Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793893 times)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1785 on: December 19, 2012, 09:44:18 PM »
Im firmly of the belief the game will be over long before May simply out of bordum with the current chapter. PDF is way too powerful, as everyone has had demonstrated for them. Even with both of our sacrifice fleets, and both of our main fleets, we'd still never take Rendili, and thats not even his stronghold. And even with all of your guys firepower you still cant put a dent into my territory, so that leaves us pretty much limping along until GCW III is completed. Which is cool, but it leaves very little point other then play testing for the next chapter.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1786 on: December 19, 2012, 09:46:58 PM »
Actions at Eriadu abandoned due primarily to overwhelming odds (3:1 SF and Aux craft ratio). And due to Hop's impending vacation beginning on Dec. 21st (Friday).

ROFLMAO... Welcome to the stalemate Eid, hahaha.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1787 on: December 20, 2012, 08:21:10 AM »
On another note - what do you guys think of the forum design? the look, color scheme, etc? Do you want a change?

Some features planned for GCW3:
* warbook section
* faction management (accounting, constructions, unit tracking)
* WYSIWYG Post management (composition box looks like a word document for easy styling)

I haven't had any plans on changing the overall look of the forum though. I have investigated moving to a different board software but haven't really found anything that adds anything worthwhile, and this one works well enough.

So yeah any feedback about the board itself, would be appreciated.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1788 on: December 20, 2012, 09:07:41 AM »
the planned changes sound cool,

aesthetically I think maybe the skin could use an overhaul.  It's plain drab and grey, maybe make it starry and vibrant?  Perhaps a logo with a bit more pizzaz?  Maybe like you're looking at a datapad in a way if the capacity to do so is there.

It functions fine as is so I have no complaints, just offering ideas
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1789 on: December 20, 2012, 09:26:55 AM »
I wish there was a way to adapt my Firefox skin to the top of the forum. It is quite cool. Vader charging the battlefield of Hoth with lightsaber raised and Walkers in the background.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1790 on: December 20, 2012, 10:29:28 AM »
screenshot? link to the skin?

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1791 on: December 20, 2012, 10:36:05 AM »
Thank you Eid for pointing that out too me. Hale, disregard my question at Bakura.

I do still however have the question of exactly how does scuttling work. Is it a simple once and done action? Almost like a self-destruct device, or do you actually have to destroy the hull? If its a self-destruct action, then why not just give ships the ability to self-destruct? Make it way more simple and less room for funny business.

However, if you actually have to be damaging the ship, people might want to take note of the ground troop rules and their stats. Not all troops are capable of damaging the armor on a capital ship, as is stated under the ground combat rules. (Last I checked all "fleet marines" are incapable of damaging the ship)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:40:44 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1792 on: December 20, 2012, 10:45:25 AM »
Scuttling can be done continuously as if the ground troops and crew onboard a ship were attacking any other target, only this time it's their ship. They can damage the vessel, UCR 20 is used to represent the hard superstructure.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1793 on: December 20, 2012, 11:19:54 AM »
The forum could use some sprucing up but not to the extent of the Legacy boards. I like to be able to have the text colors and fonts and ability to include pics.

Also, no one PMed me how much it costs to keep the forum running for a year. If I had price tags I would be more than happy to provide the funds to prevent us from going anywhere for a very long time.

Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1794 on: December 20, 2012, 11:20:22 AM »
Taken directly from the rules.

Surface-to-Air Combat
Only Vehicles may fire at targets that are in the air of their same Ground Grid, since Infantry weapons lack both the range and firepower to impact a starship's shields or armor. (See "Damage" above to determine infantry vs capital ships while onboard a capital ship).

And in the damage listed above nothing is stated about infantry weapons vs ships. We also stated when in play testing the ground rules back in july that infantry cant target ships because it would make it impossible for a ship to land without being destroyed. So we have contradicting rules there. Actually I dont see anything in the actual rules about what your saying, however I do remember a discussion about it, but it still doesnt change the fact of contradicting rulings.

And no, im not challenging the destruction of the ESC at Bakura, its dead, no argument. Im bringing it up for future action where it might be a bit more important.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 11:23:23 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1795 on: December 20, 2012, 11:58:12 AM »
Ramano, why do we keep going in circles? We resolved this issue at Thyferra with Dementat's VSD-II. A ruling was made, the rules were changed to allow scuttling. Case closed. No more questions. Scuttling a ship in a single round is difficult anyway unless it's already been damaged beyond extent, so if your desire is to capture vessels instead of blow them up... then deal damage in a way that allows that.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:08:45 PM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1796 on: December 20, 2012, 12:24:10 PM »
Rules may have been changed, but if I had joined the game today I would know nothing of it. What you speak of is not in the rules. Yes I know of it, but you never put it in there. Not that its an issue, but still.

I was simply asking the details of how it works. Seeing at other points in the rules it states that infantry weapons dont damage starships, I was simply asking for some clarification. No circles are being produced.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1797 on: December 20, 2012, 12:26:22 PM »
Damage
6. If a ship is DISABLED, its crew and infantry can attempt to SCUTTLE the ship by placing detonating explosives and purging other major systems. These attacks will be calculated using UCR 20 for a Capital Ship's HULL (and HULL only) since the intent is to cause damage to critical structural, mechanical, and electrical power systems.

This was added immediately after the Thyferra ruling.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1798 on: December 20, 2012, 10:47:38 PM »
LAST WORK DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS ON DECK!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1799 on: December 21, 2012, 06:51:38 AM »
I think a nice Star Wars battle-related skin would be hot. Anything but the gray-scale mesh we have now!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM