Author Topic: SWA: AJ | Game Master's Corner  (Read 52552 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • Let the rabbits wear glasses
Re: SWA: AJ | Game Master's Corner
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2018, 05:46:25 PM »
I meant blown away in a good way. Very, very cool seeing the Hapans show up, and your writing so far has been excellent. (You creating all that? Or drawing heavily from your knowledge of Hapan society from the books? Either way it's impressive.)

Well I had hoped so.

Much obliged sir!

Most I just make up as I go along and string together.  The most fun part so far was the exchange between the two ladies on Star Home.

Is not much canon/legend info on hapans really.  Most extensive thing really is the HSC map.  Courtship barely hovers over it and the later Galactic Alliance crap they're a part of doesn't define much about society or the cluster itself.  Hell even most canon stuff is kind of cheap and just the ole most beautiful women ever infatuation.  Trying to do a little better than that anyways.  Also deliberately trying to write a lot diff than my usual habits of over description of a scene and worry more about character interaction and word feeling.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2018, 09:04:44 AM »
Could I get specs for a Vindicator-class heavy cruiser? IR tech, not unique to TI.

And then could I get specs for an Enforcer-class Picket Cruiser? This is unique tech for the NPC Pentastar Alignment faction, not for IR or TI:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Enforcer-class_picket_cruiser

"Enforcer-class cruisers were built on the same 600-meter frame as the Immobilizer 418 cruiser and Vindicator-class heavy cruiser after naval architects removed the massive power generators from an Immobilizer 418 cruiser and discovered that by re-arranging the vessel's power grids, they could significantly enhance the ship's energy weapons, shields, and tractor beams. Even the engines experienced a bonus from this reconfiguration. The end result was a very fast and maneuverable vessel that was well armed for a ship its size."
EMPEROR SEVERUS
IMPERIAL GALACTIC EMPIRE - RESURRECTED

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #92 on: December 25, 2018, 02:03:43 PM »
Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!

Game Masta Claus has come with stocking-stuffers.

These will be authorized for production on February 2nd.

SUPER STAR DESTROYER (SSD)
COST:     1000 GC
CLASS:    Super CAP (40)
AP:       40
UCR:      2
SHIELDS:  300
ARMOR:    300
SYSTEMS:  100
WEAPONS:
  40 Turbolasers (RNG 2/DMG 3)
  20 Ion Cannons (RNG 1/DMG 2)
  20 Laser Cannons (RNG 1/DMG 1)
  5 Tractor Beams (RNG 1)
SUPPORT UNITS:
  24 SF Squadrons
  18 AUX Craft
  30 INF Regiments
  30 GAV Divisions
NOTES: Limited to (1) per faction. Despite the loss of the Executor at the Battle of Endor, and the Ravager at the Battle of Jakku, half a dozen Super Star Destroyers are still roaming the galaxy - maintaining an impenetrable hold on their territories and functioning as enduring symbols of the Galactic Empire's might.

HAPAN SUPER BATTLE DRAGON (HSBD)
COST:     450 GC
CLASS:    Super CAP (20)
AP:       20
UCR:      2
SHIELDS:  200
ARMOR:    100
SYSTEMS:  50
WEAPONS:
  12 Turbolasers (RNG 2/DMG 3)
  12 Ion Cannons (RNG 1/DMG 2)
  6 Proton Torpedo Tubes (RNG 1/DMG 2)
  3 Tractor Beams (RNG 1)
  3 Pulse Mass Beams (RNG 2)
SUPPORT UNITS:
  9 SF Squadrons
  6 AUX Craft
  6 INF Regiments
  3 GAV Divisions
NOTES: Limited to (2) per faction. While the Queen Mother normally takes her voyages onboard Star Home, she has been known to order her "Rowboat" to accompany her from time to time when an additional show of force is required. This is This ship is capable of conducting orbital bombardment, but not orbital barrage. The Pulse Mass Beam can be maintained at the cost of 2 AP each round. Ships targeted by the beam cannot enter hyperspace, and must expend an additional +1 AP for sublight movement.

NEW REPUBLIC BATTLECRUISER (NRBC)
COST:    550 GC
CLASS:   Large CAP (20)
AP:      20
UCR:     2
SHIELDS: 240
ARMOR:   120
SYSTEMS: 80
WEAPONS:
  12 Turbolasers (RNG 2/DMG 3)
  12 Ion Cannons (RNG 1/DMG 2)
  4 Tractor Beams (RNG 1)
SUPPORT UNITS:
  24 SF Squadrons
  18 AUX Craft
  18 INF Regiments
  18 GAV Divisions
NOTES: Limited to (2) per faction. While the New Republic has tried to eschew military spending, it could not avoid the threat imposed by Imperial warlords. Strategists agreed that the best way to face this threat was to meet it head on with equal amounts of force, as opposed to the rag-tag assembly of warships that once made up the Rebel Fleet. Taking a page from Mon Cal Shipyards, the NRBC retains the same elongated egg-like shape of the classic MC-8X series, and was built with the intent to overwhelm Imperial fleets and liberate entire star systems all by itself.   
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 02:10:34 PM by SWSF Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #93 on: December 25, 2018, 03:25:12 PM »
Merry Christmas to you too and gracias!
EMPEROR SEVERUS
IMPERIAL GALACTIC EMPIRE - RESURRECTED

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2018, 12:15:35 PM »
Effectively immediately, I am putting a cap on the maximum number of StratComs and OpCents any one faction can hold to 20 each, respectively.

This will cap the facility-generated income at 4000 GC. Given the recent additions of the Super Capital Ships, I'm sure we're all interested in maximizing our income streams, but the history of previous games have shown us that when players can turtle, they will turtle... so please take my ruling with a grain of salt as it has always been my intention for SWA to focus on player-on-player action as opposed to strict empire building. =)

Silver lining: no limits for Legends, since they are more likely to be killed in action. So even when/if you max out your facilities, you can still train new Legends.

Thanks!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2019, 12:59:44 PM »
NEWS/UPDATE
1 ---- Working on the next chapter of the campaign at the moment. It will take place in Hutt Space and I will be using this chapter to roll-out a squad-based ground combat game. I wanted to recapture the spirit of skirmish shoot-outs from the films (and from practically every SW video game). Details are coming soon.

2 ---- Given that we're slow going and that catch-up income is basically going to make everybody as rich as Trump, what would you guys think about shifting to a campaign-by-campaign arrangement of money and resources? The idea being: at the start of each campaign we all get a single cash payment which we can use to build anything we want. Income will be obtained by cash prizes during the campaign. Or to phrase it differently there would be no more facility/unit-based passive income generation whatsoever. If you want to use your campaign check to field an SSD, by all means. If during the next campaign you want to shift to smaller units (thus giving you a bigger fleet), then you can put the SSD on ice and save it for later.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 05:33:59 PM by SWSF Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2019, 07:44:21 AM »
MOVING THIS ENTIRE GAME TO THE ARCHIVES IN ORDER TO MAKE ROOM FOR ANOTHER GAME IN THE PIPELINE.
YOU HAVE UNTIL SATURDAY (AUGUST 10th) TO COPY ANY STORYLINES YOU WANT TO SAVE.
THESE SPECS AND RULES MAY BE INCORPORATED INTO A FUTURE GAME; BUT FOR NOW, THANKS FOR THE RUN! WE HAD FUN.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM