Author Topic: Free Neutral World Annexation Unlock At Start-Up?  (Read 8919 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • Let the rabbits wear glasses
Free Neutral World Annexation Unlock At Start-Up?
« on: October 14, 2017, 11:40:36 AM »
  Ahoy!

Hey, it's a slow start up for everyone so just wondering if it's at all possible to temporarily amending one of the activity driven rules on how a Neutral World is taken over?

As it stands, we have to engage player entities first and accomplish a "feat" to "unlock" the ability to go after Neutral Worlds.  I think that's a cool aspect and I like it a lot, but I think we have all experienced that money is a bit tight around here and I know myself feel a little timid about committing very finite resources to the meat grinder, so, how would Hop and the rest of you feel about allowing each player ONE free Neutral conquest option?

Meaning, now, at start up.  We each start of with 1 Free Unlocked Neutral Conquest to pursue.  Any further Neutral moves would be governed by in place regulations.  This will allow us all to do battle with the very basic Local Forces/Garrison Base at each neutral world (although adding a small capship or two here and there via a GM [hop?] move would be appropriate as well I think?] before we start going after somethign a player is going to put up a fight to protect.  It might also help any rule quirks we would have to otherwise flesh out in more meanginful player v player settings.  I'd be happy to kick in my time and control a neutral worlds alotted forces whenever needed.

Separately, we should just consider every neutral world to have some small starship force, maybe only between CRVs-NEBs-DRDs or something and it could vary from 4 CRVs OR 2 CRVs 1 NEB OR 2 Nebs OR 1 DRD etc. Depending on world character? 

Anyways, weigh in!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:47:55 AM by TGE Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: Free Neutral World Annexation Unlock At Start-Up?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 10:54:23 AM »
I don't want to open the door to neutral system raiding, especially in the onset of the game, as it will defeat the whole idea IMO.

I need to double check notes and rules on neutral system forces, they have some, they are limited, don't recall off hand. I will check the rules/notes and make sure this is clear.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • Let the rabbits wear glasses
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 07:00:56 PM »
  You just moved to the top of our list then fancy pants!  :-*

You jabronies better HOP forward and have the GAL to get engaged MALIGNANTLY shoving onward whether RANES or HALE or snow and shit (HAAAAAAaaaa...)!  I can barely keep Bish from killing unnamed TGE personnel in story! =)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:10:56 PM by TGE Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 10:08:25 AM »
I need to setup the NR still with units.. I am almost done with the grid app, though, at least...

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 10:30:23 AM »
Should have my units decided by the end of the week.
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.