Author Topic: Admin Update!  (Read 20108 times)

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
Admin Update!
« on: March 23, 2010, 04:36:03 PM »
Alright, folks--

It's been a month now since I packed up my life, yet again, and moved to start a new job. I feel that I'm settled in enough to take up an active posting-presence around here again. It'll take a little bit for me to dig myself out in terms of catching up with discussions. And when I get home tonight, I'm also going to replace that Rebellion-propaganda banner you've all been staring at for far too long.

I've also been contacted by a guy who runs another Star Wars sim/RPG online called The Paragon, which as I take it is a mainly chat-based sim set in the Star Wars Universe. He asked if he could promote his group on here, and I thought that would be quite all right. The more we know each other and other simming groups, the more likely we are to survive further into the future, and it's always nice to meet new people as dedicated to Star Wars role-playing as we are. So I trust we'll give him a nice welcome to community, and maybe even convince him to stick around awhile.

Here's the site address for the Paragon: http://www.starwars-paragon.com/

That said, I look forward to getting back in action here. Anyone care to fill me in on where we stand? Whatever happened to the Aburik Cluster?
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: Admin Update!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 08:39:28 PM »
Aburik Cluster -- Peer and I are taking a Spring hiatus for now. I think all of us put in 200% for a short while there, and so we're just taking a break to decompress. As it stands, final mock battling is in progress. When that is over, we can do a final look-over on the rules before publishing the sim. For me, I may start to take a look at it again next week.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 04:05:30 AM »
What do you guys and this Administration have in common? You write the rules behind closed doors!

When will the people have a chance to see what you are working on? As someone who has helped create as well as pioneered new sims, I am dying to see what you've got here.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 08:15:30 AM »
Me too, me too! Actually, I died then came back and now I am dying again. Waiting kills me. Not slowly and not with a song.  8)
Syren

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 01:05:06 PM »
I don't think they actually have anything.  I think its one of those things where they sit in their dark room doing acid and whatnot and when they come out two weeks later they're covered in leaves and have drawn a few scribbles that resemble Aquaman on an old crust of pizza.  I suppose I could be wrong, but it doesn't happen often.
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 04:23:53 PM »
Well, when last I looked at it, it was really, really good. I'm just hoping we can get it -- or something -- going before too long.

Says the guy who's been absent for the last month.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 11:09:27 AM »
It's all good, Erasmar. You were moving and starting your life anew elsewhere. That takes time and patience. Congrats on the new locale, job, and life. Starting over is so refreshing!

Is Spring hiatus like Spring break except not in Cancun?
Syren

GallPizi

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 07:21:45 PM »
Speaking of new life events. I just got engaged to a Trekie!

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 10:55:49 PM »
BEAM YOU UP!!!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM