followed by a somber and extremely low pitched *Goooooooooooooonk!*

The pair stepped in to a cramped cargo hold filled with stacks upon stacks of interlocking neatly piled containers of various kinds of incendiary or explosive liquids or gelatins, wires running into each and throughout the room, linking each other.  Universal warning labels clearly marked their destructive natures.  Tip toeing around the laid and coiled lengths of bunched wires, the pair found the control hub for the whole network, shooting each other a nervous puzzled glance in deciding which would try to disarm it.

The Astromech droid slumped forward on it's front arms and lowered it's head in lament, resigned to the Gonk droids insistence, then pivoted himself to meet a hub-port with a complex key piece mounted on an ancillary arm of his own that swung out from his rusted body.  It made several spins one way, coasting to a stop and reversing itself the other.  A series of lights and quiet electronic sounds dancing throughout the process.  Eventually, the key piece stopped spinning and locked up.  A mechanical metal against metal grind proceeded, before a dramatic shock wave emitted from the base of the control hub and ran up it and through the port to the squat droids key-piece and down his arm, sending a slivery-blue rippled effect briefly throughout his body.

*Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!* he exclaimed, shooting himself back and slamming against the wall in a loud thud.  As he shook himself off, the Gonk made his attempt.  The same result ensued.  The droids fled, making their way to the main corridor and aimlessly zipping back and forth in a frenzy, lamenting their predicament to each other in a series of electronic exclamations only a droid could comprehend.

The Barloz settled to the hangar bay floor.  Far across the spacious arena like enclosure, about half way up the towering walls, a tractor beam released it's hold of the ship and pivoted up to grab another descending mercantile vessel as it lowered beneath the ceiling, the twin massive hangar bay doors rolling shut behind it.  Numerous berths honeycombed the opposite walls, housing fighters and various support craft.  Some were empty, their occupants out on patrols and escort work, but most were occupied, some darkened, some lit and full of maintenance or tuning type action.  Several other freighter type ships sat on the Hangar bay floor near the Barloz.  Ground crew scattered around them all and hurriedly conducted their tasks in an organized efficient manner.  Various aliens of all sorts, but similarly uniformed in almost civilian seeming industrial or administrative workers attire.  Standing near the Barloz, a male human administrative worker impatiently tapped his foot while waiting for the ship's boarding ramp to descend.

"Any time Zero Two Four!" he yelled out, looking at the ship's darkened cockpit.  A pair of alien Gran laborers waited nearby, leaning against their powered loading cart that was filled with specially reinforced long diamond shaped containers of the precious Glitterstim spice.  A moment later, a loud unlocking sound preceded a mechanical hum as the wide boarding plank lowered from the vessels belly, clanking against the floor.  A few moments passed and no one emerged, prompting the now aggravated floor manager to stomp over to the ship's opening and glance within, he was whisked back by abrupt reaction as a pair of droids came racing down the ramp, chittering and gonking along the way, racing away from the vessel as fast as their individual modes of movement could carry them.

*GONK!* *GONK!* the Gonk droid called out to his companion who was now a few dozen meters ahead, as if to plead for him to wait up.

The human administrator cocked a puzzled brow and motioned for the pair of Gran to follow him as they moved to further inspect the vessel.  The human strolled up the ramp within while the Gran waited just outside.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 11:01:57 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death