Author Topic: HOSTING CHANGES  (Read 19212 times)

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
HOSTING CHANGES
« on: December 23, 2010, 02:21:51 PM »
Hello everyone,

I haven't been around, and that's not changing. But as I warned back in October, my hosting service is up for renewal soon, on January 10th, and I will not be renewing it. This means that unless someone else decides to host swsimforum.com (which is registered through next October, so no worries about that), these boards will disappear.

Transferring ownership of the domain is pretty simple. If you'd like to host it, let me know. You can email me at awirzburger@gmail.com, or I think a PM here will still reach my email.

Also, all archive information will be saved, so no posts should be lost. (I know MyBB can completely convert SMF archive files, so this would be a good opportunity to get rid of the SMF format of the main forum and just use MyBB.)

Even if there's a gap for a few days/weeks when there is no site, I'll keep ALL of the board files from my FTP server and make them available to anyone who wants them.

So if someone is willing to step up, email me. Otherwise, the SWSF goes on hiatus starting January 10th, 2011.

May the Force be with you
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline Empier4552

• SWSF Member
Re: HOSTING CHANGES
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 02:23:38 PM »
Hey, I've got a dedicated server and don't need to worry about paying hosting etc so I'll take it up :). PMing and Emailing

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 04:55:57 PM »
Can we make these boards look as snazzy as the new Legends?  ;)
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 09:20:09 AM »
I don't mind changing the style but keep the text controls the same. I love them. Dearly.  8)
Syren

Offline Empier4552

• SWSF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 12:14:36 PM »
Still waiting on a response first :)

Offline Empier4552

• SWSF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 10:13:34 PM »
I am unstickying this but keeping the thread so people can remember Erasmer and his great dedication. He kept SWSF running for several years and has been a key supporter of keeping Star Wars simming and role playing alive.