Author Topic: Honor System Simming?  (Read 15104 times)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Honor System Simming?
« on: October 25, 2018, 03:34:15 PM »
Myself and a few others have been working intermittently on a new game that is very strategic/tactical in nature. It's slow going, and will be a while until we have something to play.

I hate to have no activity on the forum though.

I am curious if anyone is interested in having an "honor sim" of some sort. No rules, no specifications, no nothing. All story based and we try to "work things out" with each other in a way that is fun and collaborative. A big story, essentially, with each of us more of less confined to our factions and driving the larger faction's story forward.

Any interest?

I am thinking we could have fun in the post-Endor time period, still. Write our own future starting days after the destruction of the second Death Star.

I'm interested, probably in something Imperial but I wouldn't mind taking over the Alliance either.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: Honor System Simming?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 04:44:33 PM »
Alternatively, a very simple "game" aspect that relies on story behind it to make it more fun.

Flashpoint Reborn:
- No grid
- Straightforward combat rules and specifications (no arcs, for example)
- Focus on larger ships
- Large galaxy
- Anyone can command as much as they like
- Start your own faction or join one
- Any timeline post Endor.

The combat may not be satisfying on the tactical level always, but it could still be fun taken as a whole. Just wonder if we have anyone around that will maintain activity enough for any game to work anymore. :'(

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 01:47:13 PM »
I think we should resuscitate SWA and finish the SL that got started there. 

I have had some horrible luck with laptops lately. I've had to return 2 already. Just ordered #3, due to arrive in a couple weeks. I'd be a little more active if my wife didn't need hers for work, so it is what it is at the moment. 
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 07:14:59 PM »
SWAAJ

I got bored with the 3 imp faction angle.  Or I guess more specifically mine ;p

Would consider pausing them or sending/sacrificing to NPC with forces as it stood if can trade in for some other tbd group and fast forward pay days to match roughly or something.

~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 07:18:30 PM »
I guess I'm feeling a little burned out trying to revive simming or invent some evolved/improved version. The rules always end up feeling like a blocker - limiting the type of units and battles i can have, the time i have to write about my faction and its characters, and so on.

I'm going to start up an honor sim. I'm not sure time line or what i want to do, but its going to be pure story. Like simming in the sense that a player has or belongs to one faction or another, but there is no empire to manage in excel spreadsheets, nor long posts with numbers and specifications. Just make shit up, dont be an asshole, and come to agreements when other players are involved as regards outcomes of battles or whatever.

I feel like tactical gaming is better on the tabletop, or video games, and impossible to do on the forums in a way that is satisfying. For the forum, for this never-ending, long-running, immersive game we have and want to bring to life, I feel like the only way to explore that and savour it is with honor simming, total focus on our stories and bringing to life the battles with words and not worrying about technical details, so long as we are reasonable and treat each other reasonably.

Anyone interested?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 07:46:30 PM by SWSF Hoppus »

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 05:23:46 PM »
Let's continue with  SWA come on.
EMPEROR SEVERUS
IMPERIAL GALACTIC EMPIRE - RESURRECTED

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 04:58:40 PM »
Okay, well, new laptop arrived. Gonna get it to a tech and cannibalize an old laptop for a RAM and HD upgrade, so I should be back in the swing of things this week. 

We can retool SWA/AJ if we're bored with the factions and income scheme. FWIW, the all-Imperial vibe was a little "meh" anyhow.

Let's roll!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 04:10:51 PM »
I thought it was badass and we should continue no matter what. If you stick with it, eventually other people join even if it's some months later.
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 08:00:55 AM »
Severus -- Sounds good mate. Please check out the Time Lapse packages I posted. The "Faction Reset" option is available even if you want to stay Imperial, you don't have to switch factions.

Hoppus -- If you want to join the next Campaign purely as a SL-only agent, by all means.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 09:36:07 AM »
I may do that. I need to remind myself the time line and what not... is there room for Hapans in this? :P

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 10:24:07 PM »
Plenty of room. Just give me enough notice to work up some specs before Dec. 1st if you decide to go in that direction. You can always continue with the NR Squadron you made.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 03:37:18 PM »
  Ill do Haps with Hop or an early La Resistance group.  Working with him on specifics.

Consider TNO to be an NPC element wherever I left it off.  No hold necessary. Carve up if like
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 06:45:27 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 08:30:39 PM »
Happy to do Hapans with Eidolon! Count me in.

Resistance/Rebels in this timeline just ain't doing it for me. I wish SOMEONE would step up and take them. Anyone in the wings interested?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2018, 09:24:27 PM »
Okay... that changes the dynamics for the upcoming storyline a bit, so I'll figure something out for the intro SL.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 02:08:49 PM »
Looking forward to the next campaign on Dec 1st!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 02:11:11 PM by LordSeverus »
EMPEROR SEVERUS