Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794688 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: OOC Chat
« Reply #2040 on: June 06, 2013, 08:09:31 PM »
6 "Registered" Factions for III!  A genuine Indep Mistress!  Many more interested parties pending!  The new board materializing!

It's a good day to be a die hard.

EDIT - 7! =D RIGHT ON!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:20:54 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #2041 on: June 06, 2013, 08:20:40 PM »
Hey everyone! I'd like to give you a Development Update for GCWIII!

Things are moving along more slowly than anticipated. Given the relative size and scope of GCWIII, in addition to vast array of new features we are adding to the game, this Episode/Chapter of GCW is going to be EPIC! Greg and I are working hard to give the SWSF Community something special - something that captures the essence of the Star Wars mythology whilst delivering a satisfying gaming experience. We feel that the appropriate level of strategy vs tactics is adequately balanced to let players focus on both story/character development and "blowing shit up".

While we are filling the GCWIII portal with Rules, Specs, and Game Content, I didn't want to leave the SWSF Community in the dark about what's coming, so consider this the official in-depth "trailer" of GCWIII: Rise of the Republic!

[] Player Characters will be represented by Hero Units that come with 3 Core Abilities that can dramatically influence the game both IN and OUT of battle. Similar to the abilities seen in GCWII, Core Abilities represent the final evolution of the Player Character in terms of the skills that character brings to the table.

[] At the start of the game, each Hero Unit will come with a free Companion Unit that has 2 Ability slots. These Companion Units are unrestricted in terms of which abilities you want for them and how you want to use them. Consider them your "right hand man/woman" in terms of character development. Not to leave the people who handle the day-to-day affairs aside, Leader Units come with 1 Ability slot and can be used in any capacity you want them to for that extra edge. Players interested in expanding their entourage will not be disappointed! Hero Units are allowed to command up to 2 Companion Units and 3 Leader Units.

[] Command Points as you know them are being restructured. Command Points, for all intents and purposes, are equivalent to the cost of EVERY unit, from the Capital Ship to the Infantry Squad. 1 KC = 1 CP. Players will be given 5000 CPs initially to use towards their forces, so this means 5000 KCs worth of gear.

[] Missions will be dramatically streamlined to facilitate different aspects of warfare: Blockade, Occupation, Conquest, Diplomacy, and Total War.

[] As you may have noticed from the Planet List, Systems themselves have dramatically changed. Facilities are GONE. Production capabilities are now INTRINSIC planetary features that cannot be removed (but can be suspended via Total War). Each system now has two economic components: Industrial Output and Supply Production. Industrial Output is simply the amount of cash the system generates. Supply Production on the other hand is the amount of Supply Units the system generates.

[] Supply Units are a new economic feature to this game that represents the tangible goods that a System generates either through raw or processed resources. Supply Units are VITAL components to your economy that are required to support your war machine. Supply Units can be sold to other players at agreed upon rates or simply sold at "Market Price" for 100 KCs a pop if you go beyond your Surplus capacity (which will be explained later).

[] The events and conclusion of GCWII have forced the galaxy to agree upon the Pellaeon-Mothma Treaty, which defined terms to create a galaxy-wide cease-fire by letting factions and systems determine their own governance. How this Treaty will be represented in the actual game is through a "Planetary Draft". Once Capitols are determined, players will begin picking systems 1 at a time until each player has 3 systems (plus their capitol). Further rules and the exact procedures for this event will be detailed in the days to come, however I would encourage everyone to begin selecting prospective systems for their faction. I will enforce all selections as the GM so that "canon" system alignment can be respected (i.e. I will veto the Sith Empire grabbing Yavin IV, for instance).
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #2042 on: June 06, 2013, 08:56:49 PM »
Yay! I'm anxious to see how it all comes together and thrilled so many are back in for the love of the game. The Freestyle Frenzy becomes Star Wars Storylines. It's better suited that way. Med and I found our niche. There isn't even an apt title to properly sum up our collective efforts over the years other than The Epicness. Seems like only yesterday I rolled up in here, promptly clawed our Ramano's eyes and began what has been a rewarding creative effort in the reborn forum.

And I'm done being sappy.  :P
Syren

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2043 on: June 07, 2013, 04:00:17 AM »
Looking forward to this!

Though, the title....  "Rise of the Republic"   I beg to differ!*    >:D

* Unless, of course, they are the highest bidder. ;)
- Ranes

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #2044 on: June 07, 2013, 07:40:25 AM »
Haha! I think these indies have a chance to make a strong showing! ;D

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2045 on: June 07, 2013, 08:21:43 AM »
Kill the Table Eaters!

We shall smash them like clams upon our tummies!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2046 on: June 07, 2013, 09:58:35 PM »
A shrunken slightly illegible peak at the Hutt Empire stars!  

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #2047 on: June 07, 2013, 10:58:04 PM »
So many Hutts   :o

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2048 on: June 08, 2013, 06:16:51 PM »
Man, nobody sneeze inbetween Mandalore, Wayland, Bonadan, Korriban and Bastion! =)
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2049 on: June 08, 2013, 06:36:04 PM »
Yeah crowded corner, hope to see lots of brawlin'

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #2050 on: June 09, 2013, 04:53:23 PM »
Mon Calamari is just a stone's throw away as well.. so it looks like everybody's hand is gonna be in the pot. lol
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2051 on: June 09, 2013, 09:59:25 PM »
Anyone else want to get in on the Battle of Coruscant, do it this week. Friday the board is locked.

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2052 on: June 11, 2013, 11:45:16 AM »
There is an official trailer out for Star Wars Battlefront E3 if you aren't already aware. Can't wait!
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2053 on: June 13, 2013, 10:50:06 AM »
There is an official trailer out for Star Wars Battlefront E3 if you aren't already aware. Can't wait!

It's about damn time. A DICE version of Battlefront is going to be an immediate bestseller. I just hope they give it a full AAA treatment like they do for Battlefield and don't just rely on the license. Taking down walkers in the Frostbite 2 engine is going to be beautiful.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2054 on: June 14, 2013, 11:36:56 AM »
The old board closes today, and the new one opens tomorrow!