Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794638 times)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #720 on: July 06, 2012, 05:20:34 PM »
Also just wanted to post and congratulate everyone on the interesting stories they've been writing.

Let's stay motivated and keep active so that this thing gains momentum. The early weeks will be slower as people find time to settle in but I am positive everyone will be rolling soon and the real fun will start in a month or two. Let's make it a goal to stay focused and make it that far! Yeah, pep talk! Woohoo!

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #721 on: July 06, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »
The case to have "one player - one planet" is really for administrative purposes. Of course, yes, it would be logical to have both Gall and I holed up on Bastion, but since planets only have 8 facility slots, that leaves 4 for the both of us and we may have conflicting ideas about what to build.

We'll be pulling in the same income regardless, so it's not like we'll be economically at an advantage, I just think for simplicity's sake it would be easier for us to manage the IR better.

I already suggested the NR should perhaps do the same if ya'll dont want to share DAC. Yavin IV or Hoth would make for some cool "secondary Strongholds"... or maybe Bestine since its also an ocean world if you wanted to keep with that theme. Just throwing out some ideas.

My vote for the IR is either Wayland, Carida, or a Barren World. And no, Dantooine is too remote to make an effective demonstration. =)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 08:37:48 PM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

GallPizi

« Reply #722 on: July 07, 2012, 11:56:25 AM »
Sooooo I am confused. Hale and I share the income or we each get our own to play with?

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #723 on: July 07, 2012, 12:11:03 PM »
Ive wondered this myself...

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #724 on: July 07, 2012, 12:55:40 PM »
You each have income (1k a month plus any from your facilities).

What Jay and I do is pool that income and consult over expenditures. Each of can do what they like with their half of the money each month, usually its spent how we both agree to spend it - at least so far :P

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #725 on: July 07, 2012, 02:17:05 PM »
Yes, in this relationship greg manages the checkbook, so that makes him the wife.

If he wants to buy something special for himself like shoes he has to ask first, but groceries and shampoo and things like that he decides on his own  :D
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #726 on: July 07, 2012, 04:22:06 PM »
This is kinda why I was pulling for the "second system" for Gall and I.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #727 on: July 07, 2012, 07:16:10 PM »
Thats funny because my wife does take care of all the checkbook shit haha

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #728 on: July 08, 2012, 01:07:30 AM »
Hale, rules say Mon Cal Bonus PDF unit is an MC90, Planet List in Galaxy Thread say Mc80 x2, we get all tree? =)
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #729 on: July 08, 2012, 01:47:30 AM »
Hale and Ram, two part question

Ram, is your starting fleet 24 CP?  10 for your custom DRD plus 14 for your Venerator.  I realize you get +1 CP from your increased Hero rank.  But wouldn't you still have to build your Bonus CP ships rather than be able to start with them?  This creates a conflict because theres no way to drop 1 CP from a VNSD, so the whole other 13 CP would have to be redone?

So Hale is that legit the way rams doing it? Because If so, then I get the NSBC for free to start from my increased Hero rank of General as well =)
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #730 on: July 08, 2012, 02:21:51 AM »
Well, that would work out Eid, except to get general you need 2 upgrades, which you wouldnt be able to get the 2nd until the action day on the 15th. (I know cause I get mine at that day too. Already tried that on hale, he said there is ABSOLUTELY no way to get 2 upgrades on the first action day, and if I found a way to pull it off, he'd change the rules, lol) So to get to general you'd have to already have purchased colonel, which I assume you did on the first action day, so you'll have to wait until the 15th to get that 2nd one. Besides, you wouldnt have enough money yet to purchase 2 upgrades for your hero unless you have no facilities on your stronghold... prolly not a good idea.

As far as my fleet, I picked the ships after I upgraded my hero. From what I get out of it, everything happened on the first action day, IE: Picking fleets, upgrading, etc. I just did everything the same day. Trust me, hale and I went rounds about what I was gunna be able to start with, I been picking away at loopholes since day 1 of concept inception. Mostly to find them, but partly because that to me is half the fun of a pen & paper RPG, figuring out a way to legally break the rules in the players favor. IE: That hallowed moment when the player makes the DM stop and cuss, lol.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 02:26:24 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #731 on: July 08, 2012, 02:26:15 AM »
General requires 1 upgrade, you can start as either Commodore or Colonel.

That aside, the separate issue stands of hero upgrades that come from starting money and how their benefits translate over to starting fleets.  If they carry straight over, then we both get the perk, me the free NSBC for General, you the +1 CP for Admiral, allowing you to use that to have extra CP needed for VNSD, which otherwise we'd both have to build and wait for
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #732 on: July 08, 2012, 02:28:15 AM »
Oh, yep I guess you are right, I was under the impression they all started with just commodore. Carry on.

However this does bring up a question that will apply to me down the line. I get Eid will get his NSBC free cause it came with his start, but for people who gain this ability later, say on the 15th, do these ships come for free, like we have it when we gain the ability, or do we have to build it seperately?

To me, its an ability, so it should just come automatic like an ability should, but Im not sure as to how you envisioned these working hale so perhaps a little clerification on the subject is necessary?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 02:33:03 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #733 on: July 08, 2012, 02:29:14 AM »
I need some troops so I hope they just carry over.

Hale's lucky i don't have a phone number for him or i'd wake em up! ;p
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #734 on: July 08, 2012, 02:36:45 AM »
Im only awake cause my tooth is fucking killing me, and pretty soon here im about to get a pair of pliers and rip this sumbitch out.