Author Topic: Nostalgic SWSF Simming Universe  (Read 9565 times)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Nostalgic SWSF Simming Universe
« on: August 19, 2019, 01:27:59 PM »
I've had a few of you ping me in PMs over the last year about reinstating and maintaining a forever-running, nostaglic game based closely on the old rulebooks of yore.

Given the limited time we all have, and the small number of players, what has occurred to me is the following type of game. I would like to know how much interest there is.

1. Set post endor with specs close to the old warbooks
2. Galactic Realms style combat, no arcs, all units use same rules for combat (no sf charts, etc)
3. Regular economy and constructions, PDFs

Unique/new rules:

1. A limit of total number of units per sim, which will be generous, but hopefully keep folks from spamming small ships, etc
2. No battle in a month = no income collected to keep people from stockpiling. More nuance TBD
3. Some small innovations on the limited grid that gives fast warships a slight advantage.

The end result will not be the most strategic game ever created. It is meant to be fun, involve empire building, battling, and create fertile fodder for storylines. The game has always been a strange mixture of combat simulation and roleplaying/fanfic. I hope to hit that balance in a way that is fun, not too rote or predictable, and also not too much of a burden.

Interest out there?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: Nostalgic SWSF Simming Universe
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 05:19:17 PM »
My vote is to meet whatever demands Sev has. Let the wookie win. If you build it they will come.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 06:18:04 PM »
I need simming again. I have time.  Give me something for my itch. ;)
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 10:02:38 AM »
I'll keep working on it then.